GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We also miss hours upon hours of actual testimony each day. Testimony that may clarify questions some have.
Patriciah is a valuable asset to us all and has been very helpful to fill in some of the blanks.
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of the theories on this thread. Its fascinating how posters view the same case and testimonies and have differing points of view. I have so much respect for everyones POV. They are thought provoking and that is why I have read every post in this case.
In this particular case my point of view has been in the minority opinion.
I still do not believe there has been any evidence supporting the theory Wint had help.
I didn't believe it when it first happened and after the trial testimony I believe even more so now he had no assistance and was the sole prepetrator as charged.
Imo he murdered each one by himself and relished in doing so. Due to the multiple injuries and bruising found I also believe he tortured them at varying times throughout the 20 hours before murdering them all at different intervals.
I also believe he planned before entering to murder all victims silencing them all leaving no live witnesses.
One thing I have learned over the decades when following cases like Wint's they are never nearly as complex as some may think.
I think he went there knowing there were already people in the home. It would give him time to tie and bind them up gaining full control over all of them. Then immediately gaining full control of Savvas the minute he walked through the door seeing all of his love ones in extreme danger with a predator inside he did not know.
Wint's testimony has more holes in it than swiss cheese. Narcisstists believe others will believe their lies without question.
Imo he believes others thinks like he does but normal people do not and Wint is far from being normal.
He truly believes that others will believe he had no motive yet true narcissistic psychopaths are known to hold extreme abnormal grudges for years or decades seething under the surface while contemplating how to exact revenge. When they finally act on their premeditated plan often the victims aren't just murdered in overkill ways but the victims often go through a prolonged torture before they are finally murdered.
These kind of predators always places blame on others when in truth and reality all their abnormal precieved woes are totally because of their on bad choices.
We will see another suspect similar in psychopathic traits when Charles Meritt stands trial for brutally murdering his 4 victims from one helpless family.
I have no doubt in the prosecution case. The investigators in WDC are some of the best in the nation. They nor the DA have uncovered any evidence of anyone else's involvement and if there had been more they would have found it during their 3 year long ongoing investigation.
Imo...So in the end it is exactly what it appears to be and Wint was the sole mastermind and doer of all that happened.
May justice be swift.
Jmo of course.
I certainly believe DW is reponsible for this horrific crime but I disagree that he entered that home intending to murder 4 individuals. I think he entered the home during an hour he believed the house vacant - housekeeper gone, SS at work, etc. Also, if DW entered intending to murder the victims, he had no weapons, and totally unprepared for the massacre, except for his alleged back pack which I think was to carry his loot. MOO

I certainly believe DW is reponsible for this horrific crime but I disagree that he entered that home intending to murder 4 individuals. I think he entered the home during an hour he believed the house vacant - housekeeper gone, SS at work, etc. Also, if DW entered intending to murder the victims, he had no weapons, and totally unprepared for the massacre, except for his alleged back pack which I think was to carry his loot. MOO
True about the weapons. He used a baseball bat and sword, both found in the house. The gas - was it from the garage? Matches/lighter he might have had or found.

He doesn't seem to have arrived with murder in mind.

I've thought that he was frustrated at how long it took to get money and perhaps was enraged when more money wasn't provided than the $40k. He was also likely over-tired and maybe hung-over/drunk. Perhaps the part of his alibi about drinking was true. SS might have had some fine alcohol that DW helped himself to. I'm sure after holding hostages overnight, he was tired, frustrated, and maybe hungover...which make it easier to get enraged if you're disposed to being enraged, which he is.

jmo

True about the weapons. He used a baseball bat and sword, both found in the house. The gas - was it from the garage? Matches/lighter he might have had or found.

I've thought that he was frustrated at how long it took to get money and perhaps was enraged when more money wasn't provided than the $40k. He was also likely over-tired and maybe hung-over/drunk. Perhaps the part of his alibi about drinking was true. SS might have had some fine alcohol that DW helped himself to. I'm sure after holding hostages overnight, he was tired, frustrated, and maybe hungover...which make it easier to get enraged if you're disposed to being enraged, which he is.
jmo
Yes, definitely. There is also history of DW threatening injury on a child, and not surprised he turned his rage towards a child. As most socios/narcs, DW is an insecure coward.

This is my thought as well. He planned to burglarize the place then had to deal with people being home. Savvas came home and recognized him and he only got $40k. Things didn’t go his way and he lost it, he knew he was completely screwed and out of options/hope at that point.

Couldn't LE or the defense mock up this and figure out the height/weight of person based on size of dumpster...
6’2 and 5’7” would be very different in relation to the dumpster....

JMO and wondering
Possibly this will be part of the defense case? The defense attorney told the judge she thought they would finish up tomorrow, possibly before the end of the day.

Possibly this will be part of the defense case? The defense attorney told the judge she thought they would finish up tomorrow, possibly before the end of the day.
So....could this go to jury this week?

So....could this go to jury this week?

I guess it depends on how long the prosecution takes for their rebuttal case. They don't normally have court on Fridays, but maybe they'd make an exception to wrap things up. I just pray that the closing arguments are scheduled on a day and time when I can make it over there to watch.

LIVE TRIAL BLOG by WTOP edited by WTOP News October 11, 2018
DC mansion killings: Daron Wint on trial

Seattle1,
you posted some great sources. The WTOP blog and the Fox 5 podcasts are great. There's also a Facebook group for the podcast - The Mansion Murders, a FOX 5 True Crime Podcast - that's got a lot of good discussion. A few members of that group have been attending the trial regularly since the beginning. I met a couple of them last week.

I am on the fence about his intent. He might have brought a knife with him. I don’t think the weapon he used to stab the victims, other then the sword he used on Phillip, was recovered. He was apparently very skilled with knives. Also, he only had a small back pack. If he was planning to steal he really wouldn’t have been able to take much with such a small bag, and his van was parked far away. Also, he brought the zip ties to the house. They were discovered in the burned pile of items with his backpack. So it looks like he was planning to restrain someone.

I am on the fence about his intent. He might have brought a knife with him. I don’t think the weapon he used to stab the victims, other then the sword he used on Phillip, was recovered. He was apparently very skilled with knives. Also, he only had a small back pack. If he was planning to steal he really wouldn’t have been able to take much with such a small bag, and his van was parked far away. Also, he brought the zip ties to the house. They were discovered in the burned pile of items with his backpack. So it looks like he was planning to restrain someone.

Do they know for sure that the sword was used to kill Philip? I thought that Philip's DNA was only found on the strap of the handle of the sword. I don't think we know for sure that DW brought the zip ties to the house, only that they were found in the debris pile. There are several unknowns about this case that haven't been filled in yet and may not ever be known. Hopefully the jury is convinced with the evidence they do have.

Do they know for sure that the sword was used to kill Philip? I thought that Philip's DNA was only found on the strap of the handle of the sword. I don't think we know for sure that DW brought the zip ties to the house, only that they were found in the debris pile. There are several unknowns about this case that haven't been filled in yet and may not ever be known. Hopefully the jury is convinced with the evidence they do have.
Agree. I also don't believe ties were found at the scene, but tape and tape residue found on the bodies of the victims.

Seattle1,
you posted some great sources. The WTOP blog and the Fox 5 podcasts are great. There's also a Facebook group for the podcast - The Mansion Murders, a FOX 5 True Crime Podcast - that's got a lot of good discussion. A few members of that group have been attending the trial regularly since the beginning. I met a couple of them last week.
Wow -- I'm glad that you met citizens from the FB group! I joined the group in the beginning but no longer using FB so only keeping up with comments from the Fox5 (podcasts) that started the group. Thanks again for your presence.

jmo

Your explanation sounds quite likely. I also wonder if he had taken any illicit substances which made him become more aggressive than usual.....perhaps steroids? He has that kind of bulked up body that can be associated with steroids.

I think if the prosecution doesn't call him in their rebuttal case, it means they want to charge him with something. jmo.

Good morning everyone.

I may be totally off base but from the testimony I've seen the prosecutor seems to be presenting evidence to the jury to convince them his brother had no involvement in any of the crimes.

If that is the case I don't think they will ever charge anyone else.

Now DW may have shown DrrW the burned evidence afterwards which lead DrrW to show the police. DrrW seemed to have been cooperative throughout. Also as he was in another vehicle away from him and he was working with the police to turn his brother in.

I think if they had planned to charge DrrW they would have done so before the trial and would have offered him a plea deal in exchange for his testimony in the state's CIC before they rested.

Haven't they presented evidence via cell phone tracking DrrW wasn't in the area of the crime scene during the timeline of when DW was inside the home?

And in many states is isn't illegal to not report a crime if the person had not taken part in it. I dont know if this applies to WDC or not.

So for now .I think they will not charge anyone else but we will see.

Last edited:
Good morning everyone.

I may be totally off base but from the testimony I've seen the prosecutor seems to be presenting evidence to the jury to convince them his brother had no involvement in any of the crimes.

If that is the case I don't think they will ever charge anyone else.

Now DW may have shown DrrW the burned evidence afterwards which lead DrrW to show the police. DrrW seemed to have been cooperative throughout. Also as he was in another vehicle away from him he was working with the police to turn his brother in.

I think if they had planned to charge DrrW they would have done so before the trial and would have offered him a plea deal in exchange for his testimony in the state's CIC before they rested.

Haven't they presented evidence via cell phone tracking DrrW wasn't in the area of the crime scene during the timeline of when DW was inside the home?

And in many states is isn't illegal to not report a crime if the person had not taken part in it. I dont know if this applies to WDC or not.

So far now .I think they will not charge anyone else but we will see.

DarrW could have had a burner phone or two.
Untraceable and at the bottom of the Chesapeake Bay.

JMO

DarrW could have had a burner phone or two.
Untraceable and at the bottom of the Chesapeake Bay.

JMO

All that is true but I think the police and prosecutor know much more about the facts than we do about DrrW since all investigations are ongoing until trial.

For all we know he may have taken a poly and passed.

I still do not think the state would stress to the jury that DrrW had no involvement if they weren't absolutely sure that was the case.

Jmo though.

From a website about rebuttal phase: "The biggest issue in this phase of a criminal trial is the prosecutor can bring in new witnesses not previously declared. In other parts of the trial, both counsels must provide a list of their witnesses and there are no surprises allowed. When the rebuttal phase begins, there are all kinds of surprises possible, and it’s rarely good for the defendant."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1