GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From a website about rebuttal phase: "The biggest issue in this phase of a criminal trial is the prosecutor can bring in new witnesses not previously declared. In other parts of the trial, both counsels must provide a list of their witnesses and there are no surprises allowed. When the rebuttal phase begins, there are all kinds of surprises possible, and it’s rarely good for the defendant."
This makes me wonder if the brother will be called. DW brought him up while he was on the stand, so it makes sense the prosecution would call him to rebut what DW said.

jmo

Hey DC and metro DC folks-
Does Amazon uses Lasership to deliver in DC proper? Lasership folks deliver in their own vehicles where I live. What about DC?

And both Lasership- in an unbelievable array of unmarked vehicles- and Amazon delivery drivers- most in unmarked white work vans- where I live wear bright safety vests.

Maybe fake delivery to get someone to open the front door (like the Lita Sullivan case).

JMO

I don’t think the weapon he used to stab the victims, other then the sword he used on Phillip, was recovered.
Do they know for sure that the sword was used to kill Philip? I thought that Philip's DNA was only found on the strap of the handle of the sword.
^^snips
http://www.fox5dc.com/mansion-murders/mansion-murders-prosecutors-defense-spar-over-dna-evidence
UPDATED: SEP 27 2018 10:21PM EDT
Philip Savopolous’ DNA was detected on a leather strap hanging off the handle of a samurai sword, according to officials. No other DNA was on the sword. Prosecutor Christopher Bruckmann asked Head if a fire could degrade DNA. She said yes, and that she would not expect to see DNA on an item from a room that was engulfed in flames.

Hey DC and metro DC folks-
Does Amazon uses Lasership to deliver in DC proper? Lasership folks deliver in their own vehicles where I live. What about DC?

And both Lasership- in an unbelievable array of unmarked vehicles- and Amazon delivery drivers- most in unmarked white work vans- where I live wear bright safety vests.

Maybe fake delivery to get someone to open the front door (like the Lita Sullivan case).

JMO
Never open the door for someone you don't know. I have seen videos of people showing up with fake packages to commit home invasion.

From a website about rebuttal phase: "The biggest issue in this phase of a criminal trial is the prosecutor can bring in new witnesses not previously declared. In other parts of the trial, both counsels must provide a list of their witnesses and there are no surprises allowed. When the rebuttal phase begins, there are all kinds of surprises possible, and it’s rarely good for the defendant."
Hello Sunshine99- please provide a link to the source website.

Never open the door for someone you don't know. I have seen videos of people showing up with fake packages to commit home invasion.

I have a Ring doorbell, 2 exterior Nest cameras and a new Wyze indoor camera. We are risk averse, proactive people. Our camera footage is uploaded to the cloud....and we have 2 large dogs, who love to bark.

And rarely do we have to sign for anything. But the drivers wear neon safety vests and they drop packages at garage door, covered by Nest camera, and front door, covered by Ring doorbell.

Just wondering if VF was used to answering the door.

Even as close to the street as the S house was, it appears they didn’t use the security they had in place. It is so sad.

JMO

^^snips
Mansion Murders: Prosecutors, defense spar over DNA evidence
UPDATED: SEP 27 2018 10:21PM EDT
Philip Savopolous’ DNA was detected on a leather strap hanging off the handle of a samurai sword, according to officials. No other DNA was on the sword. Prosecutor Christopher Bruckmann asked Head if a fire could degrade DNA. She said yes, and that she would not expect to see DNA on an item from a room that was engulfed in flames.

This is interesting. Steel on a blade I would assume would get much hotter much faster than the leather straps or leather material on the handle. I could see where maybe the blade got so hot it may have burned off any DNA that could be tested where some DNA may have remained within leather strap material or soaked into the leather.

I would expect there to be staining though on the blade if blood was on that blade. Even if burnt up I would think some staining on the blade would be noticeable to the eye. Not sure if testimony covered if LE saw any staining on the blade.

Re BBM

Very good advice.

These days criminals are known to rob people even when they are home. Many years ago I seem to recall it was very rare that criminals and thieves would break into a home when someone was present. Nowadays they are so bold it doesnt seem to matter much to them anymore.

We have had many examples in our local news of people breaking into homes at night while people were home sleeping.

Its great advice to just not answer the door if you dont know who it is. Even if they know you are inside you dont have to answer and they usually will eventually go away. Call 911 if at any point you think they are trying to enter without your permission and you dont know them.

Its normal human nature to be nice and respond to door knocking or a doorbell ringing but in this day and age dont do it unless you are sure you know the person and expect the person on the outside.

I have a Ring doorbell, 2 exterior Nest cameras and a new Wyze indoor camera. We are risk averse, proactive people. Our camera footage is uploaded to the cloud....and we have 2 large dogs, who love to bark.

And rarely do we have to sign for anything. But the drivers wear neon safety vests and they drop packages at garage door, covered by Nest camera, and front door, covered by Ring doorbell.

Just wondering if VF was used to answering the door.

Even as close to the street as the S house was, it appears they didn’t use the security they had in place. It is so sad.

JMO

Im similar to you in use of security cameras. I have 7 security cameras. LOL

Motion activated and I can use my smartphone App to see who is at the door. Video immediately uploaded to the cloud. They are inexpensive these days and easy to install. If I can install them then anyone can. :)

Do they know for sure that the sword was used to kill Philip? I thought that Philip's DNA was only found on the strap of the handle of the sword. I don't think we know for sure that DW brought the zip ties to the house, only that they were found in the debris pile. There are several unknowns about this case that haven't been filled in yet and may not ever be known. Hopefully the jury is convinced with the evidence they do have.

The medical examiner testified that Philip’s stabbing injuries were consistent with the sword. I don’t think she said that the sword was used to stab the other victims, but I could be mistaken.

This is interesting. Steel on a blade I would assume would get much hotter much faster than the leather straps or leather material on the handle. I could see where maybe the blade got so hot it may have burned off any DNA that could be tested where some DNA may have remained within leather strap material or soaked into the leather.

I would expect there to be staining though on the blade if blood was on that blade. Even if burnt up I would think some staining on the blade would be noticeable to the eye. Not sure if testimony covered if LE saw any staining on the blade.
It's possible that the sword was found in another area of the home. I understand that PS room was engulfed in the fire, but the other rooms including where other victims located only sustained smoke damage. A sharp instrument was definitely used on Phil as his had a deep laceration across his waist.

The medical examiner testified that Philip’s stabbing injuries were consistent with the sword. I don’t think she said that the sword was used to stab the other victims, but I could be mistaken.

Thanks.

I suppose DW may have wiped off the blade too which could explain why no DNA found on the blade. Either that or the steel blade got so hot it burned up the DNA on the blade part.

Glad LE found DNA in the leather strap part.

Link to "medical examiner testified that Philip’s stabbing injuries were consistent with the sword"?
This was reported, which doesn't indicate 'sword':
Melanie Alnwick on Twitter

Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie
Medical examiner can not pinpoint time of death for #MansionMurder victims. Philip Savopoulos had 3 stab wounds, one 7” deep that nearly bisected his abdomen. @fox5dc
8:12 AM - 10 Oct 2018

Link to "medical examiner testified that Philip’s stabbing injuries were consistent with the sword"?
This was reported, which doesn't indicate 'sword':
Melanie Alnwick on Twitter

Melanie Alnwick‏Verified account @fox5melanie
Medical examiner can not pinpoint time of death for #MansionMurder victims. Philip Savopoulos had 3 stab wounds, one 7” deep that nearly bisected his abdomen. @fox5dc
8:12 AM - 10 Oct 2018

I thought the ME said sword was "possible." I don't think there was definitive confirmation. I believe I heard this on the podcast, but not 100% certain where I heard it.

Re BBM

Very good advice.

These days criminals are known to rob people even when they are home. Many years ago I seem to recall it was very rare that criminals and thieves would break into a home when someone was present. Nowadays they are so bold it doesnt seem to matter much to them anymore.

We have had many examples in our local news of people breaking into homes at night while people were home sleeping.

Its great advice to just not answer the door if you dont know who it is. Even if they know you are inside you dont have to answer and they usually will eventually go away. Call 911 if at any point you think they are trying to enter without your permission and you dont know them.

Its normal human nature to be nice and respond to door knocking or a doorbell ringing but in this day and age dont do it unless you are sure you know the person and expect the person on the outside.

also these days people who break in your home will kill you--- in the old days they just
wanted your stuff and they would break in to get it and leave: these days that is just not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1