GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
e5a156bb-ec66-46ff-8327-3508d1661fe4-large16x9_DaronWinttrialunderwayasdefenseargueshisbrotherscommittedDCmansionmurders.PNG

In Daron Wint trial, defense argues his brother committed DC mansion murders. (William Hennessy)

Defense tries to convince jury Daron Wint's brother committed DC Mansion Murders

The defense aims to convince the jury Darrell Wint is the killer and defendant Daron Wint is an unwitting accomplice. The friends testified they couldn't remember whether they saw Darrell Wint on the days the Savopoulos family and their housekeeper were taken hostage, tortured, and eventually murdered.

A detective also testified he found no evidence Darrell Wint worked on May 13 and 14, 2015, the days of the crimes.

Darrell Wint also was with his brother when police closed in and arrested Daron Wint.

Darrell Wint has been described as a former drug dealer, day laborer, and a ladies man. He reportedly has six children with various women.
Defense tries to convince jury Daron Wint's brother committed DC Mansion Murders

So many things bother me about this crime, but most of all is the brutal way DW killed the victims. This is just speculation, but after seeing how calculating DW is, I wonder if he inflicted so many injuries to make it look like it was done by more than one assailant, or it was something more than a home invasion gone wrong. I think he would have gone to any lengths to cast the blame on someone and throw the police off of his own trail.

Do you think Darrell will testify? It’s not sounding like it but there’s been so much talk about him, won’t it look bad to the jury if he doesn’t testify at this point?
@patriciah Thanks so much for your trial recap. Per your notes, I still don't believe Darrell will testify in rebuttal. Friends of Darrell painted him as a ladies man, not a killer - and no motive. Doesn't mean that he knows more then telling, or helped himself to $$....MOO

Last edited:
Reactions: IDK
NEW. In arguments to judge Tues, prosecutors in #quadruplemurder trial are backing away from initial stance that #DaronWint was sole perpetrator. Both sides discussing jury instructions. Asking judge to add aiding and abetting instruction #MansionMurders

Keith L. Alexander (@keithlalexander) | Twitter
Thoughts?!?!?!
Wow! Very interesting... again, sounds like Prosecutor covering their bases, (and not calling Darrell to the stand). I believe "joint venture" crime carries the same penalty.

Reactions: IDK
I am so confused about Darrell, can anyone give me ideals on why they wouldn't call him to the stand, If he helped the police/prosecutors wouldn't they want him to tell his story

I am so confused about Darrell, can anyone give me ideals on why they wouldn't call him to the stand, If he helped the police/prosecutors wouldn't they want him to tell his story
The problem is bigger than Darrell Wint? (I just googled home invasion robbery/murder Guyana. It seems to be a regular occurrence in their news. In the U.S. cities of Detroit, Cleveland, St. Louis, Memphis, Oakland it is a common occurrence too.)

This is only my opinion and total speculation.

I think it's because he would be an unreliable witness and they don't want to put him on the stand because they don't know what he will say. From what I've read, the prosecution doesn't need him for this case, they seem to have enough to convict without him. I don't think the defense wants to put him on there because they are trying to pin it on him and he might be able to rebut their claims.

I also am of the opinion that he knew a lot more about what was happening than he has let on.

Also if prosecution is getting or hoping for ongoing help on other matters from DrrW - eg info on activities of gang associates - they might not want to jeopardize it by putting him on the stand as their guy in a public trial.

I think it's because he would be an unreliable witness and they don't want to put him on the stand because they don't know what he will say. From what I've read, the prosecution doesn't need him for this case, they seem to have enough to convict without him. I don't think the defense wants to put him on there because they are trying to pin it on him and he might be able to rebut their claims.

I also am of the opinion that he knew a lot more about what was happening than he has let on.

Thanks so much, makes sense to me but now there putting this out there, so much confusion

NEW: Jury in #MansionMurders trial will be instructed on aiding and abetting. Defense argued against it saying the prosecution has argued this entire case that Wint is the only perpetrator. Aiding and abetting means Wint helped someone else carry out crime. tweet Megan Fitzgerald

I agree with this and from observing the prosecutors and overhearing their side conversations on breaks, I get the sense that they’re more than confident in their case. My concern is that a juror or two might get caught up on Darrell not testifying and read something into it. I guess we shall see.

I agree with this and from observing the prosecutors and overhearing their side conversations on breaks, I get the sense that they’re more than confident in their case. My concern is that a juror or two might get caught up on Darrell not testifying and read something into it. I guess we shall see.
From what I have seen in courtrooms, lawyers will "play" in front of other lawyers for an effect(fake right, move left). IMO

"Unreliable witness" -- that's the word I've been looking for! I also share your juror concern and think the Prosecution just covered it with the latest juror instructions....

The problem is bigger than Darrell Wint? (I just googled home invasion robbery/murder Guyana. It seems to be a regular occurrence in their news. In the U.S. cities of Detroit, Cleveland, St. Louis, Memphis, Oakland it is a common occurrence too.)
I've not been to Guyana but when in South Africa, was surprised how brutal, home invasions were expected by the locals, and part of the norm. DW still has strong ties to Guyana. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1