GUILTY DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Who is Washington murder suspect Darron Dellon Dennis Wint ?
By Greg Botelho, CNN
Updated 8:55 PM ET, Fri May 22, 2015

(CNN)He's a once-aspiring Marine with a history of run-ins with the law. A one-time community college student convicted three times in New York, including for second-degree assault. A former American Iron Works worker now charged with murder in the death of the man who led that company -- Savvas Savopoulos -- and his family.
Meet Darron Dellon Dennis Wint.
Daron Wint, Suspect in Woodley Park Quadruple Slaying, in Custody
By NBC Washington and News4
Updated at 1:46 PM EDT on Friday, May 22, 2015

The man suspected of brutally killing a family of three and their housekeeper in a northwest Washington, D.C., mansion last week was arrested late Thursday night in a traffic stop across town, capping a manhunt that had expanded to New York.
Daron Dylon Wint, 34, who had once worked for the company run by one of the victims, is scheduled to make his first court appearance Friday afternoon.

Charging Document
DC Mansion Warrant
Return After Search of Ford
Return After Search of White Chevy
Return After Search of BMW
DW Preliminary Hearing Transcript

Other Documents
Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23

Last edited by a moderator:
Before the last thread closed, someone asked if people who watched the case thought DW was guilty and if the prosecution did a good job.
I'll sum up my thoughts.

DW is absolutely guilty. My opinion is that there was another person in the house with him at some point, no idea who it was.

I was never in the courtroom but from what I have read, prosecution did a good job. My only question was putting brother Darrell on the stand. In my opinion he did very little to help in the case and had I been the prosecutor, I wouldn't have taken the chance of putting him up there and creating some doubt in a jurors mind. Having said that, it seems like it went OK and there were a couple of items that may have helped the prosecution that were referred to in the closing argument.

Prosecution absolutely destroyed the defense on closing arguments and did an outstanding job.

I really hope for a guilty verdict. Nothing will erase the horror of what DW did, but I hope that verdict brings some peace to the families of the victims.

It only takes one strong willed juror to prevent a guilty verdict so I am by no means counting on it. Anything can happen in the jury room.

I believe a guilty verdict will be returned.

It may take a few days since it was many weeks of trial and over 70 witnesses involved.

I still do not see any evidence supporting Wint had help.

I find him no different than many other defendants who have murdered multiple victims by themselves....even more than four victims.

Imo he didn't need help doing any of the 4 murders nor did he want help.

I agree with the investigators and prosecutor who have carefully investigated this case for three years before it went to trial.

Imo

Keith Alexander -Washington Post
Twitter

Jury in quadruple murder trial submits question to attorneys and judge. Still deliberating. #MansionMurders
12:14 PM · Oct 24, 2018
Do we know what the questions are? Also, do we know who the alternate jurors are that were dismissed? I hope they talk about it in the podcast on Friday. I'm curious to know which ones were alternates, because there were a few people who clearly didn't believe DW's testimony - lots of smirking/eye rolling. I hope none of those people were alternates.

I am a little worried about tthis verdict. I think the state cleared a lot up in rebuttal. But when the defense says things like ' If you have any doubts or hesitations about anything, then you must find him Not Guilty' ---that is worrisome. JMO

There isn't a link at the last thread to direct people here to this new thread. I'm alerting a mod on this post - can you please put a link on the Savvas thread #23 that closed today? Thank you! I don't want to lose anyone.

I am a little worried about tthis verdict. I think the state cleared a lot up in rebuttal. But when the defense says things like ' If you have any doubts or hesitations about anything, then you must find him Not Guilty' ---that is worrisome. JMO
I'm hopeful and worried at the same time....basically the same feeling I had at the beginning of the trial.

There is a long list of charges so I'm not particularly worried yet that it wasn't a speedy verdict. The jury has a lot to go through and keep organized.

So, we wait.

jmo

Yeah when I read the jury instructions were 44 pages, I figured the verdict wouldn’t come right away.

I used to think DW probably had company in the house but I don’t really anymore. It doesn’t seem like his brothers were there. And since he seems incapable of maintaining even the most basic relationships, who else would’ve gone with him? And why wouldn’t he have tried to pin the blame on that person, most likely as a first resort before trying to frame his own brothers. JMO

Yeah when I read the jury instructions were 44 pages, I figured the verdict wouldn’t come right away.

I used to think DW probably had company in the house but I don’t really anymore. It doesn’t seem like his brothers were there. And since he seems incapable of maintaining even the most basic relationships, who else would’ve gone with him? And why wouldn’t he have tried to pin the blame on that person, most likely as a first resort before trying to frame his own brothers. JMO
I agree that brothers were not present with DW at murder scene. What happened after DW was flush might be different... Money can buy friends! Swift justice, please...

I was unaware of this but its alleged on FB news site that closing arguments included and/or explained that AS last phone call was at 9:12AM and not later as alleged in court because electronic timestamp by forensic experts use UTC (Coordinated Universal Time), and not local time in their reports. MOO

DC Mansion Murders FB page (Fox5DC) also has info on the "Maple Ave Crew" allegedly known to DrrlW.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolofeist
Back