DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the doc again. It says W2 received a text/photo from W1. It mentions that the other employee that provided the package to W1 was interviewed and goes on to describe how the money looked when given to W1. They are saying that the photo W1 sent to W2 doesn't match the way the money looked when the employee gave it to W1.

Ahhhhh thank you for putting that together with me. I just sat there reading the docs over and over trying to piece it together.... that makes sense. And that's how they caught W1 in the lie about the money details.

FYI, I couldn't find the link to the interview tapper had with lanier- but I think the "two people/money dropoff" thing was possibly not specifically stated in the interview, but stated in the court documents that more than one person was involved- in the handling of the $$- sorry to confuse anyone!!

Also, here's a link to the news story where it talks about more than one person being involved (also on court docs- saying "wint and others" on the first page)
http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/loc...urder-daron-wint-charging-documents/27788809/

Court docs link: http://www.scribd.com/doc/266278174/Daron-Dylon-Wint-Charging-Documents

Hope that helps! :)

No way W2 is NG. W2 is the one who got money( presumably from the bank) and gave that money to W1 (assistant).

Why would the driver text the person that gave him the money rather than someone who was at the house? The driver reported to SS and it was SS that directed him to do this in the first place rather than the exec or the accountant, so texting them wouldn't accomplish anything as the driver is responsible to SS for delivering the money to home per his orders, not to the exec or the accountant.

Why would SS trust this idiot with $40K? Assuming he is not involved, he is not someone I would call when my family's lives depended on getting something done.

Did DDW still have dreads when he was arrested? The affidavit says that a black male with short well-groomed hair was seen driving a blue Porsche erratically around 1:30 pm on May 14.

This is what I was pointing out.
I believe the "Assistant/driver" is Mr. Wint's relative.

Also Im confused about Stephen Wint. Has anyone verified if this is just an alias or if Wint really does have a brother named Stephen Wint??
Another thought I had is if they are brothers could they be twins and share the same DNA??? Sorry my mind works all angles at the same time sometimes.

You can read all the docs in this article here. Just scroll through at the top. - http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29135187/daron-wint-court

There's some new info in there - ie: AS was the one who ordered the pizza (while being held captive); numerous neon lime green vests were found in the garage, etc.

There was pretty much DEFINITELY more than one killer here.

jmo

I'm beginning to think those vests were either worn by a phony lawn care crew or they were worn as the group pretended to be working near the home.

There's no Steffan Wint as a Facebook friend. If you look at his list of "family" there is one male. Different name.

Please read the doc again. It says W2 received a text/photo from W1. It mentions that the other employee that provided the package to W1 was interviewed and goes on to describe how the money looked when given to W1. They are saying that the photo W1 sent to W2 doesn't match the way the money looked when the employee gave it to W1.
OMG! I think you are right!

W1 is the driver/assistant, he sent a photo of some money to W2.
w2 received a photo of some money sent by W1.
And, the "other employee" is the one who got the money from the bank.

Yes???

Man, it would be so much easier if they would just say what they mean instead of trying to disguise gender. Thankfully, no one seems to be transgender, otherwise IT might be construed as a slur of some kind.

They made it up and forced him to lick a piece of stale pizza crust.

Tension breaking humor.
If we did not have a few posts like this here and there, I think we'd all go nuts.
Or nuttier than we already are.
xxxooo

Darron Dylon Wint, 34, is the only person charged in the murders so far, though the documents say Wint "and others" held the family hostage until $40,000 in cash was delivered Thursday.
Court documents also indicate more than person knew of the delivery of the $40,000 in cash to the Savopoulos family's home in the hours before the victims died.
In fact, one of those witnesses changed his story about that critical detail of the case while police were interviewing him, changing facts on when and how the request to deliver money was made and what happened during the delivery.
The person the documents call "W-1" said that an assistant to Savvas Savopoulos was told Wednesday evening to meet another employee Thursday morning to pick up a package. The employee took four bundles out of his or her pockets and put the cash in a red bag belonging to the witness.
The witness drove the assistant to the Savopoulos home, and called Savopoulos 10 minutes before arriving at the Savopoulos home. According to the witness, Savopoulos instructed W-1 to leave the money in a red car inside the garage.
The assistant put the money inside a manila envelope and left it on the driver's seat. Police did not find the envelope in the car during their search of the home.
Police said at Wint's court hearing Friday that they are still looking for a red car missing from the mansion's garage. It was not immediately clear whether this was the same vehicle."

This is from the link above. I am starting to think that this is more complicated than it has appeared.

BBM:

So it sounds like there were TWO red cars? And one of them is missing?

Since Wint was a former employee of American Iron Works, it would surprise me if other employees (current or former) are involved in the kidnapping/ransom attempt also.

The money suggests why Wint, a 34-year-old welder who once worked for Savopoulos' American Iron Works company, might have wanted to hold the family captive and then kill them. He was held pending an appearance in D.C. Superior Court Friday afternoon.

http://news.yahoo.com/suspect-killings-wealthy-dc-family-arrested-091519265.html

There is really something about knowing that people were absolutely terrified (unimaginable terror) in the moments before their deaths, especially a child, that makes me feel extremely panicked and like I may throw up or cry at the same time.

I can't even wrap my mind around it. I can't even imagine how it would feel as a mother to see a child of mine being hurt and be completely helpless to stop it. The thought of any child suffering like that- regardless of whose child.

I feel this rage towards their murderer(s) boiling in my stomach. I have never thrown a punch in my life but if I could rewind time to when they were being tortured I can see myself inflicting an act of violence so savage on these horrible pathetic pieces of sh-t that people would think I was the psychopath. Ugh, mama bear instinct in full force right now.

:(

You said EXACTLY what I have been thinking and also , I'm sure you have the same thoughts for the father , the provider and protector of his home and family (which would include Vera ) , doing all he can and in the end knowing that all was lost. My only solace is thinking they are all perfectly fine now, with God, and away from all evil. May their family find comfort. My heart goes out to them.

I am so with you right now. I feel this sickening anger in my stomach and almost an unconsciousable level of betrayal that these monsters subjected this family too.
I truly believe the family and Mrs V are all with our Lord and safe and at peace and now these monsters are about to feel the Lord's wrath and vengeance and there is no rest for wicked!!!

BBM:

Sounds to me like more bad reporting. If there were a red car missing, I think police would have been looking for it, showing its photo, etc.

OR>...... maybe not! Good heavens. I'm going to stop and wait to hear from LE. If Lanier said two people dropped the money, then one had to be W-1 and the other was IT. Back to my original interpretation.:gaah:

My head is spinning with all the conflicting info. Time to sit back, take a breath, and wait. As always, hate when that happens

I think we have been told a lot of stories from various individuals through the media. We are finding some of them to be inaccurate. We don't know what's important or not important in these discrepancies.

But I'm sure the police do.

And Chief Lanier cautioned during the press conference that "there is a lot of misinformation out there."

BBM:

To me it sounds like there are 3 red cars (though I am doubting the report that one is missing.) There were 2 cars in the driveway (blocking the garage) in the photos of the area taped off by LE (one was the Range Rover and one was the red convertible Audi.) The red car that the money was placed in was found in the garage because it was mentioned in the Affidavit that it was searched. If there is another red car missing that would be a 3rd red car and someone would have had to have moved the cars around to leave the two cars blocking the garage when LE showed up.

Sounds to me like more bad reporting.

This is often the case with media reports. And then people will turn themselves into pretzels trying to connect it together when the media reports are more like the end result of 10 people playing "telephone," the game where person #1 whispers something into person #2's ear and the last person in the line has to say what they were told. :rolleyes:

The basic facts are what we know are valid:

4 people were murdered inside a house that was then set on fire

1 person previously employed at company owned/run by husband was for sure arrested and charged and traveling with other people who were taken in at the same time.

Police believe others are involved in the crime

The exchange of the cash probably involved more than 1 person. Those persons may or may not somehow be involved, but that isn't being said right now.

Pizza was delivered to the house. Main suspects DNA was found on discarded pizza crust.

everything else... speculation (aka rumor).

I highly doubt it. It was someone with the authority to sign a withdrawal at the bank.

I re-read the affidavit. Apparently, W2 is not the "other employee" with the authority, but some unknown person who got the photo.
So, W1 is presumably the assistant who went into the bank with "other employee." "Other employee" withdrew the money and gave the money to W1 to deliver. W1 send a photo of the money to W2 (some unknown person).
No reason was given in the affidavit why W1 send photo to W2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en