DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping Wint would rat out whoever was in on this with him, but he has nothing to gain. He has been caught red handed and nobody is going to go easy on him. They can't take the death penalty off the table since there is none there. LE has nothing to bargain with.

my goodness , I think media is, once again, going just nutsola! Erin just used the term serial killer. Lord, this is simple. Its classic. Money = murder- nothing more, nothing less IMO. Happens daily - where are they coming up with all this silliness - if 40K were NOT involved it would be far more of a mystery.

BUt again, its the stupid baby facts media these days mess up - and it stuns me. Daily Mail reports cash paid for pizza and left out - charging document clearly indicates CC via phone. And its simple stuff like that, that makes it when they go all over the place more problematic.

Fox: left two pizza boxes at the front door of the home where an envelope with cash was left outside. How do they get it so wrong?

AS far as the quantity of pizza ordered , I thought that was odd - was he plannning on feeding them- eating one slice is peculair, something happened in that time frame, change in plan.

Convicted 3 times per Cnn (but who knows huh) .Here is what a local outlet is reporting:

30 Intereactions with LE

One incident occurred acrooss the street from the Iron place- intially stuff to do with machette - then it was pled down.
Convicted of assualt , threats, making false statements in once incident
Two assualt reports by his gfriend (domestic violence calls) They were firghitng over radio volume in car and he choked her.
Couple weeks later he pushed her over a couch and started cutting on himself

2010 pled gulty to malicious destruction of property - broke into womans house and threatened to kill her her daughter and a friend
Prior to 05 no history ( breaking into her apartment, stealing a television and vandalizing her car.) "I'm going to come over there and kill you, your daughter and friends," Wint told that woman, according to the records. "The defendant advised he was good with a knife and could kill them easily and was not afraid of the police," a detective wrote.

Also in 2010, Wint was arrested carrying a 2-foot-long machete and a BB pistol outside the American Iron Works headquarters, but weapons charges were dropped after he pleaded guilty to possessing an open container of alcohol.
Wint's criminal history also extends to New York State, where he has three assault convictions that date back to 2007 in Oswego, N.Y. Wint also has an outstanding arrest warrant for criminal contempt for violating an order of protection in a case that involved a former girlfriend dating back to 2008 in Oswego.

Wint served jail time in New York for each of the convictions.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29123200/daron-wint

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/local/2015/05/22/daron-wint-dc-quadruple-murder-suspect/27774899/

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29123200/daron-wint

It makes sense to me. If SS got home around 6 pm on Wednesday (and was taken hostage) the bank would be closed already. So they had to wait until Thursday morning.
But he would want money first thing in the morning, for ransom, so would start making arrangements on Wednesday. But then continued on Thursday.

Right, and that's what W1 (assistant/driver) misstated or lied about. He first said he received a phone call on Thursday, but later said he received a text on Wednesday. So....what was W1 (assistant/driver) doing Wednesday night? And what did the Wednesday text say??

They can't do anything with him other than question him until they find actual evidence that he participated in the crime. No matter what they do or do not suspect, they must have evidence before they can charge him.

No, they had to have probable cause for an arrest. And they certainly have more than that. DNA on pizza crust in home, which (ta-da) is evidence of possible involvement.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/22/u...t-is-suspect-in-savopoulos-killings.html?_r=0
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/29123200/daron-wint

This is so sad and it's extremely troublesome that Mr. Wint had extensive and violent criminal history (2005, 2010 etc) including assault/domestic violence, and imo he should have been in prison instead out where he was allegedly able to murder this family. Why are violent offenders not getting tougher sentences, WHY was Mr. Wint out of prison? I can't believe that he didn't serve more time for some of previous violent offenses? Prison obviously didn't rehabilitate him, but he seems to have become more emboldened to commit such a horrid and despicable crime. May the victims rest in peace and may their families find comfort. Jmo/

And I hope LE/FBI catch every single person who conspired or aided/abetted with alleged perp/

Why weren't the other people who were with Wint last night in the two cars arrested?? Weren't they aiding and abetting a criminal on the loose? Anyone have insights on why they were released without charges?

my belief is that there was no arrangement before hand for the $40,000. That was the story SS had to tell his employee so they would get cash for him. Surely someone would ask,why do you want that much cash and he had to lie.

Reading the charging docs again. There is something very off about the assistant.

Why would you trust an employee of a few months with $40K in cash? Why would the employee entrusted to make the withdrawal be so trusting in handing bundles of cash over to this assistant?

To withdraw cash you need to be an authorized signer or SS would have had to jump through hoops on the phone to identify and approve the transaction all before a bank would typically open - the assistant photographed the cash and texted it by 9AM to W2.

The charging documents clearly show he received the text about the package on Wednesday- the time would be critical to know - 11AM, 2PM, 9PM - i.e. before or after Wint and crew arrived?

When did the employee actually withdraw the cash - Wednesday or Thursday? Who is W2? Why did the four white banded bundles of cash photograph as two bundles with only one white band?

Why lie about locking the cash into the car? How do the police know it was never locked - missing keys? No keys? Location of keys inside house i.e. out of reach. They are clear that they found NO evidence that the cash was ever in the car in the garage.

They checked his phone and there were several calls and text back and forth to the assistant. He was not the bank, the accountant, or the employee authorized to withdraw money. Why several calls/texts?

He was a former go-kart employee who was let-go and only worked for SS for a couple months. Not a finance guy.

You guys do know that google street view is not a constantly updated service, right? These photos could have been taken any time in the last several years. I looked something up the other day, and the street view photo was taken in 2012.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/22/u...t-is-suspect-in-savopoulos-killings.html?_r=0
http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/29123200/daron-wint

This is so sad and it's extremely troublesome that Mr. Wint had extensive and violent criminal history (2005, 2010 etc) including assault/domestic violence, and imo he should have been in prison instead out where he was allegedly able to murder this family. Why are violent offenders not getting tougher sentences, WHY was Mr. Wint out of prison? I can't believe that he didn't serve more time for some of previous violent offenses? Prison obviously didn't rehabilitate him, but he seems to have become more emboldened to commit such a horrid and despicable crime. May the victims rest in peace and may their families find comfort. Jmo/

Others have mentioned the rage that comes with steroid use and steroid withdrawal. I don't know if that explains everything, but it seems reasonable. His arms were beyond big and he obviously has violent rage.

I don't know. I feel like I need to create a spread sheet with all of NG's stories. She gives completely opposite statements about things, sometimes within a few minutes of each other. She can be seen on some broadcasts from behind, not wanting to give her name, but wearing the same outfit, giving her name full frontal in others. Also, she somehow found time to have her extremely long and impractical nails re-done (different color) between the first interview I saw and later ones. Nevermind that no one can clean houses, type or even dial a phone with those things, if your friend and 20-year clients were brutally murdered, would you make or keep your manicure appointment?

And I bet she chatted up a blue streak while her nails were being done!

From WUSA: Nice cops fired today in MD as a result of a mentally ill guy dying while in custudy.

HOLY *****! Is that possible? How many stupid people can be connected to this. I really hope we're reading this wrong.

Seriously this is what I keep thinking! I cant believe how stupid these people all truly are and that they really thought they could get away with this. To say they made mistakes is an understatement, they are just flippin dumb!

I hold only the killer or killers responsible. The household staff, if they were not involved in any part of this or any other crime, are innocent and gossiping is what most people do, even when they shouldn't.

Thankfully most killers are pretty stupid when all is said and done. Even the smart ones think they can get away with murders but there's always something that trips them up. This evil clown was dumb as a box 'o rocks.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/266278174/Daron-Dylon-Wint-Charging-Documents First Page of Charging Documents - Stating concern for safety of two witnesses

View attachment 75108
They only mention being concerned for 2 of the witnesses. Why is that?
The only person Witness 2 would have to fear would be Witness 1,who appears to be the driver/asst. and if he is did nothing wrong ,whats to fear? Witness 3,might have to be concerned because they might be able to identify who was driving the car.

FYI: I registered and tried to activate my account, but it took several days and an email via the contact link below to get it working. Apparently there is a delay in getting everyone set up as they try to sign up. But they're very nice about trying to help you - just might want to use that contact link to speed things up after registering.

One positive in this heartbreaking story is that the girls were away at the boarding schools. If they had gone to local schools this horrific story would have been even more brutal and tragic IMOO. I hope the parents took some small comfort in knowing the daughters were spared.

And I bet she chatted up a blue streak while her nails were being done!

Good point
Nevermind that no one can clean houses, type or even dial a phone with those things, if your friend and 20-year clients were brutally murdered, would you make or keep your manicure appointment?

I guess we could say it had been some time since they were done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay