DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
....But in this home a weekly cleaner who knew the regular M-F housekeeper well enough to be asked to call her family and a driver also seems to have had access to the run of the house as well as a new business startup.
bbm

Short question:
If NG was M-F, or 4 days/wk, how did she have time to run her 'cleaning service?'

Not sure I have a sense of how often VF & NG of them worked at S fam home.
Seems likely or at least poss, imo, a fam like this might have - like Just K says ^ -
- one/day/wk house cleaner (heavy duty tasks) plus
- M-F asst's tasks w/cover combo of cooking, post-meal clean up, nannying,
errands, school pick up & drop offs, light cleaning, misc, etc.

It might be legal, but I don't know what the forum rule is. Also, I don't want to post something about someone who could end up being innocent, just because I have a vivid imagination...:blushing:

3 pm was according to NG who has not been a particularly consistent/accurate source of information.

Yeah, but it's not the money that matters - it's that it was supposed to buy his family's freedom.

I can practically guarantee they were not made the same day.

Pics I have seen of him sometimes show his dreads. But it looks like he sometimes wore his hair tied up it looks like. In a speeding car if his hair was tied back it might look like his hair was short.

Or could "it" have worn the hooded part of the hoodie up covering his whole head?

He was trying to pay up a ransom. Really he didn't have much choice at that moment.

The employee who went to the bank and got the cash from the branch manager refused to drop it off at SS's house? The driver wasn't the one who got the money from the bank branch manager.

The charging documents say that this crime began shortly after 6pm on Wed.
Do we know for sure what time SS got home that evening?

I am wondering if the perps were already in the house when Amy called her husband and asked him to come home because she was going out. If not and the perps entered the residence at about 6pm, how did they get in? Could they have carjacked SS or approached him as he was entering his house?

The employee who went to the bank and got the cash from the branch manager refused to drop it off at SS's house? The driver wasn't the one who got the money from the bank branch manager.

Wonder why that employee refused to drop money off at the SS house? More strangeness to this crime.

I am not sure about D.C. law. But generally "aiding and abetting" refers to: occurring before, during and/or after commission of a crime but it depends on the aider(s) intent to aid perp, knowledge of perp's crime, perp's commission of crime and aider assisted perp etc.

"Harboring a fugitive" is when someone hides a person after commission of a crime from LE/authorities. IDK about the individuals in the car, but it may be they were cooperating with LE/FBI and did not know about Wint? Idk though.

I can't get past that the others were not charged with harboring a fugitive or something along those lines, the family, at least the father knew heck the whole neighborhood knew they were looking for him. They had to know they were looking for him.

The charging documents say that this crime began shortly after 6pm on Wed.
Do we know for sure what time SS got home that evening?

I am wondering if the perps were already in the house when Amy called her husband and asked him to come home because she was going out. If not and the perps entered the residence at about 6pm, how did they get in? Could they have carjacked SS or approached him as he was entering his house?

I think that AS had already let the killer(s) into the house. They were demanding large amounts of money that she couldn't access, or they were demanding that she get her husband home, so she called him and gave him the made-up story about having to go out, probably with her captors listening. She may have hoped that he would know something was wrong by the story, since he likely knew she did not have any plans. I think it was much like the calls they made throughout the ordeal with various excuses for why people shouldn't come by the house -- made under duress with a captor coaching them as to what to say.

Wonder why that employee refused to drop money off at the SS house? More strangeness to this crime.

Who says employee refused to drop off money? Doesn't appear SS ever asked him.

I think that AS had already let the killer(s) into the house. They were demanding large amounts of money that she couldn't access, or they were demanding that she get her husband home, so she called him and gave him the made-up story about having to go out, probably with her captors listening. She may have hoped that he would know something was wrong by the story, since he likely knew she did not have any plans. I think it was much like the calls they made throughout the ordeal with various excuses for why people shouldn't come by the house -- made under duress with a captor coaching them as to what to say.

That's what I think too. I think killer made AS to call SS to get SS home.

So the chatty housekeeper has zilch to do with the operation? No way you'd talk to the media thar much if you were involved.

I wish all LE worked with this swiftness.

This was briefly discussed a thread or so ago, but how/was the DNA processed so quickly? Killer on the run? Wealthy family? PD lab not backed up like other major American cities? Why?[/QUOTE]

Interesting question and one that I would like to know the answer to, too. IMO, it goes to show what we all know but many deny, the wealthy get preferential treatment!

The fact this mansion was blocks from the vice-president's mansion is just an excuse before the question is asked. The VP's house is highly guarded 24/7, I imagine

I cant say why it happened with this family but I have seen two other mass murder cases that had an extremely fast turn around on DNA results. And both of these families were poor as a church mouse. 1. The 5 Gee family members that were murdered in Illinois. 2. The 8 murdered Heinz family members from Georgia. In both of these cases the results were back in 2-3 days after the bodies were found.

I think it may have more to do with it being mass murder with an unknown suspect or suspects at the time the bodies were found

IMO.

This just seems to get more complicated with every post

Didn't the housekeeper's husband say that when he went looking for his wife, there were two cars on the street, one of them the Porsche? Wonder what the other car looked like...

In one interview he said the Porsche was on the street and there were two cars in the garage, I think he meant driveway. CNN reported there was an Audi and Land Rover in the driveway and a Mosler sports car in the garage. In pictures you can see the two in the driveway clearly and that there is a car in the garage. Where is the Bentley, if that's not it in the garage? Or maybe it was also in the street?

This just seems to get more complicated with every post
I have been following this since day one and i am so lost

I cannot believe that the bank branch manager did not alert the police, once dispensing that amount of cash. SS did not personally withdraw that cash. Being in the banking business he (she) should know something was wrong and should be followed up on. Not to mention that any transaction over $10,000 a form for the IRS has to be filled out and forwarded to them. Even if you are depositing over $10K in cash.

JMO's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member