DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe that the bank branch manager did not alert the police, once dispensing that amount of cash. SS did not personally withdraw that cash. Being in the banking business he (she) should know something was wrong and should be followed up on. Not to mention that any transaction over $10,000 a form for the IRS has to be filled out and forwarded to them. Even if you are depositing over $10K in cash.

JMO's

I agree, I was in business and banks want to know why you take out large sums of money...............and I did have to fill out forms. Also no cash, some banks do not have that much on hand like in the movies.................they issue a check. Shame on them!

I wonder if the "employee" is SS' father. That's who I would ask to round up $40,000 for me if my family was held hostage. He is obviously older, and possibly not up to a ransom drop.

Damn! I have to pick my family up from the airport. I'll never catch up now!

I think that AS had already let the killer(s) into the house. They were demanding large amounts of money that she couldn't access, or they were demanding that she get her husband home, so she called him and gave him the made-up story about having to go out, probably with her captors listening. She may have hoped that he would know something was wrong by the story, since he likely knew she did not have any plans. I think it was much like the calls they made throughout the ordeal with various excuses for why people shouldn't come by the house -- made under duress with a captor coaching them as to what to say.
This is what I thought as well. But then I read on the charging documents that it said the crime began shortly after 6 PM. That made me question my original belief that the perps were in the house when Amy called her husband earlier in the day.

Damn! I have to pick my family up from the airport. I'll never catch up now!
:hilarious: this just hit me funny........this is how i feel every time i have to leave this thread lol........i feel like i might miss a clue in deciphering these pages released.........

This is what I thought as well. But then I read on the charging documents that it said the crime began shortly after 6 PM. That made me question my original belief that the parts were in the house when Amy called her husband earlier in the day.

Maybe she really did have to go out and Vera agreed to stay until he got home.

"Though Mr. Wint is now incarcerated and he's held without bond, our work is not done," acting District of Columbia U.S. Attorney Vincent Cohen said outside the courthouse. "We intend to unseal additional search warrants in the coming days."

From above link.

I wondered that too, that maybe Vera agreed to get dinner ready for Philip and stay until SS got home?

Or if Phillip had a concussion she might have gone to the drugstore for meds. Vera didn't drive so she would stay with Phillip.

I am really intrested to know how these evil people approached the house and got inside.

An earlier report (will not be able to find link) said that SS was supposed to be at the new business til 7 pm but left at 5
Now, that could have come from HK

I am not completely satisfied with this 6PM thing

Regarding leaving this story for RL...I am trying to catch up on the Duggar story, and stay UTD with this one. Good thing there was no Theater Shooting trial today!!

I am going to assume with the long weekend, we are going to have a break in the "breaking news" that is seemingly happening everywhere!

I need to breathe for a minute...just so much depressing, disgusting news right now!!

This is not adding up about the kidnapping/cash. Either the kidnapping of SS/AS had been going on for longer than reported or the $40K was pre-planned before the kidnapping. With the driver sending the photo at around 9 AM, that means the money was taking out of the bank as soon as the lobby opened:
http://locators.bankofamerica.com/l...d_20782_HYATTSVILLE_MD/bank_branch_locations/
Getting all that money as soon as the doors opened without any prior notice a day or more earlier just doesn't wash. Of course the branch manager probably gets in at 7:30 or 8:00, but that seems like way to short of time to take care of whatever other business in the morning, discuss it, approve it and arrange it so it's all ready to go as soon as the doors open even though the branch manager didn't know about it until arriving into work that morning.

The amount is something that boggles me, $40,000 is simply odd-- if the demand was $25K, $50K, $100K I wouldn't question it, but $40K is a number one would demand if they knew that was the amount readily available... IDK...

The $40,000 has been in the back of my mind because I remember reading early that the tuition at the school Phillip attended was $40,000. Don't think it's related, just a coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop