DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a thought I had regarding the pizza: There was a recent news story that you may be aware of in which a woman summoned help using her online pizza order and putting "help, call 911" or something like that in the special instruction line.

We have already noted that it appears hints may have been attempted in the various texts and phone calls that SS and AS made. I am wondering if somehow AS read or heard about that too and asked that they feed the child, maybe pleaded. Maybe said he would get ill or something in a last ditch effort to get another possible outside person to the home.

I know it is pretty far out to think anyone abusing a child and the family would care about feeding them, but maybe pizza sounded good to the perp as well.

That might explain only one pizza being eaten even if more than one perp was there. It was just eaten out of convenience since it was there.

I guess the reason this stupid thought popped in my head (other than sleep deprivation from staying up too late following this tragic case) is that the one uneaten pizza was a cheese pizza. To me that is something a child would typically eat, at least none of the men I know would ever order just a plain cheese pizza.

Maybe I would just be comforted by the thought that even though none of their attempts or actions ended up saving their lives that maybe by requesting a pizza they may have unwittingly provided the link that led to the capture of the monster(s).

(Obviously, I have run out of intelligent theories regarding this case if I am speculating on why on earth a cheese pizza was ordered...don't judge.)

When I heard about the pizza I also thought about the recent pizza "911 case". Was wondering if the pizza order in the SS case contained a similar "pls help-call 911" message that went unnoticed by Dominoes.

Just a thought I had regarding the pizza: There was a recent news story that you may be aware of in which a woman summoned help using her online pizza order and putting "help, call 911" or something like that in the special instruction line.

We have already noted that it appears hints may have been attempted in the various texts and phone calls that SS and AS made. I am wondering if somehow AS read or heard about that too and asked that they feed the child, maybe pleaded. Maybe said he would get ill or something in a last ditch effort to get another possible outside person to the home.

I know it is pretty far out to think anyone abusing a child and the family would care about feeding them, but maybe pizza sounded good to the perp as well.

That might explain only one pizza being eaten even if more than one perp was there. It was just eaten out of convenience since it was there.

I guess the reason this stupid thought popped in my head (other than sleep deprivation from staying up too late following this tragic case) is that the one uneaten pizza was a cheese pizza. To me that is something a child would typically eat, at least none of the men I know would ever order just a plain cheese pizza.

Maybe I would just be comforted by the thought that even though none of their attempts or actions ended up saving their lives that maybe by requesting a pizza they may have unwittingly provided the link that led to the capture of the monster(s).

(Obviously, I have run out of intelligent theories regarding this case if I am speculating on why on earth a cheese pizza was ordered...don't judge.)

That is entirely possible. :(

When I heard about the pizza I also thought about the recent pizza "911 case". Was wondering if the pizza order in the SS case contained a similar "pls help-call 911" message that went unnoticed by Dominoes.

It was ordered through a phone call, not on line.
So, no messages.

But, wouldn't SS want people to ask questions and hopefully get LE involved? Or maybe he thought if he gave them the money, they would just go away. That only works if he didn't see their faces or didn't know who they were, though.

SS was probably warned not to do or say anything that would raise suspicion... which is why I believe the $40,000 was already a known figure to be used in the opening of the martial arts studio. Wint's job was to take control of the $40,000.

JMO

We've learned that SS texted driver/assistant on Wednesday. I wish we knew when the text was sent and what it said. ??

I doubt it because the martial arts studio has been portrayed by the media as a personal venture of SS. A CFO would be alarmed if the CEO called and said get me $40,000 in cash and give it to my driver. For safety reasons, I doubt a CFO would do that without alerting police.
JMO

Stuff like this is making people here suspicious, which it's been reported it was to be used for non-AIW business:
According to a police source and Gutierrez, the employee says Savopoulos was going to use the cash at an auction for the martial arts center he planned to open the next day in Chantilly, Virginia.
http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29129466/savopoulos-assistant
If this is the case, this makes me think cash drops at the private residence were recurring rather than this being a sudden unique activity for a non-AIW purpose where the cash was able to be obtained as soon as the bank's doors opened.

SS was probably warned not to do or say anything that would raise suspicion... which is why I believe the $40,000 was already a known figure to be used in the opening of the martial arts studio. Wint's job was to take control of the $40,000.

JMO
So strange that nothing of the sort is mentioned in the police affidavit.

SS was one of the founders of the American Institute of Welding in Chantilly. One of my first theories that it was a former convict who met SS through classes at the school. I'm not proud of that ungenerous thought.

http://www.americaninstituteofwelding.com/

From the website:
AIW provides an Occupational Training Program for a certified welder.
AIW is certified as an American Welding Society Accredited Testing Facility.
It is the intent of this vocational training program to prepare individuals to obtain gainful employment within the community.

Stuff like this is making people here suspicious, which it's been reported it was to be used for non-AIW business:

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29129466/savopoulos-assistant
If this is the case, this makes me think cash drops at the private residence were recurring rather than this being a sudden unique activity for a non-AIW purpose where the cash was able to be obtained as soon as the bank's doors opened.

Has the name of the studio been made public? I'm wondering if it was a non-profit or profit business.

I still think that sounds like it was written by someone for whom English is not their first language.

It was ordered by AS by phone. Which doesn't mean that she didn't put forth the suggestion of the pizza order hoping to be able to place the order on her phone giving her the opportunity to do that.

Perps probably insisted she order by phone due to the special request of leaving it on the door with money outside, etc.

I keep going back to Chief Lanier's statement cautioning everyone that a lot of misinformation is being reported. I think some of the disagreements among posters is about that misinformation.

Taking a break from reading to say:

Oh my Lord, this case is such an exposé of the poor standard of journalism these days.

And back to attempting to understand. I can't wait to find out if anybody has ever been looking for any red cars at any stage.

I doubt it because the martial arts studio has been portrayed by the media as a personal venture of SS. A CFO would be alarmed if the CEO called and said get me $40,000 in cash and give it to my driver. For safety reasons, I doubt a CFO would do that without alerting police.

JMO
The idea that "the employee" removed four bound stacks of money from his or her pockets and handed it off to the driver. It's all seems so unorthodox. And with so many red flags nobody thought any of this warranted calling the police? It's just crazy!

I am honestly confused by this argument. There is nothing in the police affidavit to suggest SS was planning to withdraw the money or get money delivered for anything prior to being held hostage and needing money for ransom.

There's the driver lying about it saying it was discussed on Thursday until the police showed the driver he had to have known by at least that Wednesday. Also there's knowing how banks work, which I as an ex-banker (BOA no less) can speak from personal experience just how things were handled on the mortgage side with anti-money laundering training as AML gets beat into all BOA's employees heads even if you're not in the consumer or commercial bank side of things. The BOA training is actually specific on reporting unusual transactions plus withdrawing over certain amounts automatically requires government forms to be filled out by the bank. The branch manager could have turned on a dime for this unusual and federally mandated reportable request and operated counter to BOA policies and just instantly started shaking the money tree as soon as the doors opened, but if that branch manager handed over $40K in cash in only about an hour, they're probably an ex-branch manager now.

Has the name of the studio been made public? I'm wondering if it was a non-profit or profit business.

I've been wondering about that as well why we haven't heard the name of the studio or any interviews of employees that worked there.

It was ordered by AS by phone. Which doesn't mean that she didn't put forth the suggestion of the pizza order hoping to be able to place the order on her phone giving her the opportunity to do that.

Perps probably insisted she order by phone due to the special request of leaving it on the door with money outside, etc.

Yesterday I thought about a possible 911 message in the pizza order -- that was before I knew that it had been called in rather than ordered on line. Oh well, guess I shouldn't have posted my thoughts from yesterday.

For those of us in the area, this is another conundrum. There have been no ads for any big Grand Opening for this unnamed studio and written media reports gave the address only one time but that reference seems to have been edited out. Initial reports suggested that there was nothing in the studio space which led many to wonder how it was to open in two days. Also, there are several MMA and at least one Dojo studio almost within walking distance of his offices and the prospective new studio.

Maybe he didn't want any once it came?? I don't know...And I don't think you do either.

The perp may have ordered pizza (children do enjoy cheese pizza) to calm down panicking, some sort of normalcy so child, other victims didn't scream etc. I think the child, Phillip probably went into a state of shock while being held hostage and then eventually murdered. Children don't necessarily cope as well as adults with such stress. I know from witnessing drive by shooting/murder many years ago that it was extremely stressful and I went into semi-shocked state, it was surreal. So I can't imagine being this child's age and witnessing/being victim of such horror. This child probably didn't want to eat and needed to be held by his mom and dad, but was tortured and killed, his psyche during that time must have been horribly stressed. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98