DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's the driver lying about it saying it was discussed on Thursday until the police showed the driver he had to have known by at least that Wednesday. Also there's knowing how banks work, which I as an ex-banker (BOA no less) can speak from personal experience just how things were handled on the mortgage side with anti-money laundering training as AML gets beat into all BOA's employees heads even if you're not in the consumer or commercial bank side of things. The BOA training is actually specific on reporting unusual transactions plus withdrawing over certain amounts automatically requires government forms to be filled out by the bank. The branch manager could have turned on a dime for this unusual and federally mandated reportable request and operated counter to BOA policies and just instantly started shaking the money tree as soon as the doors opened, but if that branch manager handed over $40K in cash in only about an hour, they're probably an ex-branch manager now.

Driver (W1) got a text on Wednesday which he didn't tell police about during the first interview. Presumably it was after 6 pm (although affidavit doesn't say that). Bank would already be closed.

I think the $40,000 was for ransom.
DDW ordered 2 pizzas simply because he could and he wasn't paying.
DDW held a grudge because SS was rich and he wasn't.
DDW has no soul, no heart, no compassion and is a classic narcissist.

Just my 2 cents. That is what I think.

It was ordered by AS by phone. Which doesn't mean that she didn't put forth the suggestion of the pizza order hoping to be able to place the order on her phone giving her the opportunity to do that.

Perps probably insisted she order by phone due to the special request of leaving it on the door with money outside, etc.
Initial reports said the order was made online, paying with a credit card, and then soon thereafter they called the pizza place with the special instruction to leave it outside. It was also mentioned that the phone call was to let them know the tip would be on the porch.

Sounds to me like more bad reporting. If there were a red car missing, I think police would have been looking for it, showing its photo, etc.
jjenny
Agreeing w you on this - LE w/h/asked for public to help in finding 'missing' red car.

Curious--
if LE examined red car inside garage, who moved it to driveway (if 1 & 2=same)?
And why? Maybe not relevant, IDK.

1. Charging doc's stated LEO examined interior of red car in garage, re $ evd.
2. ~ Mon or Tues, MSM had pix of back of house & driveway, w LEO vehicles sitting in street (presumably after fire & deaths discovered) and showed two cars in driveway.
Car on left was ~white;other car in driveway was red (BMW, Audi, or ?),
so seems there was a red car still at S home Thurs. or after. Sorry, no links.

I keep going back to Chief Lanier's statement cautioning everyone that a lot of misinformation is being reported. I think some of the disagreements among posters is about that misinformation.

I'd also like to encourage everyone to read the Charging Documents. Google Wint Charging Documents and you'll find them. That's the latest source, and one that is confusing the reporters, so read it carefully (it doesn't take long).

Notes to help:
The term IT is used instead of he/she. There are three witness W1, W2, W3. Each witness is referred to as IT in their section.

W1 is the driver/assistant
W2 is someone W1 sent a picture of the money to
W3 is a witness who saw the Porsche being driven

And just a reminder....we don't know all the answers yet. Sometimes people make guesses that turn out wrong. It's okay. We're heading toward the truth and will get there.

His father is remarried, but their daughter was 8 at the time the restraining order was issued against DW. She is in high school now.

She's to graduate this month. She has an essay online, mentions having 3 brothers, a half brother on her mother's side, and a half sister on her father's side. No mention of half brothers through her father, so DDW must not have been around much.

The suspect immigrated to US when he was 20.

As mentioned several times in several threads, English is the most common language in Guyana.

After seeing the texts, it is pretty clear the strange phrasing comes from Autocorrect.

There is so much misinformation and holes in this story, every assumption is based on emotions. I don't think I've ever seen a case here where people create theories based on everything and anything but facts and that blankets these threads. Nearly everything mentioned is conjecture.

There just seems to be a missing link in this case.

What or why did DW suddenly decide to target this family?
This $40,000 is suspicious. Why this amount? So many stories about it.
What is it with the accountant refusing to deliver the money?
Why is an employee taking pictures of employers money and texting it?
Would that not be a good way to lose your job? Same thing as cars.
If the SS house is in gated community, how did DW get in?

In my mind, the unanswered questions seem to be endless. For the perp(s) to enter at supper time, banks are closed, so could they have inside info that SS would already have this $40,000?

I keep going back to Chief Lanier's statement cautioning everyone that a lot of misinformation is being reported. I think some of the disagreements among posters is about that misinformation.

Yes!!!
Great point that I'd forgotten to type in my last post.
Thank you.
There are places on MSM that are updated, some reliable, some not so reliable..
Maybe reading the most current information would be helpful?

Just have to say a quick note of gratitude that the daughters have been kept out of the media. I don't know if it's because the press has been considerate or because they are surrounded by protective and wise family and friends, but I'm really glad they have been shielded from microphones and cameras.

Initial reports said the order was made online, paying with a credit card, and then soon thereafter they called the pizza place with the special instruction to leave it outside. It was also mentioned that the phone call was to let them know the tip would be on the porch.

Order was made by phone.
"A woman, believed to be Amy Savopoulos, placed an order with Dominos by phone and paid using one of her family's credit cards and gave specific delivery instructions, according to the affidavit."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/dc-mansion-murders-required-killer-affidavit/story?id=31241673

Just have to say a quick note of gratitude that the daughters have been kept out of the media. I don't know if it's because the press has been considerate or because they are surrounded by protective and wise family and friends, but I'm really glad they have been shielded from microphones and cameras.
I just can't even imagine what they are going through. This case has my heart broken. I have a 10 year old son....ugh...I can't even finish this sentence....

Police have not identified W-2, how they found W-2 or why W-1 texted W-2. It may be that W-2 reached out to W-1 and asked for proof that he picked up the cash. W-2 may be the ring-leader.

JMO

Is your theory that the 'ringleader' is still maid number 1 ie NG? We still haven't heard your full theory.

Driver (W1) got a text on Wednesday which he didn't tell police about during the first interview. Presumably it was after 6 pm (although affidavit doesn't say that). Bank would already be closed.

Yes, that means the branch manager who handed over the $40K first heard the request at whatever time they got in Thursday morning and then handed the wads of cash over just as soon as the lobby opened. The only way I could possibly see that happening with the kidnapping happening after the bank closed would be if this was a common practice for SS to pull out large sums of cash rather than this being a unique event where the branch manager would have it on file as this being a normal AIW practice with a track record of such prior transactions happening without incident. The same also goes for SS's accountant that he wouldn't have been extremely suspicious that his high profile boss is doing a highly unusual transaction, unless getting wads of cash delivered to SS's home was a normal practice. Either knowledge that SS was going to be withdrawing large sums of cash that week leaked or the kidnapping had been going since before 6 PM Wednesday (or both).

Also something else that bothers me if the reason SS gave was for a martial grand opening raffle is true, it makes no sense that this was going to be some sort of secret non-advertised raffle (asking for the money out of the blue the day before the opening makes no business sense unless this was a pre-planned cash withdrawal where the raffle had been planned far ahead and advertised). If SS is savvy and he's dealing with other savvy people in his employ and this was a totally unique and unheard of request, I just can't see these people going through with it and not doing some sort of status check on him to be sure he wasn't being coerced or that he wasn't on drugs or something.

As mentioned several times in several threads, English is the most common language in Guyana.

After seeing the texts, it is pretty clear the strange phrasing comes from Autocorrect.

There is so much misinformation and holes in this story, every assumption is based on emotions. I don't think I've ever seen a case here where people create theories based on everything and anything but facts and that blankets these threads. Nearly everything mentioned is conjecture.

Guyanese Creole

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guyanese_Creole

I think if there were some mastermind that orchestrated this crime, they would go for way more than $40K. Sounds like family could afford a lot more.

I might be behind the times here, still reading everything. But,

Anyone know why he was fired from the place he had worked at since it opened in 2013?

We're talking the driver right?

I would love to read that original article again because the way I originally understood it was that SS had let his previous driver go in/around March and that his new driver was somebody that he met through the go-kart place. And my understanding was that the article did not specifically say that this NEW driver had been fired from anywhere.

I also recall that I thought the article had been, ahem, poorly written....as many seem to be.

But yeah, I'd like to find and read it again. If anyone has a quick link....?

Order was made by phone.
"A woman, believed to be Amy Savopoulos, placed an order with Dominos by phone and paid using one of her family's credit cards and gave specific delivery instructions, according to the affidavit."
http://abcnews.go.com/US/dc-mansion-murders-required-killer-affidavit/story?id=31241673
INITIAL REPORTS .....stated....the order was placed online with a credit card and that someone called back to give special instructions and to let them know the tip would be on the porch. I watched it live locally!!!!!!

I think they may have assaulted him in other ways and believed burning the body would destroy any evidence of it.

This is what happened in the Greece, NY murders which happened a few years back. The dad set the little girl on fire to cover up signs of sexual abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jameshoots