DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, when I read that one of the pizzas was merely cheese, it reminded me of the little ones I know. They just want plain cheese. And brought to mind that one was to be for Philip.

Poor child was reportedly tortured. Somehow I doubt they ordered the pizza for him.

The monies could have been taken out of the corporate account. The person who took out the monies could have been an officer of the corporation with signing privileges, such as CFO of the corporation.

"But a timeline of Savvas Savopoulos’s movements is beginning to emerge from the police documents. The documents show a flurry of phone calls among Savvas Savopoulos, a bank, an accountant, the personal assistant, a construction company executive and Savopoulos’s American Iron Works company in the hours before the fire. The calls started shortly after 7 a.m. May 14 and ended just before noon." BBM http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...00af9e-ff07-11e4-8b6c-0dcce21e223d_story.html

I have only heard this from NG, but it may have come from other sources.

Then why would he send him a text on Wednesday about it?

Because by Wednesday is when the specific appointment was confirmed for the transaction to take place with the branch manager and the AIW employee as opposed to it just being in the works. It would not make sense to tell someone to show up for an appointment that hadn't yet been made.

I think she is plenty sophisticated. She created an LLC almost 20 years ago for her cleaning business, although she hasn't filed the required paperwork since the first year, so it was rendered inactive/forfeited. She set up a "go fund me" page to help with expenses for Mrs. Figueroa's family. She has put herself at the center of the investigation, giving interviews virtually non-stop for the first few days (with a break to have the manicure so she would be camera-ready) and releasing texts and voice mails from her murdered clients. LE can not have loved that.

I wouldn't assume she helped raise the children. She owned a business where she employed other cleaners, such as Mrs. F. (according to her) and had at least several other clients, so she wasn't full time at any home. She may have nothing to do with the crime, but she has chosen to speak to anyone with a microphone who would listen (more than once with her name and face showing - different outfits) and given out conflicting information so that at least some of it can't possibly be true. This is strange if not suspicious behavior. She may not be well-educated, but that doesn't mean she is a naif.

ITA. I think NG is W-2 and she started her media spinning after realizing she had been interrogated and cops knew she spoke to the assistant.

JMO

I don't think that is Amy walking the dog. The two dogs I saw that were being led away from the house were more of a golden color, not black.

I agree. Plus it was only one dog, the wrong color, and would be a weird place to walk the dog based on the direction and proximity to her home.

ETA - but that is their red convertible car on the street across from their garage in the Google Map photo (the same one in the driveway following the crime.)

Because by Wednesday is when the specific appointment was confirmed for the transaction to take place with the branch manager and the AIW employee as opposed to it just being in the works. It would not make sense to tell someone to show up for an appointment that hadn't yet been made.

I am honestly confused by this argument. There is nothing in the police affidavit to suggest SS was planning to withdraw the money or get money delivered for anything prior to being held hostage and needing money for ransom.

I agree. Plus it was only one dog, the wrong color, and would be a weird place to walk the dog based on the direction and proximity to her home.

ETA - but that is their red convertible car on the street across from their garage in the Google Map photo (the same one in the driveway following the crime.)

O/T I pinned you avatar bouquet on one of my Pinterest boards. Such pretty colors!

I think the point of all the texts was to have documentation to show police. NG claims she didn't go to the house because SS told her and AS texted her. She's trying to establish a documented alibi for not being at the house when the crime went down. Same for the assistant as to the arranged pick-up of the money.

JMO

Just a thought I had regarding the pizza: There was a recent news story that you may be aware of in which a woman summoned help using her online pizza order and putting "help, call 911" or something like that in the special instruction line.

We have already noted that it appears hints may have been attempted in the various texts and phone calls that SS and AS made. I am wondering if somehow AS read or heard about that too and asked that they feed the child, maybe pleaded. Maybe said he would get ill or something in a last ditch effort to get another possible outside person to the home.

I know it is pretty far out to think anyone abusing a child and the family would care about feeding them, but maybe pizza sounded good to the perp as well.

That might explain only one pizza being eaten even if more than one perp was there. It was just eaten out of convenience since it was there.

I guess the reason this stupid thought popped in my head (other than sleep deprivation from staying up too late following this tragic case) is that the one uneaten pizza was a cheese pizza. To me that is something a child would typically eat, at least none of the men I know would ever order just a plain cheese pizza.

Maybe I would just be comforted by the thought that even though none of their attempts or actions ended up saving their lives that maybe by requesting a pizza they may have unwittingly provided the link that led to the capture of the monster(s).

(Obviously, I have run out of intelligent theories regarding this case if I am speculating on why on earth a cheese pizza was ordered...don't judge.)

I am honestly confused by this argument. There is nothing in the police affidavit to suggest SS was planning to withdraw the money or get money delivered for anything prior to being held hostage and needing money for ransom.
What time do you think the bank closed on Wed?

Just a thought I had regarding the pizza: There was a recent news story that you may be aware of in which a woman summoned help using her online pizza order and putting "help, call 911" or something like that in the special instruction line.

We have already noted that it appears hints may have been attempted in the various texts and phone calls that SS and AS made. I am wondering if somehow AS read or heard about that too and asked that they feed the child, maybe pleaded. Maybe said he would get ill or something in a last ditch effort to get another possible outside person to the home.

I know it is pretty far out to think anyone abusing a child and the family would care about feeding them, but maybe pizza sounded good to the perp as well.

That might explain only one pizza being eaten even if more than one perp was there. It was just eaten out of convenience since it was there.

I guess the reason this stupid thought popped in my head (other than sleep deprivation from staying up too late following this tragic case) is that the one uneaten pizza was a cheese pizza. To me that is something a child would typically eat, at least none of the men I know would ever order just a plain cheese pizza.

Maybe I would just be comforted by the thought that even though none of their attempts or actions ended up saving their lives that maybe by requesting a pizza they may have unwittingly provided the link that led to the capture of the monster(s).

(Obviously, I have run out of intelligent theories regarding this case if I am speculating on why on earth a cheese pizza was ordered...don't judge.)

I think Wint is sadistic and ordered the pizza because he could. He may have teased the little boy with it.

JMO

But, wouldn't SS want people to ask questions and hopefully get LE involved? Or maybe he thought if he gave them the money, they would just go away. That only works if he didn't see their faces or didn't know who they were, though.

And then didn't give it to him? Cheese pizza wasn't eaten.

Maybe he ordered a cheese pizza because the family would normally order cheese for their son and they didn't want the order to seem odd after stating there was a kid in the house. He wasn't paying for it so why not? Just because he ordered it doesn't mean he ever intended to eat it or give it to anyone else. MOO

ITA. I think NG is W-2 and she started her media spinning after realizing she had been interrogated and cops knew she spoke to the assistant.

JMO

Why would the driver email the housekeeper a photo of money? I think it was a friend or girlfriend he wanted to impress with his cool job. Maybe it was a co-worker. We don't know yet. I could be wrong.

JMO

Maybe he ordered a cheese pizza because the family would normally order cheese for their son and they didn't want the order to seem odd after stating there was a kid in the house. He wasn't paying for it so why not? Just because he ordered it doesn't mean he ever intended to eat it or give it to anyone else. MOO

With the instructions to leave pizza at the door, order already seemed odd.

His father is remarried, but their daughter was 8 at the time the restraining order was issued against DW. She is in high school now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jgouth