DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it wasn't a leak or an aside to media, but was actually brought up in court. And still doesn't make sense. Prosecutors don't make print comparisons. They call LE or the lab and request it to be done. And they shouldn't have needed a court order to do so as it is part of evidence processing. Odd.

Anyone with LE connections want to check this out?

In past cases I have seen Prosecutors request the Judge to sign off on an order to get DNA or fingerprints from a defendant.

IMO

I edited my post to remove the inaccuracy about the maid knowing beforehand about the money. I know I read that somewhere. There is so much misinformation out there.

Here is what the Washington Post says about the maid:

Gutierrez said that she knew nothing about the money that was dropped off May 14 and that she had never seen the assistant or anyone else drop off cash to the Savopoulos home in the 20 years she had worked there.

On May 15, the day after the killings, the personal assistant called the veteran American Iron Works employee’s cellphone “and was crying,” according to the police documents. The assistant “stated that he had dropped off a package” at the Savopoulos house on May 14, on his way to Chantilly, the documents say.

But according to D.C FOX affiliate, Gutierrez spoke with the assistant who told her he dropped the cash off.

According to Nelitza Gutierrez, a housekeeper working for the Savopoulos family, $40,000 in cash was to be delivered to the house on Woodland Drive on May 14, the day the bodies were found after a fire.

In an off-camera interview, Gutierrez says an assistant was scheduled to drop off the cash to be used for the opening of a martial arts center in Chantilly, Virginia. The housekeeper says she spoke with the person who was supposed to make the delivery and he confirmed he dropped it off at the house that morning.

Gutierrez is the same housekeeper who received a text message on the morning of May 14 telling her not to come to the Savopoulos' home because the family was sick.

If there may have been some cash transactions at SS home in the past (and not frequently) - could have been cash for art. I am not in the art world. Just assuming that many of those (like car sales) are all cash. Also, I agree with other posters that if they had a very extensive art collection and valuables, they did not have a sprinkler system downstairs (maybe upstairs for bedrooms?) but not in the main living area. If the slightest problem would set off the sprinklers, the damage would be extensive to fine art, etc.

Thanks for sending this youtube, did anyone catch the part where the investigative reports were looking into this property and the business, the property as I understood it being split between AIW and the Sigma Enterprises (not sure of this name) but "not in good tax standing"

Very interesting video. Also, so sad and weird that someone so well-practiced in martial arts was still rendered helpless to defend himself and his family.

BBM

:blush: but I will agree to disagree and perhaps others will disagree with actions. When my other half passed, I had no shoes that were appropriate for the funeral I thought. I went to the best known department store in the US (you gals know "D's" reputation) to get shoes about 3 hours before funeral. I ended up pretty much yelling to high heaven for help..and yes, I was YELLING for help....as I wanted just effing shoes for his funeral. Yeah, I was considering my appearance and respect.

I'll give her a pass... Her nails are her thing. Even if she is crumbling. Even MORESO imho. That said.... back to discussion of #1 in general :biggrin:

I agree. I have a relative that lives in a tightknit immigrant community. Once I overheard someone being critical of her for having her hair always "done", along with her nails based on her income. In other words, the same old arguments everyone hears about some people's priorities.

Well, this relative of ours has family all around her that work in jobs doing hair and nails and they all do each others...all day long. These women take care of each other. They also share clothes, purses and shoes so they look like they have 5x's the amount of clothes and accessories than they really do.

So really, my point is who knows that she doesn't do her own nails, or had a family member doing them because they wanted her to look nice on camera? It doesn't mean she isn't grieving or has mixed up priorities. I think everyone has different circumstances, support networks, and coping mechanisms and even cultural influences.

I just don't find the fact that she got her nails done significant.

This is the photo in which you can see the two cars in the driveway. I have read that there is another photo in which another car can be seen in the garage. I assume that is the red car in which the money was placed.
View attachment 75156

There is another photo, close up, where you can see the expensive red car in the garage. It is parked on the left side of the garage, in front of the Range Rover.

NG has given different accounts from day one. I am giving her benefit of the doubt. Also, I mentioned the fire sprinklers at the S's home. This home was built in the late 20's, and has probably been updated and remodeled over the years. I might be wrong, but most likely they had NO sprinklers (art, antiques and age of home) but they must have had a very expensive security system. Apparently it was not activated (middle of day, people coming and going, dogs in and out, etc.) Has anyone determined if Phillip went to school on Wednesday? Where is the Bentley kept and the expensive sports car? (not the Porsche). These are minor details but even the cars are a mystery.

At the time they interviewed W1 and W2, they didn't know who committed the crimes and were worried the perpetrator(s) could try to take out any known witnesses. Even after they named Wint as a suspect, they didn't know where he was. LE is still seeking unknown (as far as we know) accomplices who could ostensibly kill off anyone who could testify in court. The fact that they believe W1 and W2 are/were in danger makes them less likely as suspects to me - if IT was the only other co-conspirator, IT and W2 wouldn't be in danger from IT! But, unless they know the perpetrator(s), what information do they really have that makes them a threat to the perp(s)? Maybe this makes them more suspicious! Oh my head!

It never specifies in the document which of the witnesses LE is concerned for. Three were interviewed and they are saying they are only concerned for 2 of those 3. As I stated before, it seems like the 2 witnesses would be W-2 because that person led LE to the fact that W-1 was lying,and W-3 because they are an eye witness to someones identity. W-1 just was a drop off person,why would he be in danger?

Unless one was not allowed to drive for legal reasons, why would a CEO use their Porsche 911 as the automobile to be chauffeured around in? That would look silly...

I thought the Porsche belonged to AS. Do we know this was the vehicle used to drive SS on a regular basis?

"Authorities linked what may have been two different men to Amy Savopoulos' blue Porsche 911 the day of the killings."

http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/0...ief-says-suspect-remains-at-large-114135.html

In past cases I have seen Prosecutors request the Judge to sign off on an order to get DNA or fingerprints from a defendant.

IMO

DNA I understand. But it has been tested in the Supreme Court and they have passed it for LE to take fingerprints of arrestees and to put them in a database. And for them to maintain the prints even after the person has completed serving their time. Now DNA is much more limited.

Knowing SS's martial arts background (a long one), if there was only one perpetrator present he would have most likely been able to kill him. There had to be other perps present.

As for getting nails done, the day of my mothers funeral,I got my hair chopped off. I remember the beautician looking at me weird when I told her I wanted my shoulder length hair in a short spikey cut and it was my mothers funeral.When I think about it now,I don't know what compelled me to do that. I also went out and bought myself a brand new outfit to wear. I guess looking back,maybe if I looked good on the outside,I would feel better on the inside? Who knows,it all felt like an out of body experience at the time. People do the weirdest things when grieving.

I apologize if this has already been posted.
Thought this was interesting because the garage had been renovated relatively recently. They had a lot of work going on, so I don't know if it didn't require permitting or if the most recent permit covered it.
http://www.buildzoom.com/property-info/3201-woodland-dr-nw-washington-dc

View attachment 75153

rfk ^Good catch^. TYVM.
Per http://dcra.dc.gov/publication/building-permit-guidelines w link to a pdf*
permit is good for one year from date of issue, so for S home, exp. ~Mar 20, 2014.
Seems likely, if work had not bn completed & inspected by then, DC would req.
homeowner to apply for extension of 'old' permit or a new permit, or ?
Soooo seems - if no other permit issued, improvments s/h/bn done > a year ago.
IOW, likely no work being done currently or recently.
JM2cts.
."
sbm bbm.

If there may have been some cash transactions at SS home in the past (and not frequently) - could have been cash for art. I am not in the art world. Just assuming that many of those (like car sales) are all cash. Also, I agree with other posters that if they had a very extensive art collection and valuables, they did not have a sprinkler system downstairs (maybe upstairs for bedrooms?) but not in the main living area. If the slightest problem would set off the sprinklers, the damage would be extensive to fine art, etc.

Art is rarely cash unless everyone is avoiding tax and even then .. Often payments are staggered, with a deposit made to secure the work, then balance paid upon pickup, so even though he may have used that as an excuse to get the money quickly it does not represent how transactions generally take place.

Maybe this photo of red car in drive?

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 200
There is another photo, close up, where you can see the expensive red car in the garage. It is parked on the left side of the garage, in front of the Range Rover.

I would be interested in seeing that photo if anyone can find it to post. TIA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum