DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

Any crime like this- where people are held hostage, tortured, and murdered in this manner would be investigated regardless of level of wealth of the victims.

Crimes like this have happened here in Rochester (just havent made national news like this) and have had victims who were very impoverished, and the local law enforcement agencies have had a full court press response to finding the killer(s) and getting justice for those persons victimized.

Honestly a lot of rhetoric about "rich white people get helped first" is very untrue.

Home invasions are becoming more prevalent. In my small rural community - we had an older couple tortured, set on fire all for a robbery motive. Three under 20 yr olds and one 35 year old from 300 miles away. The older guy was a distant cousin who hadn't seen the couple in 20 years. Since that time - there were two others in the region.

I'm betting if any company's employees was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon and hiding behind a dumpster nearby, police would make sure the security staff is alerted to make sure access to the premises is denied. AIW doesn't just have employees, it has valuable equipment. Most production facilities have security screening everybody who enters and requiring signing in.

JMO

I am sure police alerted the management, and whatever security staff they did have. I was just responding to an earlier post that said a company of that size would have a security department. AIW isn't that big. I doubt they had much by way of in-house security staff, based on my own experiences from working at a company with lots of very expensive instrumentation that was an order of magnitude bigger and traded on the NYSE.

It sucks man. I just had to delete my Facebook after being one of the first people to ever have a FB account (my college was one of the first added lol) - because this guy here in Roc posted my pic with husband and oldest on his cop hater blog with my personal information.

I'm sick over it :( my H is awesome and totally like the "officer friendly" guy we learned about as kids. Just genuinely kind and a total helper. And some cop hater targeted us :( ugh. It's a sore spot right now for me

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

:grouphug: Please tell your sweet Hubby thank you for his service to your community!!! Thank God there are people like him willing to take on the way too often thankless job!!!!!! Know you will never stand alone...

Not buying that...

I just don't see anything that tells me this family was anything other than what we have seen. If there was something, I don't know how it could have been missed at this point.

Sometimes - most times? - criminals are just rotten people who commit crimes. There is already so much "intrigue" in this case just in the way it was carried out...I don't think there needs to be any deeper reason for it (mob ties, or underground crime or whatever)

I truly think that Mr. Savopoulos was truly a family man who worked very hard for what he had and provided for his family.

I may be proven wrong...but I just don't see it here.

Why wasn't anybody charged as an accessory after the fact? I find that very puzzling.

Agree. They must have lied about not knowing the money was stolen and LE bought the lie. SMH!!!

:grouphug: Please tell your sweet Hubby thank you for his service to your community!!! Thank God there are people like him willing to take on the way too often thankless job!!!!!! Know you will never stand alone...

It really is a thankless job - especially where he is at. It's not glamorous at all. He is a saint, truly. I truly learn something new from him every day and he makes me a better person. Thank you for your kind words!!! :) it's very very very reassuring and nice to hear that!

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

I am sure police alerted the management, and whatever security staff they did have. I was just responding to an earlier post that said a company of that size would have a security department. AIW isn't that big. I doubt they had much by way of in-house security staff, based on my own experiences from working at a company with lots of very expensive instrumentation that was an order of magnitude bigger and traded on the NYSE.

I think outsourcing security is pretty common these days. My neighbor has a son who works security for a 3M production facility. He isn't a 3M employee.

I'm with you, and I won't feel shocked or disappointed .. It's typical.

I really hope LE either makes more arrests quickly, or tell us that DW acted alone.
Before everybody and their mama is suspected around here.

Agree. They must have lied about not knowing the money was stolen and LE bought the lie. SMH!!!

Or LE are letting them believe that while they let them stay free for other reasons? They can't deny it really can they since his name had been released.

I'm betting that MPD is playing this close to the vest. It wouldn't surprise me if some of those people were re-arrested. Perhaps they (MPD) didn't have enough evidence at first.

I'm betting that MPD is playing this close to the vest. It wouldn't surprise me if some of those people were re-arrested. Perhaps they didn't have enough evidence at first.

Exactly. I think the police are playing this with an amazing amount of finesse. I have the utmost faith in them.

I don't think he had clients as a lawyer. Sounds to me like he used his law degree to help him in his business. Not sure if that makes sense?

Someone upthread posted a list of cases he was party to as an attorney. They were all in 1997, so, he did practice for a time. My guess is he was just biding his time until he inherited the business from his father.

I cannot find any article or source that says the stabs to Phillip were 'bone deep': LINK PLEASE !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tillicum View Post
Injuries bone deep

We are only speculating based on the released medical information. Phillip's body burned beyond recognition, but autopsy and LE reports are still able to indicate he was tortured and suffered sharp force injuries. This points to deep bone. It is also possible that there is evidence of the injuries/torture in other parts of the room and house.

I really hope LE either makes more arrests quickly, or tell us that DW acted alone.
Before everybody and their mama is suspected around here.

I am positively convinced he did not act alone. I am not even convinced he's the one in the video, based on where the car was torched.

I don't buy it either.

Folks look at money, typically, as only a postive. I have lived it and trust me there is a downside. A huge downside, its like a shaodow over you. It alters relationships, influences them, pollutes them.

The old adage," doesnt fall from the true" has some merit. Apparently their has been "money" junk. I posted earlier a lawsuit - with his father with someone else. This kind of stuff does get "rubbed" on others. I dread, when my father passes, and the step witch is in control it is gonna be nasty.

I could not follow the lawsuit stuff I accidently found, but it rings true. Money does do stuff to family systems..........

There is some like manipulative stuff going on here, IMO. He, and I use this word very carefully, selected persons, how can I say this, were on the lower end of staffing cycle to get and bring the money. There is some thought in that. Economic/educationial stuff.

He did not call his second in command and say no questions, bring me 40K. He selected folks that would just do what he demanded. There are personality charactertics in those choices.

Obciously much danger existed, he selected, for lack of a better word, "lower" folks to possibly walk into a fatal sitution.

There is much that can be gleaned from those choices in terms of his personality, belief systems , etc.

Yes, stab victims often have knife marks on bone tissue, it stands to reason if Philip was stabbed his bones will show the marks.

Someone upthread posted a list of cases he was party to as an attorney. They were all in 1997, so, he did practice for a time. My guess is he was just biding his time until he inherited the business from his father.

Yep, here it is again.Screen Shot 2015-05-24 at 8.13.56 PM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member