DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. They must have lied about not knowing the money was stolen and LE bought the lie. SMH!!!
I don't think they have any evidence, yet, to charge them with anything. Or they would have. I don't think LE bought a lie about them not knowing the money was stolen. How does this guy come up these kinds of bucks and goes around with his buddies and they are obviously hiding from someone, like the police? They knew, they just didn't have enough to charge them or they turned and are working with the police. A lot we don't know.

When did he become AIW CEO and President? Those posts were in 1999. I need to look that up.

I think it was after the online spat, I seem to remember something about 2002, but I can't be sure. I'll look. I just meant generally-speaking. He had obviously kept very active in martial arts to the point of opening his own studio while CEO. He also had some posts about cars that I found. He also had his little hedge fund. Those aren't the activities of a typical CEO, at least not the ones I know, who are generally consumed with their business and would barely have time for a fitness class, much less time to become accomplished in martial arts, much less have time to spend on a studio.

I suspect that LE weren't buying anything. More likely they just have no proof. All of the occupants may have just sat there and said "lawyer" too.

For charges of "accessory after the fact" LE wouldn't need proof that suspects were involved in the crime itself.

When did he become AIW CEO and President? Those posts were in 1999. I need to look that up.

I'm about half way through the lawsuit mentioned above (regarding SS's father) and as of 1999 he (Philip) was still president of AIW. The decision was from 2002 and I haven't seen anything yet indicating there was a change in the presidency between those dates.

So then he'd have to worry about police going after him for killing the cabbie? Wasn't it easier to pay the cabbie, considering he had a lot of money?

OTOH, if he killed the cabbie he wouldn't have to worry about having the cabbie identify him.

I agree. He could have siphoned gas out of the tank and into the bucket. He could be carrying the bucket because he feared it had his DNA on it. But a bucket would be easier to splash a large area quickly.

JMO

For those who think the bucket may have held gas, wouldn't it make sense to throw the whole thing in the car and have it burn up? I can't remember now if it was ascertained that the running-with-bucket video was after or before the porsche went up in flames.

Yes, I didn't take it as a physical threat either. I couldn't tell if the poster thought it was truly a physical threat, or if it just gave him something juicy to grab onto to fuel his argument. I am pretty amazed at how much headspace Savvas had for things other than construction. It seems almost like he didn't really run AIW himself, but left it to the other C-level people to do the work so that he could spend time on cars and martial arts.

The longer we go I think we may be looking at a very Narcisstic individual - just a sense and only MO

OTOH, if he killed the cabbie he wouldn't have to worry about having the cabbie identify him.

For those who think the bucket may have held gas, wouldn't it make sense to throw the whole thing in the car and have it burn up? I can't remember now if it was ascertained that the running-with-bucket video was after or before the porsche went up in flames.

Why should he worry about cabbie identifying him? Cabbie didn't witness any crimes.

My sense is it was after the car was a blaze, he likes fire!

Ot have CNN on in background. It is about selling weed in places where it has (finally) been legalized. And all they are doing is talking and showing about how much cash is around and there. THere is no way on earth, I would go on nationial tv , and have cameras show piles and piles of cash, that to me is just asking for it no?

ha and then I had a funny thought - humm wonder how many criminals (not white collar!) are watching CNN thats funny

HI my Trigger how are you my dear. My new baby and I are settled! How are your babies?

I get a sense that some frown upon the S's lifestyle, wealth, businesses and so on. Whether Mr. S built AIW or took it over means diddly squat, IMO. He was educated, a family man, successful, ambitious, happy and personable. I have seen nothing to prove otherwise. JMO

So it wasn't a leak or an aside to media, but was actually brought up in court. And still doesn't make sense. Prosecutors don't make print comparisons. They call LE or the lab and request it to be done. And they shouldn't have needed a court order to do so as it is part of evidence processing. Odd.

Anyone with LE connections want to check this out?

Wints' fingerprints were already in the AFIS system when he was arrested. There would be a 'hit' the moment the prints were rolled in booking him into the jail even before the booking process was finished. Two sets of fingerprint cards would be printed out at the end of the booking process.

Evidently we have a very inept reporter reporting that. I simply do not and cannot believe that was said in court by the prosecutor. If by chance he did, he was set straight immediately, IMO.

MOO

Why should he worry about cabbie identifying him? Cabbie didn't witness any crimes.

Well, if he is indeed the one who killed the Savoloupos family and Ms. Figueroa (and I believe he is), he knew he'd committed a crime and presumably was on the run from the police who were looking for him in New York so covering his tracks might make sense...though not much of this whole horrible thing makes much sense from my perspective.

Wints' fingerprints were already in the AFIS system when he was arrested. There would be a 'hit' the moment the prints were rolled in booking him into the jail even before the booking process was finished. Two sets of fingerprint cards would be printed out at the end of the booking process.

Evidently we have a very inept reporter reporting that. I simply do not and cannot believe that was said in court by the prosecutor. If by chance he did, he was set straight immediately, IMO.

MOO

What was reported didn't make sense to me either. Prosecutors were seeking to compare Wint's fingerprints with those found on the bottle? Wint's fingerprints should already be in the system.
Why do they need permission from the court anyway?

For charges of "accessory after the fact" LE wouldn't need proof that suspects were involved in the crime itself.

They would need evidence for proving "accessory after the fact" though. Being with somebody is not going to cut it. Especially if nobody is talking.

MOO

Could there be some confusion about the fingerprints on file because DDW has used his brother's name in the past when arrested? Perhaps they want a fresh set to make sure they have his prints without any doubts about it.

I think this is an important question. Any evidence of past wrong doing connected to money issues?
Any current financial problems, etc. His lying about the handling of the ransom money certainly raises questions.

I would really like to know this. He had a "real" job there - competition and marketing director - and stated often on social media that he "loved his job". He was there since 2013 until February or March this year (started working with SS on March 28th according to his social media post), so it had to be a substantial firing offense.

The only neighborhood within the city limits that even comes close is the neighboring Foxhall Rd community. Next is Chevy Chase and that has deteriorated over the years...looks kind of run down, to me.

Kalorama...

The witness (W3) described the car driven erratically. So, whoever drove it didn't have the required skills.

That's one possibility. I've no idea who W-3 was, some who saw a car driving extremely fast in city traffic--which I would imagine involve a lot of rapid lane changes--might describe that as erratic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1