DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One person associated with the case seems to have had dreams and aspirations of becoming a race car driver. Whether or not these dreams would come to fruition would depend on finances/financial backing. Another associated with the case traveled the country as a go kart racer and had a very real potential to become a professional racer as he would have had no problems financing his career. I find it interesting that this little person was the one most heinously injured, deep cuts and burned. There is something here that makes me very suspicious that there was some sort of jealous rage that fueled this crime.

Where did the assistant go after dropping the cash at the S home?
Good question. I would also like to know what the assistant was doing on Wednesday (the day prior to the murders). Did he drive SS home from Chantilly that afternoon/evening?

7774626_G.jpg

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29066982/four-dead-fire

Okay.

First, there's the description of the person driving the Porsche away from the home:

"... W-3 was identified, located and interviewed. W-3 provided that at approximately I:30 PM IT observed a blue Porsche 911 driving outbound on NewYork Avenue. Northeast, Washington, D.C., headed towards Maryland. The vehicle was being driven erratically by a black male, with short well groomed hair, wearing a neon lime green construction vest."

Page 7 of the court documents (Page 1 of this thread)

Second, DDW did not appear to have short well-groomed hair in court sketches

View attachment 75225

The description by the witness of the driver and the sketch of DDW don't match... therein lies the implication that there might be two different people.

Yes, you might theorize that the witness was mistaken AND you can suggest that the sketch in the courtroom was done by a horrible artist. That's all fine and dandy with me.

Do you see any dreads in the actual photo of him being arrested? I sure don't.
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...n-Murder-DC-Charging-Documents-304744581.html

If I was scouring video from the neighborhood, and you know there's lots of video from surrounding homes, I'd be looking for that white Chevy Cruze that was stopped by the U.S. Marshalls - I'd be looking frame by frame.

I shoot vast amounts of video and am also familiar with security video cams. Depending on the resolution, placement and angle of lens, time of day/night folks will look different on video/still shots than how you would perceive them in person. And if some of the nearby homes had cameras with night vision...that would be helpful. Very helpful.

And I'd be looking at lists of reported stolen cars that were recovered/ found within a 1- 2 mile radius of the S house on the start day of crimes against the S and F families.
Anything still in the impound lots from a parking ticket, ticket for too close to fire hydrant? Do you have to have a street permit near the S house to legally park on the street?

I live in the DC area, but I'm not 100% sure of what street parking in this specific street or block is like. It looks like their street does have a zone (meaning, need a residential parking permit) and that both sides of the street are subject to these rules. The RPP would be required to park on the street for more than 2 hours during the day- the rules might not apply overnight (once again, not 100% sure what the rules are here). It's residential enough that I doubt there are meters or anything like that- likely permit parking only within posted time restrictions, and non-permits holders can park for 2 hours. My guess is that the majority of homes in this neighborhood have plenty of available garage and driveway parking for their own cars.

I'd assume with the security presence in the area, the proximity to the zoo, and the proximity to the Naval Observatory/embassies, street parking would be enforced but it's hard to tell.

ETA: A google street view shows a sign near their house on the Woodland Drive side saying no parking at any time. On the 32nd Street side (where their driveway is), you can see permit parking signs stating 2 hour limits for non-permit holders. I can't read the times, though.

Great post -- very interesting idea. W-1's changed story about unlocking/locking that car has really intrigued me.

I agree. It's the one lie that makes no sense to tell - unless the key is "key."

I am wondering the same thing. How did he arrive at the home, how did he get in.
As well as what time he actually started interacting with the family members.
LE states 6 pm is the time of the kidnapping? But it is possible there were actions prior to the kidnapping?

I assume LE is verifying everything occurring on Wednesday. And since W appeared to be particularly fixated on Phillip while holding the family hostage, the child's activities that day, and the weeks and month prior are important.

Did Phillip really have a concussion? When did it occur and where? Was the school notified, at what time. When was Phillip last seen by reliable witnesses?

Amy appears to be a mother who would seek medical attention if her child had received a head injury necessitating missing school. This can be verified with local ERs and Phillip's pediatrician.

The go cart video posted here shows the children in the go carts wearing substantial helmets.
An accident severe enough to give a helmeted child a significant concussion would have been noticed by others?

I think once the timeline of events are verified, it will become clear how much prior planning would have been necessary.

FWIW, you can have a closed head injury/concussion even with a helmet because the brain can hit the inside of the skull when there is a sudden acceleration/deceleration. I agree that Amy would have sought medical attention if she thought her son had a concussion. Maybe they had gone to the doctor and got the standard, "keep an eye on him and don't let him nap" instructions. On the other hand, maybe someone was already in the house at the time Philip was supposed to go to school.

One person associated with the case seems to have had dreams and aspirations of becoming a race car driver. Whether or not these dreams would come to fruition would depend on finances/financial backing. Another associated with the case traveled the country as a go kart racer and had a very real potential to become a professional racer as he would have had no problems financing his career. I find it interesting that this little person was the one most heinously injured, deep cuts and burned. There is something here that makes me very suspicious that there was some sort of jealous rage that fueled this crime.

It's raised my suspicion as well. Plus, the boy was torched and so was the car. iirc, in the charging documents, W-1 claimed to have dropped off the cash and then headed to Chantilly. And that begs the question, why he would be headed to Chantilly without SS? I think it is possible he dropped off the cash--and stayed there.

JMO

That was one of my first thoughts when I read Savapoulos had expensive car collection. And the perp(s) would somehow try to disguise money/cars through conversion/chop shop. I wonder if those car(s) were part of motive(s)? Jmo/

Yes, there has to be a reason he came back to DC with a huge truck and other people to help him.
The reasoning probably is not going to make sense to normal people.

It is quite possible he was very disappointed in the $40,000, and flew into a rage, going into the end game at the home. Then began to cook up another scheme to make more money off the crime somehow, perhaps the chop shop idea. Or perhaps he stole items from the home and stashed them somewhere and hoped to retrieve them.

I thought I explained that in my post??

"reading the court documents... quoting the witness... it's an EASY assumption (IMO) that there were two DIFFERENT people"

I KNOW I'm not the only one to arrive at this thought. I've never said it's a FACT. I've only said it's an easy assumption, and I'm not alone in making the assumption.

The defense is arguing that it is not him because he does not have short hair ....

Hard to tell in that pic, but sketch of him by court artist shows either dreads or braids.

If he pulled his dreadlocks back in a pony tail or a braid, you won't be able to see the dreadlocks.
So it's feasible somebody could have described him as having short hair.

It's raised my suspicion as well. Plus, the boy was torched and so was the car. iirc, in the charging documents, W-1 claimed to have dropped off the cash and then headed to Chantilly. And that begs the question, why he would be headed to Chantilly without SS? I think it is possible he dropped off the cash--and stayed there.

JMO

Do we know what car was being driven when the assistant delivered the cash to the home? Any information on the assistant's heritage? Thanks

I think with dreads pulled back, a straight on view could give the illusion of short hair.
But a profile view? I think that bulk of hair would be noticeable

It's in the actual link I posted.

Ahh...yes, that is the first I've seen! Thanks so much

** Evidently the reporter in the first article hasn't seen this photo either! lol

Do we know what car was being driven when the assistant delivered the cash to the home? Any information on the assistant's heritage? Thanks

At one point, somebody posted a youtube video. Difficult to tell what his heritage might be but iirc, he was slim and had short, dark hair.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member