DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your precious little boy is duct taped in his bedroom and a psycho is threatening to kill him if he sees a cop car, then you might hesitate.

If the cops surrounded the house, then what? The killer would have had plenty of time to kill everyone before the cops could enter. And I am sure he reminded SS of that. And then he probably said " If you just get me some cash, I will go away and no one will die."

That is what SS was hoping for. Having the SWAT team come racing in might have also ended in the family's deaths. JMO

Exactly! People have no idea what they would do until they are in the same situation. When that survival mechanism kicks in, there's hardly anything you won't do to take another breath. Same for protecting your young.

Is your kid 28 and at work when he's doing that? My oldest is 26 and I would be very surprised if he behaved like that while on the clock. Now, in his off-time, who knows?! :)

photographing and texting anything confidential that pertains to your employer is an invitation to get fired. And maybe SS discovered his young driver was posting photos and boasting about SS's vehicles. I doubt he would have been happy about it. Young people who are so fixated on social media that it impairs their judgment shouldn't be surprised at the consequences of their actions.

JMO

Why is there no description for W1 and employee?

Because there is no confirmation from law enforcement as to who they are... If you have proof, message the moderator and we can add it! I'm trying to stick to the rules so I don't get booted!

Because there is no confirmation from law enforcement as to who they are... If you have proof, message the moderator and we can add it! I'm trying to stick to the rules so I don't get booted!

W1 took the money and delivered it to SS's residence and the employee picked up the money at BOA

The bank is responsible for the paperwork. Apparently the company exec who went to the bank is able to sign on the accounts there and possibly access any safe deposit boxes AIW might have. The affidavit states the exec spoke with a banker and shortly thereafter reached in his pockets and handed four bundles of hundred dollar bills to W1

If the company executive was able to sign on the accounts, then the company executive did the proper paperwork. I doubt any company executive had access to SS personal account or his safe deposit box. I think the money was withdrawn from an AIW account and the ruse used was that SS needed it for an auction. Since SS owned the company, the executive had no reason to be suspicious.

JMO

LE tracked W-1's cell phone in Virginia from 11:30 until noon. Then his phone placed him at the Chantilly business at the time of the fire. The Porsche was spotted on New York Avenue at approximately 1:30 p.m. W-1 didn't have enough time to drive back to the house to get the Porsche.
But the Porsche was somewhere from approx. 1:31 through some time very close to 5:00 PM...we don't know if the same person who drove it away from Woodland is the same person who drove it to the church in New Carrollton.

I can certainly see how one might feel that in Mr. Alvaro's place he would have gone to greater lengths. Some of the reasons I think those who felt something was amiss did not act on that feeling is that a) as has been posted here, we tend to second-guess our own intuitive sense of things when the scenario is so extreme it appears incredible b) the neighborhood had an aura of security given by its prosperity, lack of much crime, presence of local and even federal LE c) the boss is the boss and a trustworthy guy so one does not want to over-react or challenge what he says is going on d) do many others in the life of this family, neighbors, workers in the home and the business, that it would be hard to see them as potentially isolated and at peril. It's been demonstrated that if smoke is filling a class room, students don't immediately act; rather, as long as several peers remain calm and don't seem to see the smoke, they think things must be normal. Same sense of everything must be okay prevails when we hear a scream in the night, but we live on a fairly busy street and our neighbors don't react, no sirens, no more signs of danger, so we assume the scream was a mock scream, a cat.,..I think folks around this family trusted they were safe, canny, vigilant, competent, that Savvas had things under control at all times. What makes the family's story so newsworthy is how unimaginable it is. To think that in such a secure setting, given the time of day, numbers of workers in the yard, in the house, at various times, dogs (who could at least bark), proximity to other houses and the street, general atmosphere of care/vigilance due to embassy and church and school and prosperity and politicians...it was all unthinkable that this happy household could be undergoing gruesome horror while the lawn crew manicured the front yard and retrievers frolicked in the back. Unfortunately, more than one person did get "a feeling," but simply could not believe it.

Just use the charging document:

W-l stated IT is an employee of Mr. Savopoulos whose job consisted of transporting Mr. Savopoulos to and from work and handling daily assignments given to him by Mr.
Savopoulos.

Actually, LE doesn't tell you to fight, to resist. And they do not tell you to comply either. Because honestly, they know they can not know in each case what the best course is every step of the way. One thing folks will do is try to buy time through compliance. The other factor we often over look is the element of surprise. Criminals, however, have this one in hand. They can be utterly stupid and still skilled at casing a neighborhood, knowing just how and when to get the drop on their targets. They also depend upon a certain complacency we all have as we go about our daily routine in places where "this has never happened." Yes, security experts, former FBI, Oprah guests, self-defense teachers will give you some recipes. The police know, however, that criminals are unpredictable and that there is no one size fits all for self protection and family protection in the moment. Given that Mr. Savopolous was well-trained and expert in a martial art, he was probably defense-minded as well as skilled and would have done anything he could, including "go for it." Obviously, he did not have that choice. Many people have been restrained while being robbed, at home or in a business, and have not been killed. On the other hand, some have grabbed for the gun or the knife, and that's been it. I think there was more than one guarding this household every second;there with some kind of weapon and threat when they were on the phone, in a bathroom break. These evil ****s not only threatened to hurt young Philip, they did hurt him. So it is likely the father and the others thought if only they would get the money and leave, they would not kill the child.

photographing and texting anything confidential that pertains to your employer is an invitation to get fired. And maybe SS discovered his young driver was posting photos and boasting about SS's vehicles. I doubt he would have been happy about it. Young people who are so fixated on social media that it impairs their judgment shouldn't be surprised at the consequences of their actions.

JMO

I had to sign a confidentiality agreement at my last job.

I wonder if any employees signed a confidentiality agreement.

Did I miss it - has it been said why the housekeeper that was murdered had stayed past her 3:00 pm exit time? Could DW have been holding her and PS hostage at that time? Maybe AS too?

Just a thought. If W1, the driver, did siphon part of the money before delivering it, he would not want to talk with SS!

Having been employed only three months, why would W1 send a picture of the money to NG? They would not know each other that well IMO.

Did I miss it - has it been said why the housekeeper that was murdered had stayed past her 3:00 pm exit time? Could DW have been holding her and PS hostage at that time? Maybe AS too?
We don't know but I think so.

If your precious little boy is duct taped in his bedroom and a psycho is threatening to kill him if he sees a cop car, then you might hesitate.

If the cops surrounded the house, then what? The killer would have had plenty of time to kill everyone before the cops could enter. And I am sure he reminded SS of that. And then he probably said " If you just get me some cash, I will go away and no one will die."

That is what SS was hoping for. Having the SWAT team come racing in might have also ended in the family's deaths. JMO

I agree, just a situation one can not fathom being in.

I think I would have to look at it like this... LE tells you to fight and never let someone take you to another place even if it means they kill you right there because you will likely be killed any way.... well I will probably fight right off the bat from being restrained even if my family is because we are all probably going to be killed anyway. jmo
That's what I've always been told. If he's going to kill us i guess it's better to do it fast instead of suffer from hours of torture. I already know in those circumstances no matter what he's not going to let us out alive. To many witnesses. This whole thing is just so sad. My brain won't even let me go 'there' to even start to imagine what went on behind those doors.

We seem to have forgotten that the three adult victims were found doused in gasoline and in chairs.
I just had a thought re: What, beyond wanting to stop the torture of PS, could have continued to keep the adults contained or controlled? Then I realized, they were all doused in gasoline and we know that the killer left matches at the top of the stairs. Really, all he had to do was hold up the matches as the ultimate threat, especially if he had lit a few throughout the night and day that followed...

I can see the killer saying, "do it, or I will light this match..." But, it is beyond me why he chose to try to kill all the adults before he set the fire while leaving PS to burn to death....It is All So Incredibly Senseless!

Oh Lord, I hadn't thought of the situation in that way, Just K. I hate to say it but you are so right......that would definitely insure total control and compliance. Even more nauseating to think about. Good God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member