DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do folks tell if this is real or photoshopped? It's just a photo, isn't it - or is it an actual link to an official site?
Also, it makes me really suspicious that just last week I was reading comments about the death of someone famous (but cannot for the life of me remember who) in any case, in the comments was a person claiming that they were a long lost relative and they even gave their home telephone # and asked the family to call her if they got the message. It was on a Yahoo news article - it was the craziest thing - and it reminds me way too much of this person.

Even if it's real, this is not the time, place, method to reach out to your long-lost cousins who have just had their parents and brother murdered. Tells more about BS than anything that she would take this opportunity to air the family's dirty laundry.

I don't think he was involved in bodily harm. But he could have been involved in some sort of rip-off for some quick cash, not realizing DW was capable of doing this. That might explain the crying phone call. His lies are strange to say the least.

But if he was involved in the cash ripoff, why would he send a pic of the cash to his girl? Surely he knew it would be seen by LE later on.

But the alarm the earlier poster mentioned was an alarm that had two codes. One code to legitimately disable the alarm. The other code mimics the disabling of the alarm but sends an alert to authorities. Had SS had this type of alarm he could have given the perps the second code that does the alerting and they wouldn't have been any the wiser. Initially. I'll put this to rest now, it was just a post.

If LE is still suspicious of JW, that may be why - the correct code was entered, possibly multiple times and in multiple locations when a silent alarm could have been covertly sent. Knowing that there's tricks to the alarm system may be why LE thinks DW had to have had an accomplice.

Oh, I meant it as a general question to anyone. At first I thought, "meh, ok, he took pictures of the cars and the cash, tacky but not evidence of murder," and at first, I thought the idea that they might be trying to steal cars was beyond preposterous, but as the coincidences started to pile up, I changed my mind. I just wondered if there's something about him that reads "INNOCENT" to some people (because that was never my take, I sort of thought I didn't know enough about him to know and felt it could go either way since that's what I think about most people surrounding those who are murdered), or it's more like, "not guilty because nothing here really convinces me".

I'm thinking W1 was not involved, but his actions are stupid in the midst of an investigation. He hasn't been fully truthful, and I think that is because it's his habit to lie to make himself look good. That doesn't work with LE and I think he was in way over his head by trying to cover some details of the money drop.

As much as I don't particularly like W1 (seems shallow and flashy, imo), I am really hoping he's not involved. I think W1 would be repulsed by Wint.

Of course, evidence might force me to change my mind.

JUST MY OPINION at this time.

His little friend?! W1 worked for the father. That doesn't make the 28 year-old the 10 year-old's friend.

Of course he was his friend. He mentored him in Go Kart racing.

I speculated that PS (the son) might be at knifepoint, forcing SS to siphon the gas. All evidence says that Wint was torturing the son to gain the cooperation of the adults.

I agree he was torturing the son. But I just dont think the perp would dare take them out to the front outside area, where they could have been seen by neighbors and where he had much less control.

Ok. From the Greta report it seems the driver job was a big step UP from The "track" W1 worked for was a little track where you take your kiddos for a day or have their birthday parties. http://www.autobahnspeed.com
Some of us have posted about JW's change from track job/driver to
Mr S's asst/driver. Do we have enough info about objective and subjective issues to say w certainty whether it was a step up or down? I think it would depend on details & specifics. IDK if a talking head has more background than we do, before making stmts & drawing conclusions on the air.

Someone here commented: go-kart driving is a career path to Formula 1 racing. Is it any more likely than playing middle school baseball, football, or basketball is a career path to playing pro? Just saying only a small fraction of hobby team players make it to the Big Time w prof career w mega-earnings.
JM2cts and I may be all wrong.

I agree he was torturing the son. But I just dont think the perp would dare take them out to the front outside area, where they could have been seen by neighbors and where he had much less control.
I agree. But the Mosler in the garage runs on gas.

Of course he was his friend. He mentored him in Go Kart racing.

I've heard that said on here before, but I don't know the source of that. JW described his job to LE as driving SS to and from work and doing other daily assignments for SS.

Some of us have posted about DDW's change from track job/driver to
Mr S's asst/driver. Do we have enough info about objective and subjective issues to say w certainty whether it was a step up or down? I think it would depend on details & specifics. IDK if a talking head has more background than we do, before making stmts & drawing conclusions on the air.

Someone here commented: go-kart driving is a career path to Formula 1 racing. Is it any more likely than playing middle school baseball, football, or basketball is a career path to playing pro? Just saying only a small fraction of hobby team players make it to the Big Time w prof career w mega-earnings.

I think it was a step up because SS was very involved with international motorsports and motorsports organizations. I think he had cars that were amazing for a racer to drive, an appreciation for racing, the means to fund a team (whether he would have is another story) and lots of connections in racing. I think it was a golden opportunity. I think that short-term avarice got in the way of that once he started really getting exposed to a wealthy person's lifestyle. JMO.

Some of us have posted about DDW's change from track job/driver to

I assume you mean JW (not DDW).

For an aspiring race car driver employment with SS would be considered a big step up.

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not but SS was a high ranking official in an international racing body. From his Obituary I read this:

Most recently, Savvas assumed significant responsibility as a judge on the International Court of Appeals of the Federation Internationale de l'Automobile in Paris, France. The FIA Court of Appeals is the final appeal tribunal for international motorsports. Savvas was unanimously elected to this position by the member nations of the Federation. - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/washingtonpost/obituary.aspx?pid=174935916#sthash.p1SZHqYL.dpuf

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/washingtonpost/obituary.aspx?pid=174935916

So SS was more than someone who owned fast cars. He was involved in motorsports at a senior level and no doubt had contacts with all the big racing teams. SS could have opened many doors for JW.

I assume you mean JW (not DDW).

For an aspiring race car driver employment with SS would be considered a big step up.

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not but SS was a high ranking official in an international racing body. From his Obituary I read this:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/washingtonpost/obituary.aspx?pid=174935916

So SS was more than someone who owned fast cars. He was involved in the motorsport industry at a senior level and no doubt had contacts with all the big racing teams. SS could have opened many doors for JW.

I also agree it was a step up. First of all, and most importantly, it was a JOB. W1 had been fired from the go-cart place, so any employment is a step up from having no job! :)

Also, being a driver to someone with an interest your chosen field is a good job. It could be a dead-end job if you don't play your cards right, but it also could be a way to network in the racing culture.

There's no shame in being a driver, if you're a good one and people who meet you like you and would consider helping you along. (I have to say, I'm not entirely sure the higher-ups would like W1. He rubs me the wrong way, though I still don't think he's involved with the murder. IMO, he was lucky to have that job.)

JUST MY OPINION.

Also it's not a question of how realistic the expectations are, but what JW thinks his chances are. His chances of becoming a rich and famous racer may be somewhere between slim and none, but what matters is what he thinks his chances are rather than what the reality of the situation is.

So the police DO know where W1 is?? I got the impression he was in hiding from everyone, including LE.

I'm wondering if GF (W2) provided more information that doesn't jive with W1's statements? And/or maybe LE has found other evidence or heard statements from others that don't match the events as W1 described them.

The feeling I have is that LE is using the media to put pressure on W1 to talk to them, though he's not required to and I certainly hope he brings along a lawyer.

I think he ticked off LE with the lying. That really wasn't a good move.

JUST MY OPINION.

BBM.

Oh yeah, multiple lies by a major witness in a quadruple homicide -- that's definitely going to tick off LE. In terms of JW sitting down with LE again now, I don't know if has the money to hire an attorney, and it probably wouldn't be wise for him to talk to LE without an attorney present. JMO.

I'm not convinced JW had anything to do with this crime. He's under no obligation to speak to anyone and LE has probably instructed him not to. Just because a reporter wants to sit him down under hot lights doesn't equate to an emergency grilling by a reporter.

Until I hear better I'd say JW lied in the beginning because he got scared at the initial police questioning thinking if he doesn't tell them he locked the door he'd be in trouble for some reason.

He also could have lost his job at the kart track because he was late a couple times or took too many days off to head for the race track.

All these allegations from a former prosecutor sound like speculation and really doesn't know if he is cooperating with police or not.

Waiting for real evidence. JMO

Not convinced of any wrong doing.

REMINDER

Let's not discuss the photo. It was not reported in MSM. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1