DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPECIALLY if W1 had doublecrossed him and kept 2ok. I think DW would throw him under the bus really quick for that.

But implicating W1 would implicate himself. I imagine he's not talking to LE at all! Especially if he's going to go with the I ate a bite of pizza I found lying in a dumpster and then someone took the box with the crust into the murder scene.... JK about that last part.

I find it hard to believe the young son was racing mid week. However, my kids choice of sports was football and basketball. They had practice mid week. I do not understand the sport enough to comment what is typical or not.

I have no idea if the son was really sick or suffered an injury. No info from his school which I totally understand. The only part I have a hard time understanding is he if did suffer a concussion and AS commented in the media...in the past..how challenging it is...why tell your husband you are going out and rush home because you are going "out". Maybe trying to send a red flag to SS?
When I was looking at his SM I checked the dates on two of his postings and one was a Friday and the other was a Monday.

the family she is now screaming she's estranged form and cut her out of the obituary..........so how would she get that info from them?

if she is in fact, really a family member.

JMO

If she is assumed to be the daughter of the estranged sister, LE may have given them information, OR they may well be connected via other family members, I think that is a lot more realistic than the idea that she is connected to the crime somehow??

Oh CARP, I left them off the list!!!

I still think they acted as lookout for DDW .. W1 .. reported to W2 and NG and of course facilitated the final drop offs to El Salvador .. it's all still connected!!

:lol:

YEP. So they each collected about 6k for their trouble.

I feel pretty stupid but I couldn't find the comments! :(

I couldn't at first either. Look for the symbol that looks like a comic-strip text bubble and click on it to get to the comments. I think it's near the top of the page. I haven't been to the page since it was first posted, so I'm going off memory. HTH.

I see your point, but if DW isn't talking (and apparently he's not) how will they know how much was actually delivered? DW could have stashed $$$ in Brooklyn and other places. JMO.

For all we know LE has questioned DW about it and even asked if he did. Then repeated his story 15 times looking for inconsistencies. LE may have scared DW so bad he sought advice of a lawyer who told him to not answer any more questions.

Well, DDW and friends had that money for a week before he was arrested. I am sure he spent some of that money doing whatever. And not sure they will just accept DDW's possible word that he didn't receive all that money.

IF W-1 is involved...I am pretty sure DDW would have said "YEAH, we got $40K but W-1 kept his half...and he was involved like this!"

DDW might not implicate his buddies he was found with, but I am sure he would have no trouble ratting out W-1. Since if he is involved, I would think he would be the "mastermind". Not DDW.

Of course, that is just my feelings on that...

I only wish I knew what inconsistent statements DW has made so far. It wouldn't be beyond procedure to play one against the other, several times.

I'm sure that's what LE are sorting out right now. I'm not convinced the audit is complete and LE is squeezing everyone to find out why.

Here's where JW's problem comes in. He supposedly delivered 40k to an unlocked car and police recovered ??? 10,000 plus some money orders and $100 bills. If any of it is missing they want to account for $40,000. They are calling for an audit and balance sheet of where the money went, every penny.

Let's wait until DCPD releases the count. The arrest papers report an estimate of over $10K in money orders, and in the box truck "in plain view a large stack of hundred dollar bills". And reports of two of those in the truck having cashed $2,500 each themselves.
DW had been on the run for a week already and we know he spent $1,000 on a ride back to DC

If she is assumed to be the daughter of the estranged sister, LE may have given them information, OR they may well be connected via other family members, I think that is a lot more realistic than the idea that she is connected to the crime somehow??

lets say one of those scenarios is right......why is she spreading this stuff online? lets say she's not involved.......she's just leaching off the family tragedy trying to get back in?

kinda like when jaycee dugard came home and her father who'd never bothered to see her before she was born showed up and 'demanded' a paternity test and to see her.

IF W-1 is involved...I am pretty sure DDW would have said "YEAH, we got $40K but W-1 kept his half...and he was involved like this!"

I don't think DDW would do that without a plea bargain. If he had done that all he would have done is provided a confession for not only himself but whoever else was involved. I think right now DDW just has a court assigned public defender and hasn't gotten a lawyer yet, which much of Ficker talks, he doesn't actually represent DDW.

1) How do you know that?
2) That doesn't make him a friend, especially if he was getting paid - that makes him an employee.

I don't know it for a fact. I would just assume he liked an innocent 10 yr old that had the same love for go-karting as he did.

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe he is a callous, coldblooded monster that was fine with the kid being set on fire alive. But NOTHING that I have seen that is any indication that he has a violent past or a criminal history. Unlike the man in jail now.

Let's wait until DCPD releases the count. The arrest papers report an estimate of over $10K in money orders, and in the box truck "in plain view a large stack of hundred dollar bills". And reports of two of those in the truck having cashed $2,500 each themselves.
DW had been on the run for a week already and we know he spent $1,000 on a ride back to DC

I agree it's all we can do. We can't forget 4 or 5 other people were released and DCPD is probably squeezing them too. Maybe even offer a plea bargain to some.

And I bet he gave some to his girlfriend and spent some at HJ and on various 'party' drugs with his entourage. Just a hunch.

But if he was involved in the cash ripoff, why would he send a pic of the cash to his girl? Surely he knew it would be seen by LE later on.

Well now with the GF as the photo recipient, I'm once again not sure what to think.

There seems to be something funny with the money beyond the photo. The charging docs did say there was no sign of "a manilla envelope, loose cash or any other items on the front seat or floor of the vehicle." Why would they bother to say that? It sounds like they thought money might be missing. And why the switch to an envelope anyway? I can still think of innocent reasons for those things. It's just peculiar to have to come up with so many for one witness - one who delivered all that money.

I wonder if there was something said in a voice mail or text that went unanswered that we are not privy to. Like, "where's the rest?" :)
We can only speculate, though, and I feel pretty useless doing that.

This case breaks my heart. Just like the Petites case brook my heart.
Good people along with their children, tortured, over dozens of hours and murdered in their own homes.
You have to know that they pleaded for their children's lives over these hours of horrors.
Both of these families did good deeds with the successes they earned during their lives.

Both families did not see the Evil coming. Would You?
What will always blow me away, is the mind set of these completely cruel human beings.
Absolute, cold blooded torture and murder.
I, personally do not think that people who invade a home, torture the family, and kill family members, can EVER be reformed.
EVER.

Well now with the GF as the photo recipient, I'm once again not sure what to think.

There seems to be something funny with the money beyond the photo. The charging docs did say there was no sign of "a manilla envelope, loose cash or any other items on the front seat or floor of the vehicle." Why would they bother to say that? It sounds like they thought money might be missing. And why the switch to an envelope anyway? I can still think of innocent reasons for those things. It's just peculiar to have to come up with so many for one witness - one who delivered all that money.

I wonder if there was something said in a voice mail or text that went unanswered that we are not privy to. Like, "where's the rest?" :)
We can only speculate, though, and I feel pretty useless doing that.

I am beyond confused why that report said that.

I mean, DDW took the money. Why would it still be in the car?

For all we know LE has questioned DW about it and even asked if he did. Then repeated his story 15 times looking for inconsistencies. LE may have scared DW so bad he sought advice of a lawyer who told him to not answer any more questions.

I only wish I knew what inconsistent statements DW has made so far. It wouldn't be beyond procedure to play one against the other, several times.

I'm sure that's what LE are sorting out right now. I'm not convinced the audit is complete and LE is squeezing everyone to find out why.
iirc LE said DW isn't talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member