DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have another angle on W-1 that I'm mulling. Supposedly his mother's house in Annapolis is for sale, and no one is living there anymore. Meanwhile, we have rumors that his father may have been living only a couple of blocks from Wint, in an area not far from AIW. What if W-1 had been living with his father after taking the job as an AIW employee as SS's driver, and met Wint in the neighborhood?

Unlike some people here (and in the media and LE), I don't yet believe that W-1 is part of a conspiracy. However, his compulsion to share through social media (images of the cars he drove for SS, texting photos of the cash to his girlfriend) could easily have extended to bragging to people in the neighborhood, gaining the attention of Wint.

Wint could have befriended W-1 and in the process re-stoked his anger toward SS, as he learned about SS's very opulent lifestyle and his privileged son, PS. This could have set in motion a plan for a home invasion in which Wint would instruct SS to use his driver W-1 as a courier to pick up cash.

So, Wint would be using W-1 as a dupe, pretending to be his friend while trying to learn as much as he could about SS's home and lifestyle, preparing for the home invasion.

After the murders, W-1 may have guessed that Wint was the killer and completely freaked out. This would cause him to lie to investigators and then completely lose his mind once police released the DNA result and named Wint as their suspect. This would explain why W-1 has disappeared from view completely, having no contact with the family in addition to the media. Also it would explain his mother taking off work for more than a week. They know that W-1 is neck deep in the murders, but not wittingly.

LE may even share this theory, which would explain why they are now trying to rattle his cage through the media (Fox 5).

Now that^^^ theory makes a lot of sense. I can easily see W1's SM stupidity and loose tongue helping to create this disaster.

I just don't believe he planned it or wanted it to happen. What good is 10 or 20 k to him when he has no job? 20k in DC does not last long at all. And he has no criminal history, nothing to point to a violent streak. Cannot believe he would want the boy to die like that. JMO

There are more than options than him being PS's mentor or him being fine with PS being set on fire. If you are wrong about JW being a mentor, it doesn't mean that he's a callous, coldblooded monster that's fine with the kid being set on fire.

I know. Sorry, I was being sarcastic. Just saying...

Probably true but I'd bet they got some initial statements from him before he got a lawyer. Assuming though

If the TV show "The First 48" is any indication, you're spot on. It has always baffled me why the first (& only) word out of their mouths isn't "LAWYER". Even if I was completely innocent in an investigation, that would be the ONLY thing they'd hear me say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably true but I'd bet they got some initial statements from him before he got a lawyer. Assuming though
That is what I am saying, he refused to make any statements. They only spoke to the others.

Yes. I googled one of their general mgr. jobs and part of the offering was the ability to 'earn' vacation time after 1 yr, free uniform, 50% off purchases. Looks like avg pay is around $20-24k

Aren't there people at the track that can teach the child to race? Why hire this guy for that reason but them have him doing errands? I think he knew JW from around the track and thought he was cool and that he'd be fun to have around and that he could use someone to do odd jobs and errands and whatnot. I doubt he hired this guy primarily to mentor the son.

I don't think he PRIMARILY was a mentor. But I am just going by what I have seen in my years working in a very upscale school district. Most of the 'successful' parents begin to focus their 8, 9 and 10 yr olds into a specific hobby or sport at a very young age. And they often hire 'experts' in that field as summer time 'companions' for the kid, instead of regular nannies. So if they want their
10 uyr old girl to be a track star or professional golfer, they pay top dollar to a college kid that does sport, for example. That way, instead of having a random nanny letting them watch tv, they pay someone who jogs with them or goes to putting practice instead.
I saw examples of that all of the time. So it just makes sense to me that SS would hire him, get to know him, then if he liked W1 well enough, Phillip would have had someone to take him carting and teach him things his dad did not know. JMO

If you look at W1' broke racer postings, he was very involved in the sport, and has a lot of knowledge perfect for a 10 yr old to absorb.

ETA: and i am not saying it is a good thing to force a 10 yr old into 'choosing' baseball or tennis and stick to it through college. Just saying that a lot of wealthy families do so and hire support systems in that fashion.

There is a pic of him at PS's gokart race where he mentions watching his boss's son race that day.

I don't see any other reason for SS to hire him out of the gokart track, where he had been fired, other than wanting him to help his son learn to race. JMO

He knew how to drive and was used to handling expensive cars. His website has since been taken down, but the handling those expensive cars through some company was one of the things he mentioned he did on the website. It would not have been his first rodeo dealing with expensive cars and in fact he's supposed to be a pro at it.

Now that^^^ theory makes a lot of sense. I can easily see W1's SM stupidity and loose tongue helping to create this disaster.

I just don't believe he planned it or wanted it to happen. What good is 10 or 20 k to him when he has no job? 20k in DC does not last long at all. And he has no criminal history, nothing to point to a violent streak. Cannot believe he would want the boy to die like that. JMO

Right, it never made sense that W-1 would want this to happen.

My theory also supports the idea that W-1 might actually be in protective custody right now, possibly along with his mother. He is the star witness who can put Wint away for life, in tandem with the DNA evidence. If my theory is correct, W-1 is potentially in grave danger, if Wint has any friends willing to commit murder on his behalf. W-1 may have already been threatened.

I don't know. It's been said on here that she was the first to break the $40K amount and if she had inside information, she may be a relative or would have to have some way of knowing the information by knowing a participant. They could be con artists who also were behind this where they got rid of the relative they were jealous of and maybe that branch of the family feels that SS cut them out of their inheritance and are going to be contesting the will. Actually if she did break the $40K, I'd be extremely curious how she knew that if her branch of the family had been disowned.

I'm behind so maybe someone else has thought this. The niece said her mother and the sister that talked to SS are full sisters. The aunt lives in Sarasota FL and the girl lives in a city nearby. Her mother also has an address in the same city as her daughter, as well as one in MD. The grandparents may no longer have contact with the daughter, but the sisters may see each other.

I can very much see JW being an unknowing accomplice who bragged and blabbed away on details he shouldn't have where DW would get lots of inside info without JW intending to be part of any crime or knowing he was assisting in one.

There are more than options than him being PS's mentor or him being fine with PS being set on fire. If you are wrong about JW being a mentor, it doesn't mean that he's a callous, coldblooded monster that's fine with the kid being set on fire.

Also, I just looked back at the post I was replying to. I had said : " I dont think W1 would have wanted his little friend to die."

And the reply was : " what makes you think he was his friend?"

SEE the connection and why I answered the way I did? The post did seem to imply that he DID have no issue with him dying, imo.

Interesting that the father is not proclaiming DW's innocence.

“What we do know is that this crime was egregious and heartless and we hope that whoever committed these heinous crimes - my son included - will suffer the consequences of their actions

I notice in the article the father is referred to as "Denis Witt" (not Wint). I assume these are just errors.

I am beyond confused why that report said that.

I mean, DDW took the money. Why would it still be in the car?

I don't know either. Maybe they found a red lined bag in the house? In which case, where is the envelope? Total speculation, of course.
This is why we can't get anywhere. The charging documents I think were just enough to land DW in jail without bail. I guess LE is keeping anything else they have to themselves until they need it.

Yeah but having a loose tongue and talking about your employer isn't illegal. He still could have been honest with LE about the money handling and later he could and should have let them know that he knew DW (if he knew him that is). But I am still not convinced he knew him.

Why he lied I think was a combo of embarrassment of the shallowness of his facination with the employers money, and fear that his previous actions would make him look suspicious.

I am just not convinced this guy was involved in the criminal part of it.

If LE is still suspicious of JW, that may be why - the correct code was entered, possibly multiple times and in multiple locations when a silent alarm could have been covertly sent. Knowing that there's tricks to the alarm system may be why LE thinks DW had to have had an accomplice.

Sorry SI if my post was misleading. I have no idea what type of alarm the home actually did have. A member mentioned that was the type of alarm they had and then I expanded on that. Apologies.

Also, I just looked back at the post I was replying to. I had said : " I dont think W1 would have wanted his little friend to die."

And the reply was : " what makes you think he was his friend?"

SEE the connection and why I answered the way I did? The post did seem to imply that he DID have no issue with him dying, imo.

I think you may have just misinterpreted it. I took it as saying he was paid to do a job as an employee - like a babysitter might not be a friend to a child but they're just hired to do a job rather than a babysitter automatically being friends. Questioning whether or not someone is a friend, it doesn't mean they're an enemy just if they have some other relationship besides specifically being a friend. NG for instance may not have been a friend to PS (just an employee doing what she's paid to do), but not being a friend doesn't mean she would want any harm to come to the child.

Well now with the GF as the photo recipient, I'm once again not sure what to think.

There seems to be something funny with the money beyond the photo. The charging docs did say there was no sign of "a manilla envelope, loose cash or any other items on the front seat or floor of the vehicle." Why would they bother to say that? It sounds like they thought money might be missing. And why the switch to an envelope anyway? I can still think of innocent reasons for those things. It's just peculiar to have to come up with so many for one witness - one who delivered all that money.

I wonder if there was something said in a voice mail or text that went unanswered that we are not privy to. Like, "where's the rest?" :)
We can only speculate, though, and I feel pretty useless doing that.

BBM. I thought that wording was odd too. But LE needed to put something in the arrest warrant affidavit to indicate that the money that was ostensibly placed in SS's garage the morning of the murders was no longer there after the murders. They couldn't be silent on that issue. Since W1 gave conflicting accounts about the money maybe that was the best language they could come up with.

I think you may have just misinterpreted it. I took it as saying he was paid to do a job as an employee - like a babysitter might not be a friend to a child but they're just hired to do a job rather than a babysitter automatically being friends. Questioning whether or not someone is a friend, it doesn't mean they're an enemy just if they have some other relationship besides specifically being a friend. NG for instance may not have been a friend to PS (just an employee doing what she's paid to do), but not being a friend doesn't mean she would want any harm to come to the child.

I guess, as a mom, I always liked to think the babysitter was a friend , not just a paid employee. I know I always cared for the kids I babysat for and saw them as friends. I hope most babysitters and nannies do feel that way. I never felt especially close to the parents who paid me, but I always felt a bond with the kids.

BBM. I thought that wording was odd too. But LE needed to put something in the arrest warrant affidavit to indicate that the money that was ostensibly placed in SS's garage the morning of the murders was no longer there after the murders. They couldn't be silent on that issue. Since W1 gave conflicting accounts about the money maybe that was the best language they could come up with.

That makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member