DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have another angle on W-1 that I'm mulling. Supposedly his mother's house in Annapolis is for sale, and no one is living there anymore. Meanwhile, we have rumors that his father may have been living only a couple of blocks from Wint, in an area not far from AIW. What if W-1 had been living with his father after taking the job as an AIW employee as SS's driver, and met Wint in the neighborhood?

Unlike some people here (and in the media and LE), I don't yet believe that W-1 is part of a conspiracy. However, his compulsion to share through social media (images of the cars he drove for SS, texting photos of the cash to his girlfriend) could easily have extended to bragging to people in the neighborhood, gaining the attention of Wint.

Wint could have befriended W-1 and in the process re-stoked his anger toward SS, as he learned about SS's very opulent lifestyle and his privileged son, PS. This could have set in motion a plan for a home invasion in which Wint would instruct SS to use his driver W-1 as a courier to pick up cash.

So, Wint would be using W-1 as a dupe, pretending to be his friend while trying to learn as much as he could about SS's home and lifestyle, preparing for the home invasion.

After the murders, W-1 may have guessed that Wint was the killer and completely freaked out. This would cause him to lie to investigators and then completely lose his mind once police released the DNA result and named Wint as their suspect. This would explain why W-1 has disappeared from view, having no contact with the family in addition to the media, not even for "no comment." Also it would explain his mother taking off work for more than a week. They know that W-1 is neck deep in the murders, but not wittingly.

LE may even share this theory, which would explain why they are now trying to rattle his cage through the media (Fox 5).

I agree it's all we can do. We can't forget 4 or 5 other people were released and DCPD is probably squeezing them too. Maybe even offer a plea bargain to some.

I still am baffled why those 4-5 people were released. Isn't there some sort of charge to hold them? I'm hoping it will eventually make sense.

I am beyond confused why that report said that.

I mean, DDW took the money. Why would it still be in the car?

Maybe because the charging documents were written in support of the arrest of DDW and they had to establish that money had been taken from the car by DDW?

Well now with the GF as the photo recipient, I'm once again not sure what to think.

There seems to be something funny with the money beyond the photo. The charging docs did say there was no sign of "a manilla envelope, loose cash or any other items on the front seat or floor of the vehicle." Why would they bother to say that? It sounds like they thought money might be missing. And why the switch to an envelope anyway? I can still think of innocent reasons for those things. It's just peculiar to have to come up with so many for one witness - one who delivered all that money.

I wonder if there was something said in a voice mail or text that went unanswered that we are not privy to. Like, "where's the rest?" :)
We can only speculate, though, and I feel pretty useless doing that.

Yes, we can only speculate at this point. I'm wondering if he put the money in his red bag and took the photo because it looked cooler and more impressive in the red bag than in a regular manila envelope. Was he posturing for his gf - "look at the stash I carry around, so stylishly." Perhaps she would recognize the red bag as his and associate all that money in his bag with him.

Just a wild guess.

I'm also wondering how they found gf to interview? Perhaps through W1's phone? IDK.

JMO, as always.

I still am baffled why those 4-5 people were released. Isn't there some sort of charge to hold them? I'm hoping it will eventually make sense.

A strategic move to follow their activities and gain more info, their freedom may not last long. It could last longer if they cooperate. I'm sure they all are having a coming to Jesus moment in their lives.

I thought there was a limit to how long you could hold people without establishing probable cause. Perhaps they know they can establish probable cause and it's just not that big a priority since the whole crew got involved after the fact, so LE is not rushing in light of other activities related to the crime? Or maybe they are hoping that one or more of them will do something really stupid, and they are being tailed so that LE can take advantage of that moment?

Is it possible that the $40,000 was supposed to be delivered to the S's home but never was? And the money DW was caught with came from a safe in the house?

This crossed my mind as I was pondering why le mentioned that there was no sign of an envelope in the car. It's an odd thing to say because I would expect the envelope to be picked up with the cash.

I am beyond confused why that report said that.

I mean, DDW took the money. Why would it still be in the car?

I think they are saying they did a quick inspection of the car and the ransom had been picked up because there was no sign of the money and the Manila envelope it was to be left in found inside the car
JMO

Has LE come out with any more info? I am just stopping in so I don't miss anything important as all of this re hashing could be answered on the first couple of threads. I can't take it anymore. So much bad information out there in the past couple of days.

I have another angle on W-1 that I'm mulling. Supposedly his mother's house in Annapolis is for sale, and no one is living there anymore. Meanwhile, we have rumors that his father may have been living only a couple of blocks from Wint, in an area not far from AIW. What if W-1 had been living with his father after taking the job as an AIW employee as SS's driver, and met Wint in the neighborhood?

Yep. I could buy that W1's involvement was minimal (though I'm not convinced), but I think that at a minimum, the paths of those two crossed and that crossing was somehow related to what happened.

Has LE come out with any name info since, say, yesterday? I am just stopping in so I don't miss anything important as all of this re hashing could be answered on the first couple of threads. I can't take it anymore. So much bad information out there in the past couple of days.

We found out that W2 is actually the drivers girlfriend, and that's who he texted a pic of the money to .. that's about it I think?

I've heard that said on here before, but I don't know the source of that. JW described his job to LE as driving SS to and from work and doing other daily assignments for SS.

There is a pic of him at PS's gokart race where he mentions watching his boss's son race that day.

I don't see any other reason for SS to hire him out of the gokart track, where he had been fired, other than wanting him to help his son learn to race. JMO

Has LE come out with any more info? I am just stopping in so I don't miss anything important as all of this re hashing could be answered on the first couple of threads. I can't take it anymore. So much bad information out there in the past couple of days.

Sorry, but what?

i dont understand it.........they could hold them from up to 24 to 72 hours (depending on what the law is there) but they let them go in just a few.......if they are involved in the crime or are just accesssories afterwards and are waiting for them to hang themselves outside of jail i think their making a big mistake.

A strategic move to follow their activities and gain more info, their freedom may not last long. It could last longer if they cooperate. I'm sure they all are having a coming to Jesus moment in their lives.

I cringe, though, thinking that perhaps they are getting some "street cred" by being associated with a high-profile crime. I hope not!

(I know I can't pull off the lingo and even typing "street cred" feels ridiculous.)

JMO.

There is a pic of him at PS's gokart race where he mentions watching his boss's son race that day.

I don't see any other reason for SS to hire him out of the gokart track, where he had been fired, other than wanting him to help his son learn to race. JMO

Aren't there people at the track that can teach the child to race? Why hire this guy for that reason but them have him doing errands? I think he knew JW from around the track and thought he was cool and that he'd be fun to have around and that he could use someone to do odd jobs and errands and whatnot. I doubt he hired this guy primarily to mentor the son.

In SS's position, if I agreed to submit to any calls at all, I would try to think of anyone in law enforcement or the courts (DAs, prosecutors, attorneys) I knew personally, and call them on their cell phone. I would use the pretext that they were someone else entirely, such as a banker or CFO.

"Steve, I've got an interesting situation here and could use your help. I really need to get $40,000 in cash to my house on a deadline. I need the cash in my hands by 10am this morning at latest, and I'd knew you'd be just the right person to call in this situation. You'd know exactly who to call and could keep this hush hush. I don't want to raise an alarm or a ruckus here. Also I've got Amy and Philip at home here with me, but Amy's tied up and can't help. Do you think you can handle this for me?"

While they might laugh off the request at first reaction, doubling down would get their attention. And yes, they'd know who to call.

Respectfully, it is impossible to know what was going on in that house and whether SS was instructed what to say. As for calling others he might know personally, unless they were close friends, I doubt he would have their numbers programmed into his phone. Second-guessing the situation isn't fair to SS.

JMO

Fmr FBI profiler Mary Ellen O'Toole: accomplices in #Savopoulos murders likely to "fracture," talk to cops. @wusa9

@wusa9 If a group was involved, it's a lot easier to get someone to talk.

I don't know it for a fact. I would just assume he liked an innocent 10 yr old that had the same love for go-karting as he did.

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe he is a callous, coldblooded monster that was fine with the kid being set on fire alive. But NOTHING that I have seen that is any indication that he has a violent past or a criminal history. Unlike the man in jail now.

There are more than options than him being PS's mentor or him being fine with PS being set on fire. If you are wrong about JW being a mentor, it doesn't mean that he's a callous, coldblooded monster that's fine with the kid being set on fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1