DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been stated here by a car enthusiast that the Mosler was in fact not a $700,000 car but more like $200,000. I still would not park mine on the street ;-)

I think the idea of siphoning gas from a family car is spot on. That eliminates the need for Wint to carry gas, which is heavy, awkward, and smelly. But how did he get to the house that day? LE has said that he was watching the house, so the car-jacking theory is out. If he took the bus, are there cameras on city buses? I think there are.

The Audi is red also.

IIRC, the Charging Statements said W1 was to leave the money in the red car in the garage. That vagueness is weird considering all the car-heads involved, including W1. Wonder why the make of the car is not in the Doc? Significant or not?

You can see the grayish tan colored Range Rover SUV in this slide show (see picture 20).

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29066982/four-dead-fire

It was parked right in front of the house.

If gas was siphoned from one of the family cars parked outside (if they couldn't get gas from the Mosler) this would have been the logical vehicle because the gas filler faces the sidewalk and so a person siphoning gas would be less noticeable.
Yes, that's the car, imo. Portions of it can also be seen in slides #23, #28, and #30 in that same series. Good find, Kevin.

Like the Amerit in Wint's convoy?

But what was he going to do with Amerit? Cars aren't missing.
The one car taken was burned.
I really can't believe their plan was to go to a guarded crime scene to take the car.

I think the idea of siphoning gas from a family car is spot on. That eliminates the need for Wint to carry gas, which is heavy, awkward, and smelly. But how did he get to the house that day? LE has said that he was watching the house, so the car-jacking theory is out. If he took the bus, are there cameras on city buses? I think there are.

He probably took the Metro to Woodley Park/Zoo and then walked up Cleveland Avenue towards Woodland Drive, or transferred from an earlier Metro station onto a bus, such as the N2 that runs up Massachusetts Avenue. Short walk for either option. However, I wonder how DDW could have staked out the house for much time during the day. He would stick out like a sore thumb on quiet, leafy, genteel Woodland Drive, if he were just lurking behind a shrub or sitting on a curb. Nearby on Garfield Street there have been many guys wearing work-vests for months, due to STA's massive sports-facilities renovation project. DDW may have donned a vest to look like one of those workers taking a stroll during his lunch break.

Someone asked earlier if Philip had gone to school on Wednesday. He stayed home all that week due to his concussion. If only he hadn't gotten concussed, he would have been safe at school that awful day. Wait -that probably wouldn't have mattered because DDW (et al?) started the whole thing after school hours anyway. Ugh.

I really can't believe their plan was to go to a guarded crime scene to take the car.

But perhaps someone who worked as a roving mechanic encountered the SS family, and, having known them from past employment, hatched the robbery plan. ?? Worth considering.

u
Yes, that's the car, imo. Portions of it can also be seen in slides #23, #28, and #30 in that same series. Good find, Kevin.

Reviewing Google Street View again, it does appear that the S family liked to park at least one car across the street from their house on 32nd Street. Here is the red Audi across the street from their driveway:

KUrj3o.jpg

In the shot above, the Land Rover is parked alone in the driveway, with the red Audi parked across the street, even while there is available street parking on the S house side of the street.

That feels rude to me, but I'm not attuned to the social politics of Zone 3 permit parking.

To be clear, there is a "No parking anytime" sign on the telephone pole in front of the S house, for the roadway from that pole to the corner. But, this still leaves space for one car just shy of the pole, and another space on the other side of the driveway, both of which are available:

bjO1yT.jpg

I suppose, however, if they parked in the second space indicated, they would have a harder time backing out of the driveway, due to the parked car creating a blind spot. As for the first space, maybe they considered this a hazard, relatively close to the intersection. So, their solution was to park in front of their neighbor's house. If their neighbors welcomed this, then it's not rude.

He probably took the Metro to Woodley Park/Zoo and then walked up Cleveland Avenue towards Woodland Drive, or transferred from an earlier Metro station onto a bus, such as the N2 that runs up Massachusetts Avenue. Short walk for either option. However, I wonder how DDW could have staked out the house for much time during the day. He would stick out like a sore thumb on quiet, leafy, genteel Woodland Drive, if he were just lurking behind a shrub or sitting on a curb. Nearby on Garfield Street there have been many guys wearing work-vests for months, due to STA's massive sports-facilities renovation project. DDW may have donned a vest to look like one of those workers taking a stroll during his lunch break.

Someone asked earlier if Philip had gone to school on Wednesday. He stayed home all that week due to his concussion. If only he hadn't gotten concussed, he would have been safe at school that awful day. Wait -that probably wouldn't have mattered because DDW (et al?) started the whole thing after school hours anyway. Ugh.

Thank you for joining us................we really appreciate the info.............WELCOME!!!

I don't think we know one way or the other as to what all was taken. For all we know the S family had vehicles in multiple locations and we don't know the condition of the cars at the house nor of anything taken inside the house. If you're dealing with a thief and a professional mechanic, they'd know the parts to strip and how to strip then fast. If it is a Wint family member who works for Amerit and that was their work vehicle, I think it's reasonable to think that the mechanic co-conspirator would have some interest in profiting off the vehicles in one way or another as part of the score with car parts even being their share of the loot.

Great observation about the gas door being open. Earlier I speculated that Wint might have siphoned gas from one of the family cars, or forced SS to do this.

Are you sure about the Land Rover being spotted parked on the street? Where has it been since that time, if it's only being towed away now?

I think the car you're thinking about is a Ford, shown in this distant shot in front of the police van:

7824729_G.jpg

This may be a detail shot of the same vehicle:

7815833_G.jpg

The first shot shows the white Porsche SUV and red Audi parked in the driveway. This means that the Mosler and the Land Rover could have been the cars parked inside the garage that day. W-1 may have had the Bentley. And SS may have come home in the Porsche 911.

If the Land Rover were in the garage, it would be a logical candidate for use in siphoning gas. The door would be left open in case Wint decided he wanted to siphon more gas.

That's what I said earlier. I think there were so many LE vehicles around, that it would have been in the way. I think that vehicle was in the garage, too.

I think police would have said if any cars were missing, since they would be looking for the cars.

I don't think we know one way or the other as to what all was taken. For all we know the S family had vehicles in multiple locations and we don't know the condition of the cars at the house nor of anything taken inside the house. If you're dealing with a thief and a professional mechanic, they'd know the parts to strip and how to strip then fast. If it is a Wint family member who works for Amerit and that was their work vehicle, I think it's reasonable to think that the mechanic co-conspirator would have some interest in profiting off the vehicles in one way or another as part of the score with car parts even being their share of the loot.

Just brainstorming here....could a perp have stripped the cars in the garage while the other perp was with the hostages during the overnight hours??

jd Thanks for posting the photos...............interesting.........do we have a time period on his photo?
I'm thinking that SS may of rubbed people he wrong way..........???
I have a neighbor that everyone complains about (attorney) that no rules apply to his family..........just saying.

You can see the grayish tan colored Range Rover SUV in this slide show (see picture 20).

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/29066982/four-dead-fire

It was parked right in front of the house.

If gas was siphoned from one of the family cars parked outside (if they couldn't get gas from the Mosler) this would have been the logical vehicle because the gas filler faces the sidewalk and so a person siphoning gas would be less noticeable.

Yup...there it is. Thanks!

Reviewing Google Street View again, it does appear that the S family liked to park at least one car across the street from their house on 32nd Street. Here is the red Audi across the street from their driveway:

KUrj3o.jpg

In the shot above, the Land Rover is parked alone in the driveway, with the red Audi parked across the street, even while there is available street parking on the S house side of the street.

That feels rude to me, but I'm not attuned to the social politics of Zone 3 permit parking.

To be clear, there is a "No parking anytime" sign on the telephone pole in front of the S house, for the roadway from that pole to the corner. But, this still leaves space for one car just shy of the pole, and another space on the other side of the driveway, both of which are available:

bjO1yT.jpg

I suppose, however, if they parked in the second space indicated, they would have a harder time backing out of the driveway, due to the parked car creating a blind spot. As for the first space, maybe they considered this a hazard, relatively close to the intersection. So, their solution was to park in front of their neighbor's house. If their neighbors welcomed this, then it's not rude.

He appears to be parked in front of his own driveway imo. What I find rude is someone parking across from your driveway when they can park in their driveway or in front of their own dang house but I digress :blushing:

He appears to be parked in front of his own driveway imo. What I find rude is someone parking across from your driveway when they can park in their driveway or in front of their own dang house but I digress :blushing:

I'm also not seeing anything rude about parking there. ?

I wonder if the Amerit mechanics wear green vests? Could it be that this box truck was in neighborhood spying plain sight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1