DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The car that as burnt..........why? what was the reason, what was perp thinking? evidence? that would draw attention so fast........why not abandon it?

Just brainstorming here....could a perp have stripped the cars in the garage while the other perp was with the hostages during the overnight hours??

Well, yes, but none of the cars towed looked to be stripped.

The car that as burnt..........why? what was the reason, what was perp thinking? evidence? that would draw attention so fast........why not abandon it?

Likely the same reason perp burned the house down. Didn't want to leave evidence.

Just brainstorming here....could a perp have stripped the cars in the garage while the other perp was with the hostages during the overnight hours??

I don't know anything that would stop that. One of JW's was speculated duties was to move the cars around and with SS being a car nut, moving cars around by whoever was involved wouldn't be an unusual activity that would draw attention.

I don't know anything that would stop that. One of JW's was speculated duties was to move the cars around and with SS being a car nut, moving cars around by whoever was involved wouldn't be an unusual activity that would draw attention.

yes and neighbors, friends, housekeepers would never suspect wrong doing. Maybe someone 'talked' about the house and cars being easy targets and Wint heard about it for quick cash.
The Cutter family was murdered (50 years ago) on a rumor. An inmate told others in jail the family had a safe loaded with cash in the house, rumor no safe, no money...............(In Cold Blood)

How can you tell by pictures that things like airbags, engine parts, etc are intact just looking at the exterior of the vehicles? Airbags for instance are commonly stolen:
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/01/airbag-thefts-increase-in-d-c-area-84162.html

If you want to steal airbags from the car parked on the street, why would you need to hold family hostage and then kill them? And why would you need to target expensive rare cars for airbags? Like the article said, airbag thieves target popular common models, not rare cars.

If you want to steal airbags from the car parked on the street, why would you need to hold family hostage and then kill them? And why would you need to target expensive rare cars for airbags?

I was thinking the same, hold 4 people hostage order pizza steal airbags then murder people, torch house and take porche and torch it too. I'm thinking not. jmo idk

our friend rebuilds antigue cars and is always looking for strange parts that are expensive, under the hood stuff (windshield water bottles, little things )

But one pizza not eaten at all.
Other pizza 3/4 eaten. Doesn't suggest a whole bunch of perps.

why not order 2 the same that Wint liked and ate? He was hungry............
the plain pizza? not eaten at all...............someone not hungry???
wasn't for the victim I am sure.

why not order 2 the same that Wint liked and ate? He was hungry............
the plain pizza? not eaten at all...............someone not hungry???
wasn't for the victim I am sure.

I think they were for the victim TBH. I posted awhile ago that I think Amy may have tried to convince Wint in a nice way "look please let me feed my kid... he's hungry. Look, we can just order a pizza! He's only 10, please let me feed him" I do not think they figured this man would kill them. I think they thought that once the money was delivered, he would leave.

I really believe something happened between noon and the time that Wint left. I think the murders were impulsive and he did it quickly and on the way out. Something went wrong.

None of the cheese pizza was eaten. If pizza was ordered to "feed the kid" why is none of it missing? Not even a single piece. I am also pretty sure that the murders were planned from the start.
Suspect used to work for AIW. Thus, there is a good chance SS remembered him.
He would know he was going to be arrested if SS was still alive.

why was wallace hired just months ago? Surely there was another 'personal assistant and driver' before wallace.
Did someone convince SS wallace was THE man??
How did wallace get his position? do we know?

None of the cheese pizza was eaten. If pizza was ordered to "feed the kid" why is none of it missing? Not even a single piece. I am also pretty sure that the murders were planned from the start.
Suspect used to work for AIW. Thus, there is a good chance SS remembered him.
He would know he was going to be arrested if SS was still alive.

As a mother, I KNOW that I would try to keep my kid in a most comfortable position throughout this entire ordeal. I would try to convince the man to let me please feed my child. Especially since he was noted as having a concussion. He was home sick, only 10 years old. Please let me feed my kid. When the pizza arrived, PS could have said he didn't want any. You can't force a kid to eat. I don't see how you're so sure that the murders were planned from the start. Also, I am not sure but is AIW a pretty big company? I'm not sure how many employees they have but Im not so sure that SS would remember DW. He could have been masked. We are all guessing here.

If you want to steal airbags from the car parked on the street, why would you need to hold family hostage and then kill them? And why would you need to target expensive rare cars for airbags? Like the article said, airbag thieves target popular common models, not rare cars.

Because I didn't say that was the motive for this. I said car parts could be a motive where if one of the participants was a mechanic they could even want to be paid in the stolen parts as their cut, which airbags were merely an example of one type of car part not that airbags are the only car part that could be stolen. There can be multiple reasons why a crime is committed with different motivations and goals of each of the participants and each participant themselves can have multiple motivations and goals. You don't need to spend days plotting to kidnap and kill 4 people for a mere $40K, yet that at minimum was done so that is why people are looking for multiple motives in the first place.

I think they were for the victim TBH. I posted awhile ago that I think Amy may have tried to convince Wint in a nice way "look please let me feed my kid... he's hungry. Look, we can just order a pizza! He's only 10, please let me feed him" I do not think they figured this man would kill them. I think they thought that once the money was delivered, he would leave.

I really believe something happened between noon and the time that Wint left. I think the murders were impulsive and he did it quickly and on the way out. Something went wrong.

The pizza was ordered at night. She may have convinced him to order it and something pissed him off and he didn't give it to him and instead tortured him more.

why was wallace hired just months ago? Surely there was another 'personal assistant and driver' before wallace.
Did someone convince SS wallace was THE man??
How did wallace get his position? do we know?

Read the article Nikki80 posted

The pizza was ordered at night. She may have convinced him to order it and something pissed him off and he didn't give it to him and instead tortured him more.

Read the article Nikki80 posted

my gut says mom couldn't talk to wint............JMOO he kept them separated and gagged................like in other family murders. JMOO Wint was only out for his own cruel evil ways,
have I missed ...........is here a connection between wint and wallace? win lost his job? and wallace got his job around he same time?

I don't know that Wint had a job. He listed himself as "self-employed" on facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1