DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also very interesting that he was replaced as PS's coach by another guy not long before that. And he was only hired by SS in April.

He probably took the Metro to Woodley Park/Zoo and then walked up Cleveland Avenue towards Woodland Drive, or transferred from an earlier Metro station onto a bus, such as the N2 that runs up Massachusetts Avenue. Short walk for either option. However, I wonder how DDW could have staked out the house for much time during the day. He would stick out like a sore thumb on quiet, leafy, genteel Woodland Drive, if he were just lurking behind a shrub or sitting on a curb. Nearby on Garfield Street there have been many guys wearing work-vests for months, due to STA's massive sports-facilities renovation project. DDW may have donned a vest to look like one of those workers taking a stroll during his lunch break.

Someone asked earlier if Philip had gone to school on Wednesday. He stayed home all that week due to his concussion. If only he hadn't gotten concussed, he would have been safe at school that awful day. Wait -that probably wouldn't have mattered because DDW (et al?) started the whole thing after school hours anyway. Ugh.

It's great to hear from a local voice. :welcome: to WS!

The green vest in burnt Porsche to me... is paramount clue? Also the Amerit box truck
in DWs entourage driven by DW brother. Im still on the fence about JW... Although,
another post indicated that they wear green vests at race car track.
It's clear that they used this vest to look like hired help and that they belonged in neighborhood.

It is also interesting that I haven't heard a single person say something incriminating about JW. Oh yeah, and the addresses not being recent.

I don't think DW cared about feeding this family.

Reviewing Google Street View again, it does appear that the S family liked to park at least one car across the street from their house on 32nd Street. Here is the red Audi across the street from their driveway:

KUrj3o.jpg

In the shot above, the Land Rover is parked alone in the driveway, with the red Audi parked across the street, even while there is available street parking on the S house side of the street.

That feels rude to me, but I'm not attuned to the social politics of Zone 3 permit parking.

To be clear, there is a "No parking anytime" sign on the telephone pole in front of the S house, for the roadway from that pole to the corner. But, this still leaves space for one car just shy of the pole, and another space on the other side of the driveway, both of which are available:

bjO1yT.jpg

I suppose, however, if they parked in the second space indicated, they would have a harder time backing out of the driveway, due to the parked car creating a blind spot. As for the first space, maybe they considered this a hazard, relatively close to the intersection. So, their solution was to park in front of their neighbor's house. If their neighbors welcomed this, then it's not rude.

Maybe there were cars already parked there in front of their house, when they parked in front of the neighbors house.

I agree. Two pizzas were ordered. Only 3/4 of one eaten, other not touched. That could easily be done by one man, maybe two.
It's very unlikely family got any pizza.

But perhaps someone who worked as a roving mechanic encountered the SS family, and, having known them from past employment, hatched the robbery plan. ?? Worth considering.

Also, any parts of any of any of the cars owned by Mr S are worth A LOT of money. The rims, tires, interior...all worth big bucks and no VIN number to contend with.

None of the cheese pizza was eaten. If pizza was ordered to "feed the kid" why is none of it missing? Not even a single piece. I am also pretty sure that the murders were planned from the start.
Suspect used to work for AIW. Thus, there is a good chance SS remembered him.
He would know he was going to be arrested if SS was still alive.
Ummmm, maybe he was to traumatized to eat? Unless you were there....I don't think you can say the pizza was for sure not ordered for the child. We can all have our thoughts and opinions here...that's what makes websleuths so great. :)

Also, any parts of any of any of the cars owned by Mr S are worth A LOT of money. The rims, tires, interior...all worth big bucks and no VIN number to contend with.

Cars still have rims, tires. From what I can see in the photos, they don't look stripped.

Cars still have rims, tires. From what I can see in the photos, they don't look stripped.

First, we don't know what the actual plan put together by the perps was. Second, I haven't seen photos of the Mosler or Bentley after the murders.

I'm also not seeing anything rude about parking there. ?
I think in context it's probably not, for reasons relating to the safest places to park on the street. However, at least in suburban neighborhoods where I've lived, the parking in front of one's house / own curb is implied to be for the use of the owners and their guests, with the exception of parties, etc that obviously need more parking. Personally I find it annoying to have a neighbor's car become the view from our front window, on a regular basis, or to have that car block parking for my own guests.

However, this is city parking, and I meant what I said about not knowing the social politics of Zone 3 permits. The S family has struck me as being very socially gracious, so I defer to their judgment and that of anyone else with Zone 3 permit experience.

Ummmm, maybe he was to traumatized to eat? Unless you were there....I don't think you can say the pizza was for sure not orders for the child. We can all have our thoughts and opinions here...that's what makes websleuths so great. :)

I agree.

I think it is possible that DH PRETENDED that he was going to let them all live, He probably kept promising them that when the money arrived, he would leave them be. So he might have ordered the cheese pizza and said " Here, have some dinner.."

But no one could actually stomach it at the time, except the psychopath...

Sitting on pins and needles waiting for the next arrest!

I am waiting for the next info leak/doc release

It's also very interesting that he was replaced as PS's coach by another guy not long before that. And he was only hired by SS in April.

SS demoting JW to just being a driver and assistant could be a motive as that would send a message that SS isn't going to be his racing meal ticket as he had hoped...plus SS could have been hinting to JW that his probationary period was coming to an end and he probably wasn't going to be kept on in any paid capacity. The murders also might not have been planned, but happened once the kidnapping happened, but if you only conspired to take part in one crime and it turns into another, you'd still be on the hook for felony murder even if you hadn't plotted the murder and didn't know or approve of that happening. If this was a plot with JW not intending murder as part of it, there would be a strong motivation to give yourself an alibi by placing yourself away from the scene of the crime (which if the idea as JW saw it was the S family would live, JW wouldn't be there). JW on one hand doesn't seem like someone who would plot to kill or who would have anything to do with DW, but on the other hand JW may have seen that his dreams were quickly crumbling before his eyes and became desperate. With the S family following him on Twitter, I'd don't think he'd say anything negative about his employer knowing that they're watching him.

Even thinking about their situation makes me too traumatized to eat. The pizza could have been the captors' idea, or maybe SS or AS thought by suggesting they order pizza they might have an opportunity to get help. I doubt in the scheme of things they were not too worried about PS skipping dinner.

Even thinking about their situation makes me too traumatized to eat. The pizza could have been the captors' idea, or maybe SS or AS thought by suggesting they order pizza they might have an opportunity to get help. I doubt in the scheme of things they were not too worried about PS skipping dinner.

I was thinking maybe an opportunity to overpower even.

Excellent article ...

<snip>

Savopoulos hired [W-1] in mid April to be his driver and personal assistant. Immediately [W-1] began posting photographs of him driving the Savopoulos fleet of high end sports cars and tweeting about his new job &#8220;Driving for a #DC CEO&#8221;.

While I still don't think W-1 is part of a conspiracy, it appears he was hired only 1 month before the murders. This unfortunately paints a bulls-eye on his back for some role, even if unwitting. I continue to lean toward the theory that W-1 may have unwittingly led on Wint or associates of Wint by talking or sharing too much. If that's the case, that's a heavy load to carry the rest of his days. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1