DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Look to the purpose of the charging document. VG has no direct connection to charging Wint while W1 does because he had to drop off the money.

Shaming him by recounting his "lies" and discrepancies was not necessary IMO. If they believe that the last story he told is truthful, that is the only version the public needs to know.

No need to "witness-shame" by detailing the difficulty they had in getting him to tell the truth.

I believe it is significant. Every word on the charging doc would be vetted for release. They wanted the public to know that he lied.

I think they want HIM to know that they do NOT believe he has told them all he knows.

Some here have said that they just can't connect W-1 with an individual like DW. But we don't know if that is the connection.

What about the cousin or whomever works for the mobile truck repair company? Did that company service vehicles as the Go-Kart track?

W-1 also wrote on his FB that he worked for a company prior to that...who rent luxury vehicles like the ones SS owned. They also provide a service where you can drive one, experience the car it for an hour. Would the mobile repair service have dealt with THAT business?

Perhaps W-1 knows the cousin...who might be a skilled tech who knows a lot about luxury cars, etc. Wouldn't those two have a lot in common!

The connection does not have to be thru DW.

But we don't know anything like that. Pure speculation. And I am SO curious about that box truck!

But we do know W-1 was "witness-shamed" when that document could have simply given the last version he told.

If LE believes it....that is.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the employee to pick up the money, bring it back to AIW where he could put it in a sealed package and give that to the driver?

The affidavit states W-1 watched the employee enter the bank. To me that means W-1 stayed in the parking lot and did not enter the bank himself. The employee brought the money out of the bank in his pockets, which makes sense rather than carry 4 stacks in his hands. The employee then handed the cash to W-1 who put the money in a red bag. He then drove to the residence and placed the money in a manilla envelope that was already inside the vehicle. This is stated clearly in the affidavit.

I googled the Bank of America and SS's business. Google says they are 12 minutes apart. Yet W-1 had to accompany the other employee, according to "instructions."

I'd like to see this all on a map. Now maybe the Bank is closer to SS's house.

But maybe not.

Shaming him by recounting his "lies" and discrepancies was not necessary IMO. If they believe that the last story he told is truthful, that U.S. The only version the public needs to know.

No need to "witness-shame" by detailing the difficulty they had in getting him to tell the truth.

I believe it is significant. Every word on the charging doc would be vetted for release. They wanted the public to know that he lied.

I think they want HIM to know that they do NOT believe he has told them all he knows.

Some here have said that they just can't connect W-1 with an individual like DW. But we don't know if that is the connection.

What about the cousin or whomever works for the mobile truck repair company? Did that company service vehicles as the Go-Kart track? W-1 also wrote on his FB that he worked for a company prior to that "Imagine Rentals"...who rent luxury vehicles like the ones SS owned. They also provide a service where you can drive one, experience it for an hour...something like that. Would the mobile repair service have dealt with THAT business?
maybe

Perhaps W-1 knows the cousin...who might be a skilled tech who knows a lot about luxury cars, etc. would t those two have a lot in common!

The connection does not have to be thru DW.

But we don't know anything like that. Pure speculation. And I am SO curious about that box truck!

But we do know W-1 was "witness-shamed" when that document could have simply given the last version he told.

If LE believes it....that is.

I think LE is pissed off big time that W1 lied. Lies in an investigation are damaging. They want the truth out of him, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty of anything to do with the crime itself.

Why did he lie? Tough question. I think part of it is he looked stupid in some of his actions - sending the photo to his girlfriend for example - and wanted to avoid looking stupid (that didn't work!). I think part of it is because he feels terrible he didn't realize the money drop was ransom and he is distancing himself from any possibility that he could've known. I also think he has a life-long habit of lying to make himself look good.

He was super stupid to lie to LE, but I'm not ready to think the lies mean he's connected to the crime. (I'm willing to change my mind, but not yet.)

Makes sense to me that LE would pressure W1 because they need the full story to properly investigate - and because I'm sure they are pissed at him.

JMO.

Help!!! Any Wash DC geographically-savvy peeps, pls??? Traffic & distances? Does ^ meet-at-AIW instrux take longer than meet-at-BOA? Or less time?
Thx in adv.

To answer that question you would need to know the location of the bank. It's assumed that the bank was close to AIW. It draws less suspicion by waiting for an employee at the job rather than in a bank parking lot before it opens.

You know, that is a really great question. I would never forgive my husband if he ran out the door and my child was killed. I would expect him to risk his own life for our children. And I would expect me to do the same. I think though that my husband probably thinks more along the lines of the way you did.

Nothing to forgive. An impossible situation. I believe it is very difficult to get concealed carry permit in DC? If my husband had such a permit in DC, he would have had the gun on his person upon entering the house. If unable to obtain such a permit, we would not be living in DC, no way, no how.

The affidavit states W-1 watched the employee enter the bank. To me that means W-1 stayed in the parking lot and did not enter the bank himself. The employee brought the money out of the bank in his pockets, which makes sense rather than carry 4 stacks in his hands. The employee then handed the cash to W-1 who put the money in a red bag. He then drove to the residence and placed the money in a manilla envelope that was already inside the vehicle. This is stated clearly in the affidavit.

Page 3 of the charging docs: "W-1 and the other employee walked into the bank at which time....."

All the details might be super important to LE, but a witness might not realize how important it is.
There are three discrepancies (when W1 first heard from SS, what was the money in, and whether car was locked or unlocked).
I am not sure why LE put into affidavit that witness lied. Possibly, they suspected W1 before DW's DNA results came back. I hope it doesn't come back to bite them in the behind, because presumably W1 will have to testify at trial.

I think LE is pissed off big time that W1 lied. Lies in an investigation are damaging. They want the truth out of him, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty of anything to do with the crime itself.

Why did he lie? Tough question. I think part of it is he looked stupid in some of his actions - sending the photo to his girlfriend for example - and wanted to avoid looking stupid (that didn't work!). I think part of it is because he feels terrible he didn't realize the money drop was ransom and he is distancing himself from any possibility that he could've known. I also think he has a life-long habit of lying to make himself look good.

He was super stupid to lie to LE, but I'm not ready to think the lies mean he's connected to the crime. (I'm willing to change my mind, but not yet.)

Makes sense to me that LE would pressure W1 because they need the full story to properly investigate - and because I'm sure they are pissed at him.

JMO.

Yes. There really are bits and pieces here that would support either theory - that he's involved or that he is not. I tipped into the "involved" column really because of timing, the new hire, the rolling garage, things like that. It could all turn out to just be coincidence, though. But it's a lot of them in my mind. But then, I'm kind of naturally suspicious...

JMO.

What do you think they would be pressuring him about...if they believe he has told them the truth in his last version?

I think you are right...they are pressuring him. But that means, to me, that they are NOT satisfied with his story as it stands.

I'm abandoning ship. This stuff is too addicting and we don't have any new information. I like thinking through scenarios, giving an opinion only to have someone make a good argument against it right after!

Keep up the good work, theories, etc. We're not going to solve it with what we have right now, but it will surely be interesting to see what shakes out in the near future if there are more arrests. There have to be more (the brother was in the rolling garage convoy, for example...).

If it is true about the gun, IMO it is very telling to the police. If it is missing, somehow the suspect(s) knew about it, and confiscated it right away. If it is still there it would show that SS or even AS never had the opportunity to retrieve it. Especially if it was loaded. Leading me to believe they were bound to the chairs from the start.
I still believe there is more to this than the suspect(s) going after the family for ransIn or cars. Just my opinion.

To me that contradicts that they weren't particularly concerned about their safety because they lived near the VP. The placement of where the gun was seems to me that they had it for protection and they used this security measure knowing that it could endanger their son's life (I think if it wasn't for protection they could have easily put it far out of reach of their son and it wouldn't have to be in the bedroom and they also put a gun lock on but choose not in order to be able to quickly use the gun if the needed arose), so if they're going to do that I'd think they're going to do other things as well, just NG might not know what the Ss are doing. The Ss could have a very expensive and advanced security system where you can do settings by zone and leaving the garage door open might not necessarily mean that the security system was turned off. I don't necessarily believe NG, but if there was a gun in the house that leaves less margin of error for DW. I wonder if VF knew about the gun and how widely it was known about the gun by the family staff (which SS could have told them where it was with the intent they'd use it if the Ss couldn't), which if VF knew as well there be even less margin of error for DW.

Interesting. Early on, NG claimed security system was always on. Now, it's always never on? Was it always on or almost never on?
It can be one or the other, but it can't be both.

IMO, when she said it was "always on", I think that is because of the chime it made whenever a door was opened. "ON" is different than "ARMED". But that is just my take on her different statements.

Found this somewhat interesting

D.C. Mansion Murders: Daron Dylan Wint Was Apprehended Thanks to DNA But Some States Allow Less Testing Than Others - HNGN Legal Analyst Heather Hansen Explains

The methods law enforcement used to identify and arrest Wint raises some concerns about the balance between DNA collection and civil liberties - and how DNA searches vary from state to state.

<snip>

However, some states allow for collection of DNA from people who have been arrested for a serious offense. There are 28 states which allow for such collection, along with the federal criminal justice system. Different states have different requirements, but two-thirds allow for the collection (usually via a mouth swab) after an arrest. Others allow the same after an arraignment where probable cause has been proven. There are still 22 states that do not allow for such collection at all.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/95543/...s-daron-dylan-wint-apprehended-thanks-dna.htm

I used to think it was too intrusive but in any instance where fingerprints are permitted to be retained, why not DNA? DNA is just a tool like fingerprints. IMO.

I am sure he would use any excuse to make a call to the outside world. NG was NOT scheduled to come Thurs. But SS let DW think she was so that SS had an excuse to contact her. Also, I bet we will find that DW is the one who specifically ordered that JW make the drop off. Because JW was in on the money part of the crime.

IMO, when she said it was "always on", I think that is because of the chime it made whenever a door was opened. "ON" is different than "ARMED". But that is just my take on her different statements.

Then what did she mean by saying "They never really had it on, especially because the house was so close to the vice president,"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/3...-to-police-about-details-40000-cash-delivery/

What does them having security system on or not have to do with house being close to the vice president's? And if she thinks that system is on because it chimes, why is she now saying they never really had it on? The same thing with the money. She tells one journalist she knew about the money, she tells others she knew nothing about the money.
Then there is aggressive watch dog, Labrador named Ginger, who was supposed to have been acting as a security system.
I don't think she is involved with this at all, but I find her an unreliable witness.

For all we know LE has video from a neighboring house that isn't good enough to ID anyone and would have no reason to release to the public, but is good enough to show in blurry stick figures what had been going on in the street leading up to the events and LE has confirmed that some of the blurry stick figures didn't belong.

Not sure if it has been mentioned before. I have been following along as much as I can, but haven't read every post.

There are camera's on the house directly across the street from the driveway and garage are of the home. The address of the house is 2808 32nd St NW. Here is a link to the street view of the house showing the cameras. https://www.google.com/maps/@38.926...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1svCMaGRccGMD8V0MBBHuaBQ!2e0

And a picture of the house with arrows pointing to the cameras.

SS Neigbor.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member