DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time hearing this

Guitierrez told FoxNews.com the couple had a gun they hid inside a closet in the master bedroom and said they sometimes moved it underneath the bed so "Philip wouldn't find it." She also said the family seldom turned on their security system and often left open their garage, where Guitierrez said she believes the killer or killers entered.

"They never really had it on, especially because the house was so close to the vice president," Guitierrez said of the alarm system.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/3...-to-police-about-details-40000-cash-delivery/

Hmmm .. I thought she may have decided to stop talking to media, guess not. Also, who on gods green earth wouldn't worry about the alarm because the vice pres lived a couple of streets away? As usual her statement makes no sense and is not helpful.

Charging documents mentioned JW's lies before DW was located and arrested.
Great point; thank you for the clarification. Indeed the documents are dated May 19, days before DW was apprehended. Thanks again for highlighting that.

Interesting. Early on, NG claimed security system was always on. Now, it's always never on? Was it always on or almost never on?
It can be one or the other, but it can't be both.

Everything is both with NG! :)

Useful to know they had a gun. Also useful to know it was not a secret from employees where it was kept. If it's true - NG's statements have been anything but reliable. NG said the exact opposite about the security system at first. She said it was always on, even windows. Always.

Exactly. If it's true. Today, she says they had a gun and sometimes kept it under the bed. Tomorrow, who knows.

Well, those are the lies we know about because those are the lies that law enforcement has made public (no doubt they're holding back other discrepancies/issues related to Jordan as they continue to investigate).

Why would DW share info? If he can document the involvement of others and diminish his role, it could potentially help him secure a more favorable deal with the US Attorney for the District of Columbia (life with possibly of parole vs life with no possibility of parole).

Yeah, I don't think DW has started talking yet. For now, apparently he doesn't even like pizza. Haha. If several people were involved they will all eventually turn on each other to save their own skins. JMO

I have seen some posts about victim blaming, etc and I don't agree with that at all. I find the posts about what SS could have/should have done as thought provoking and interesting. I think we all believe SS did everything in his power to save his family. He was obviously a very smart and strong man. Whatever happened in there was way outside of his control.

I do find the conversations useful though in case I'm ever in any type of similar situation. Even when you see experts on TV talking about how to act in an abduction scenario, they always say the situation may be different for different people and at the end of the day, just do whatever you think will help you stay alive (i.e. fight back or concede). I think it's the same in this type of home invasion scenario as well.

In a robbery type situation, I've always seen advice to comply and give the money, etc.
Which is what happened here, but they all ended up dead.

Yeah, I don't think DW has started talking yet. For now, apparently he doesn't even like pizza. Haha. If several people were involved they will all eventually turn on each other to save their own skins. JMO

I think DW likes pizza just fine. It's the pizza crust he doesn't like.

Hmmm .. I thought she may have decided to stop talking to media, guess not. Also, who on gods green earth wouldn't worry about the alarm because the vice pres lived a couple of streets away? As usual her statement makes no sense and is not helpful.

Yes, anyone paying attention to this case knows that VG has made contradictory statements. Some might even call them lies.

But what I find interesting and potentially very significant...is that VG was never subjected to "witness-shaming" in the charging document, was she?

Only W-1 has been singled out and his discrepancies called "lies" in some instances. Now why would that be, if all other information is equal? Why would the contradictions of one witness be made high profile and brought to the attention of media, family, and those following the case? Why would inconsistencies of another be ignored?

Why just W-1.singled out for witness-shaming?

If it's not because of significant and relevant reasons, why else would it be? VG's different tales have not been woven into the narrative of the charging doc.

The witness-shaming of W-1 has some significance of importance. IMO

Why not put it directly in the manila envelope that he had with him because it seemed more business-like/SS told him to bring it, skipping the red bag altogether?

I think he didn't use the manila envelope from the start because W1 assumed he would be handing the money directly to SS. He didn't receive instructions to leave the in the car until W1 called SS ten minutes before he arrived at the house.

It was then he put the money in the envelope rather than leave his own bag, which he may want to keep for his own use. I really don't think W1 knew he was delivering ransom money.

We are all seeing the bundle of money as ransom money, but I don't think W1 had any idea.

jmo

Yes, anyone paying attention to this case knows that VG has made contradictory statements. Some might even call them lies.

But what I find interesting and potentially very significant...is that VG was never subjected to "witness-shaming" in the charging document, was she?

Only W-1 has been singled out and his discrepancies called "lies" in some instances. Now why would that be, if all other information is equal? Why would the contradictions of one witness be made high profile and brought to the attention of media, family, and those following the case? Why would inconsistencies of another be ignored?

Why just W-1.singled out for witness-shaming?

If it's not because of significant and relevant reasons, why else would it be? VG's different tales have not been woven into the narrative of the charging doc.

The witness-shaming of W-1 has some significance of importance. IMO

Look to the purpose of the charging document. VG has no direct connection to charging Wint while W1 does because he had to drop off the money.

Learning the info from NG that they had a gun in the master bedroom saddens me. They were literally feet from it since that's where they were bound. If only somehow SS or AS had been able to break free and get the gun. ....

Learning the info from NG that they had a gun in the master bedroom saddens me. They were literally feet from it since that's where they were bound. If only somehow SS or AS had been able to break free and get the gun. ....

But we don't know it was loaded.

When it comes to AG as a source, I'm not automatically believing it. I don't think she's involved with the crime, but I do take her versions with a grain of salt.

I think he didn't use the manila envelope from the start because W1 assumed he would be handing the money directly to SS. He didn't receive instructions to leave the in the car until W1 called SS ten minutes before he arrived at the house.

It was then he put the money in the envelope rather than leave his own bag, which he may want to keep for his own use. I really don't think W1 knew he was delivering ransom money.

We are all seeing the bundle of money as ransom money, but I don't think W1 had any idea.

jmo

This is a good point.

Why not put it directly in the manila envelope that he had with him because it seemed more business-like/SS told him to bring it, skipping the red bag altogether?

Because the affidavit states the manila envelope was in the car. W-1 switched the cash from the red bag to the manilla envelope that was on the car seat.

I would think that the witness who saw the well-groomed driver could point out if it was JW driving the Porsche or DW driving the Porsche. In my opinion, DW is much darker than JW. I realize that the windows may have been tinted, but they were still able to describe the driver as "well groomed".

Just want to say I also thought this until I saw pictures of JW that accompanied the so-called "Breaking News" about him that we at Websleuths were already aware of. In those pictures, JW complexion was darker than I'd seen in previous photos and his hair was much more closely cropped, IMO. He appeared more African-American to me. I've also seen quite a few photos of DW and his complexion has ranged from quite dark to much lighter. I think all a product of available lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz