DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I googled the Bank of America and SS's business. Google says they are 12 minutes apart. Yet W-1 had to accompany the other employee, according to "instructions."

I'd like to see this all on a map. Now maybe the Bank is closer to SS's house.

But maybe not.

IMO, the reason that the AIW senior employee who took the money out of the bank would probably ask more questions at the house when dropping off the money. Plus, the senior employee is not an "errand boy". That is what JW does. Plus, he is the least likely to ask questions.

I think some are forgetting that SS made it perfectly clear to all of the players in this that this all had to happen quick, fast and in a hurry!! (Well, we don't have proof of that, but does anyone think that this was NOT conveyed?)

I have no doubt that SS conveyed this to everyone - DO THIS IMMEDIATELY...for example, the auction is at this specific time, and I have to leave the house by this time so MAKE SURE you get here ASAP!!!

So the person who took the money out of the bank didn't take the time to drive back to AIW to meet JW. He met him there, in order to pick it up from him and then head to SS house.

I think it was 100s, because that's what they found in the truck at arrest. I was wondering why anyone would put $40,000 in their pockets in front of people, but then I realized that the bank may have still been closed when they picked up the money. Still seems weird. If JW went into the bank with the employee, why wouldn't the employee just hold the stacks as s/he walked the distance from the banker to the driver in the lobby? None of this really makes sense...

If somehow SS was able to get the bank manager to let them come in before lobby hours, that then would stretch out how long the Ss were alive afterward and why SS was calling JW at noon, which itself would raise issues as to the timeline of what happened. I don't know why the money wasn't immediately handed to JW if JW was in the bank with the AIW employee watching what is happening. I think what LE may be getting at with some of this is they doubt there was ever a manila envelope and other such things that raise their suspicion.

Then what did she mean by saying "They never really had it on, especially because the house was so close to the vice president,"

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/3...-to-police-about-details-40000-cash-delivery/

What does them having security system on or not have to do with house being close to the vice president's? And if she thinks that system is on because it chimes, why is she now saying they never really had it on? The same thing with the money. She tells one journalist she knew about the money, she tells others she knew nothing about the money.
Then there is aggressive watch dog, Labrador named Ginger, who was supposed to have been acting as a security system.
I don't think she is involved with this at all, but I find her an unreliable witness.

Well, the dog was a Chesapeake Retriever, not a Lab, and some here have said they are actually more territorial and good watch dogs. And there was a quote posted here from one of AS's friends. The second Chessie was still a young dog, and that AS was still trying to work with the older dog to be more friendly. So I do believe there is something to the story.

That being said, I don't know why the dogs didn't react to this whole thing. Some have thought they might have been drugged. As much as I hate hearing that, it is not out of the realm of possibility. Of course, that would have to be part of the theory that this crime was staked out and planned.

Which again, to me, makes more sense. I am not saying dogs are the best crime deterrent...but as a single woman who lived alone for almost 15 years (live with my 84 yo Dad now), I felt safe having my 4 dogs. All of my neighbors knew I didn't let them bark - not to say they didn't, just that I would put a stop to it - and if they didn't stop, to come investigate why. None of them would hurt a fly, and would lick your skin off before biting you. But they made a heck of a racket if someone came around!!

Our "favorite" lawyer is hoping to get the job of representing DW. Not "fully hired" yet, whatever that means.

"Though Ficker plans to meet with Wint at jail this weekend and has represented the former Marine recruit in past, unrelated cases, he has not yet been fully hired and has not signed a contract with the family -- though he may."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/lawyer-dc-mansion-murder-suspect-daron-wint-eat/story?id=31411220

Like how DW says 'self-employed' maybe 'not fully hired' is how Ficker says it - in other words he's not employed by DW/family. Ficker would be great for the sale of popcorn, but not great for DW's defense.

She knew they "sometimes" kept the gun under the bed. And chose to reveal that in MSM.

Not sure what creeps me out more.

If it is true about the gun, IMO it is very telling to the police. If it is missing, somehow the suspect(s) knew about it, and confiscated it right away. If it is still there it would show that SS or even AS never had the opportunity to retrieve it. Especially if it was loaded. Leading me to believe they were bound to the chairs from the start.
I still believe there is more to this than the suspect(s) going after the family for ransIn or cars. Just my opinion.

If it is missing I would think it is because DW and co found the gun while looking for loot and didn't use it because of the noise and/or it wasn't loaded.

Well, the dog was a Chesapeake Retriever, not a Lab, and some here have said they are actually more territorial and good watch dogs. And there was a quote posted here from one of AS's friends. The second Chessie was still a young dog, and that AS was still trying to work with the older dog to be more friendly. So I do believe there is something to the story.

That being said, I don't know why the dogs didn't react to this whole thing. Some have thought they might have been drugged. As much as I hate hearing that, it is not out of the realm of possibility. Of course, that would have to be part of the theory that this crime was staked out and planned.

Which again, to me, makes more sense. I am not saying dogs are the best crime deterrent...but as a single woman who lived alone for almost 15 years (live with my 84 yo Dad now), I felt safe having my 4 dogs. All of my neighbors knew I didn't let them bark - not to say they didn't, just that I would put a stop to it - and if they didn't stop, to come investigate why. None of them would hurt a fly, and would lick your skin off before biting you. But they made a heck of a racket if someone came around!!

She called him a Labrador.

Not sure if it has been mentioned before. I have been following along as much as I can, but haven't read every post.

There are camera's on the house directly across the street from the driveway and garage are of the home. The address of the house is 2808 32nd St NW. Here is a link to the street view of the house showing the cameras. https://www.google.com/maps/@38.926...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1svCMaGRccGMD8V0MBBHuaBQ!2e0

And a picture of the house with arrows pointing to the cameras.

View attachment 75595

Someone posted yesterday this home belongs to the Australian Embassy (either owned by the Embassy, or the home of the Australian Ambassador). So it makes perfect sense there are cameras.

But that is quite a distance to the SS home...even though it is just across the street. I doubt they are pointed to the SS home, and are more pointed at the surrounding grounds.

Though I have no doubt that LE has investigated this angle. But I would suspect there is nothing on it, because DW and his cohorts (if they exist) would not have been seen on it.

Can I be petty for a minute? That chain link fencing surprises me - even if it is black. I would think they would have rod iron fencing, like is seen next door. Chain link fencing is and looks cheap (don't take offense, that is why I have on my backyard! LOL!!)

She knew they "sometimes" kept the gun under the bed. And chose to reveal that in MSM.

Not sure what creeps me out more.

Well...it can't be used against them now, sadly. Not like someone can use the information that a gun, possibly loaded, kept under their bed to break in and use the gun on the family now. I get it could be inappropriate, like much of what she has said to the MSM. But I don't see any harm in that.

I think some are forgetting that SS made it perfectly clear to all of the players in this that this all had to happen quick, fast and in a hurry!! (Well, we don't have proof of that, but does anyone think that this was NOT conveyed?)

I have no doubt that SS conveyed this to everyone - DO THIS IMMEDIATELY...for example, the auction is at this specific time, and I have to leave the house by this time so MAKE SURE you get here ASAP!!!

Yes and we have doofus who is taking pictures and texting someone about it. Perhaps the banker let them in before lobby hours and the text was sent after the drop-off with the pictures inside SS's car and that to me raises interesting questions, which if that was a case it would make him less of a doofus and more serious about completing the mission, but then wonder what had been going on since around 9 AM for him to be called at noon and the fire to be noticed at 1:15. If the photos are inside Mosler and it looks like there's money missing rather than it being when he got the money with the photos inside the car he was driving that could be what is really setting off LE.

Labrador is a type of a retriever.

UUMMMM...I am well aware of that?!?! LOL!!! But their dogs were NOT Labs!! Which is why I said that NG probably wouldn't be aware of the difference.

In the last thread near the end there was some ongoing back and forth discussion regarding the Savopoulos' parking of their cars on 32nd Street across from the driveway of their home.

Some expressed concern about neighborly protocols, etc. From the very beginning I have been curious about that property across 32nd Street. Specifically because of the set back and because of the fence.

So, what I have determined, at least to my own satisfaction, is that the property directly across the street on 32nd Street is owned by the Government of The Commonwealth of Australia and is part of the official residence of the Australian Ambassador which fronts on 3120 Cleveland Avenue and backs on Woodland Drive (unsure of exact address of house that can be seen on Woodland but it is a 3100 blk address). Anyhow, its all part of the official residence of the Australian Ambassador, imo.

Therefore, from Google aerials, it appears to me that the Australian Ambassador has a considerable amount of his own off street parking available for hired help and visitors (except for maybe a big party) that he probably isn't too worried about a car or two parking next to the property on 32nd Street.

Not sure if it has been mentioned before. I have been following along as much as I can, but haven't read every post.

There are camera's on the house directly across the street from the driveway and garage are of the home. The address of the house is 2808 32nd St NW. Here is a link to the street view of the house showing the cameras. https://www.google.com/maps/@38.926...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1svCMaGRccGMD8V0MBBHuaBQ!2e0

And a picture of the house with arrows pointing to the cameras.

View attachment 75595
I wanted to draw your attention to a post (#21, this thread) that I made yesterday regarding that property.

Good work spotting those cameras! I would imagine the neighborhood is alive with cameras and hopefully they have already played into and will continue to help in the solving of this crime.

Yes and we have doofus who is taking pictures and texting someone about it. Perhaps the banker let them in before lobby hours and the text was sent after the drop-off with the pictures inside SS's car and that to me raises interesting questions, which if that was a case it would make him less of a doofus and more serious about completing the mission, but then wonder what had been going on since around 9 AM for him to be called at noon and the fire to be noticed at 1:15. If the photos are inside Mosler and it looks like there's money missing rather than it being when he got the money with the photos inside the car he was driving that could be what is really setting off LE.

We have had this conversation. It takes mere seconds to snap a picture. It could have been done while he was sitting at a light, which happens a lot in DC. We have absolutely no idea that the photo was taken in the Mosler, and I would be very surprised that it was. Especially since the red bag was not left in the Mosler, but the money was in a Manilla envelope.

And while we don't know when the text was sent, again that takes a matter of seconds. I can snap a pic of my dog and send a text of it to my friend in less than 10 seconds. If I add dialogue of what my dog is doing, increase that to maybe 20 seconds.

IMO, the reason that the AIW senior employee who took the money out of the bank would probably ask more questions at the house when dropping off the money. Plus, the senior employee is not an "errand boy". That is what JW does. Plus, he is the least likely to ask questions.

So the person who took the money out of the bank didn't take the time to drive back to AIW to meet JW. He met him there, in order to pick it up from him and then head to SS house.

They could have video that would tell them what had gone on in the street to confirm whether or not some group belonged but without the detail to ID who it was. They could just have pixels where it's clear they are wearing green shirts and checking with the neighbors that nobody hired them and they weren't sent by the city.

If somehow SS was able to get the bank manager to let them come in before lobby hours, that then would stretch out how long the Ss were alive afterward and why SS was calling JW at noon, which itself would raise issues as to the timeline of what happened. I don't know why the money wasn't immediately handed to JW if JW was in the bank with the AIW employee watching what is happening. I think what LE may be getting at with some of this is they doubt there was ever a manila envelope and other such things that raise their suspicion.

Someone brought this up earlier...and it made sense to me...the Manilla envelope was in the Mosler.

SS (could have) told JW to put the money in the seat of the Mosler, where he had left a Manilla envelope. The person who brought this up said it was in the charging documents. I read those a couple of times, but they were so chopped up and confusing, that I haven't gone back to verify this.

Perhaps Mr S was instructed to have Jordan meet the employee who is an authorized signatory on the AIW bank account at the bank in order to expedite the delivery of the funds to the house.

I wonder if the expected amount was delivered... Perhaps the reason that law enforcement is aware of Jordan's lies is that DW exposed Jordan's lies during his interrogation following his arrest; I can't think of another way law enforcement would be aware of those very specific details that Jordan lied about...

I was thinking that JW was questioned by police the day of the fire, while DW was not caught for another week. Is that timing correct? Would be interesting if DW ratted out JW.

I think LE is pissed off big time that W1 lied. Lies in an investigation are damaging. They want the truth out of him, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty of anything to do with the crime itself.

Why did he lie? Tough question. I think part of it is he looked stupid in some of his actions - sending the photo to his girlfriend for example - and wanted to avoid looking stupid (that didn't work!). I think part of it is because he feels terrible he didn't realize the money drop was ransom and he is distancing himself from any possibility that he could've known. I also think he has a life-long habit of lying to make himself look good.

He was super stupid to lie to LE, but I'm not ready to think the lies mean he's connected to the crime. (I'm willing to change my mind, but not yet.)

Makes sense to me that LE would pressure W1 because they need the full story to properly investigate - and because I'm sure they are pissed at him.

JMO.
I have wondered if W1 might have lied thinking he was helping SS. Maybe he thought SS was up to something. I know its farfetched but its a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz