DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for finding that. The reporter on there also says the police think there was no forced entry into the home, which could mean that they were held captive before 3 p.m. since that is the time VF was supposed to leave. Reporter says police think the person used the lime green vest as a way to gain entry, as a way of showing he was part of people who had done previous work on the home.

It's also been reported that NG wasn't supposed to come on Thursday anyway, because she was helping with the new Dojo that week on other days.

I've seen it speculated here but not in MSM - do you have a link?

Then why didn't they take the car/cars Weds night and sell them to this buyer? I mean if the cars were part of this plan why weren't any of them already gone before Thursday morning? Unless, it is because JW would have noticed and he was not a part of this?

We don't know what was done to the cars there if anything was stripped from them and also plans could have gone awry. If one of those involved worked for Amerit, they could have been called to a job site where if they didn't show up for that the truck would have been reported as stolen with them named as a suspect in that theft, so they had to settle for other things they could get that didn't involve the truck that night. Amerit employees don't necessarily work 8-5 and I've seen jobs posted with odd night hours for mechanics. If there wasn't something big involved, it seems odd to use the box truck as there's no need for it.

Thanks for finding that. The reporter on there also says the police think there was no forced entry into the home, which could mean that they were held captive before 3 p.m. since that is the time VF was supposed to leave. Reporter says police think the person used the lime green vest as a way to gain entry, as a way of showing he was part of people who had done previous work on the home.

Yes. They say there had been paving work going on in the neighborhood and they think the suspect(s) watched the home before the invasion

NG also said, very early on, that SS told her earlier in the week to help out at the dojo three days that week INSTEAD of cleaning their house on Thursday. If someone has the link that would be great.

There's an interview with her speaking directly to a reporter and she said that they had saved her life by telling her not to come, at no point does anyone say she had plans to be elsewhere: [video=youtube;kt05krw6QVI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt05krw6QVI[/video] (2:32)

"Gutierrez said in the interview that Savvas Savopoulos had asked her to help at the studio on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, instead of at the couple’s home on Thursday."

Taken from: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html
She also said that security system was alwas on, then it was almost never on.
That she knew about the money, only she knew nothing about the money.
I don't suspect she is involved in anything, but I very much doubt we could rely on her statements.

NG also said, very early on, that SS told her earlier in the week to help out at the dojo three days that week INSTEAD of cleaning their house on Thursday. If someone has the link that would be great.

"Gutierrez said in the interview that Savvas Savopoulos had asked her to help at the studio on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, instead of at the couple’s home on Thursday."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

Here ya go.

I guess she and all the reports are simply inconsistent -- here's a video of her saying her life was saved by the text saying that she shouldn't come to the house, and shows the texts:

[video=youtube;yfVJY-nAEX8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfVJY-nAEX8[/video]

She also said that security system was alwas on, then it was almost never on.
That she knew about the money, only she knew nothing about the money.
I don't suspect she is involved in anything, but I very much doubt we could rely on her statements.

She's lost all credibility to me.

It's hard to pull off the crime of this magnitude, with controlling multiple people, making them to make phone calls, by one person.
So I can understand where LE is coming from. I am curious if they have any evidence to support that idea, though. Seems if there were any physical evidence against someone else, addional arrests would have been made.

I think there has to be something more or else LE is just acting as DW's defender with LE themselves providing the seeds of reasonable doubt, which if the DNA gets thrown out or is undermined and you've got LE saying others were involved, DW could walk based on what LE themselves had said. Also keep in mind there was physical evidence to others related to the crime when the convoy was stopped with the cash on them and evidence of two of them having been paid $2500, yet they're home free. I think the strongest clue known publicly is the fingerprint, which with DW as an ex-con with many run-ins with the law they've gotta have his fingerprints and were sending a message to whoever those fingerprints belong to.

She's lost all credibility to me.

So basically, we just don't know one way or another whether she had plans to be at the house. Can't say with confidence that she was or wasn't.

So basically, we just don't know one way or another whether she had plans to be at the house. Can't say with confidence that she was or wasn't.
Based on what has been reported, I have absolutely no clue if she was going to show up there or not.

I think there has to be something more or else LE is just acting as DW's defender with LE themselves providing the seeds of reasonable doubt, which if the DNA gets thrown out or is undermined and you've got LE saying others were involved, DW could walk based on what LE themselves had said. Also keep in mind there was physical evidence to others related to the crime when the convoy was stopped with the cash on them and evidence of two of them having been paid $2500, yet they're home free. I think the strongest clue known publicly is the fingerprint, which with DW as an ex-con with many run-ins with the law they've gotta have his fingerprints and were sending a message to whoever those fingerprints belong to.

That's what I am afraid of. If they don't have strong evidence somebody else was involved, they are providing ammunition to the defense.

An article in people stated that the 3 cars that were towed had attempted to be stolen or tampered with. BTW, what ever happened to AS's Porsche SUV?

It was a complete speculation on why LE might be removing the cars.

Except for the rolling van, everything points to money, not cars, being the motive. I think the Porsche was primarily the getaway car. Perhaps he hoped to sell it but didn't have that thought out

If he hadn't torched the house, I wonder how long it would have been until the murders were discovered? Probably it would have been another 12-24 hours before discovery. In that scenario, he might have had time to sell the car.

Does anyone have a link to JW's father being retired LE?

I think he/they were trying to get whatever they could, including an expensive car or two. Wint and his gangster brother in the rolling garage could be part of a fencing operation. Maybe somebody who knows how to sell stolen cars asked if they could get a particular model car. It's not a coincidence that once Wint had money to spend on help, he spent it on a rolling garage.

Except for the rolling van, everything points to money, not cars, being the motive. I think the Porsche was primarily the getaway car. Perhaps he hoped to sell it but didn't have that thought out

If he hadn't torched the house, I wonder how long it would have been until the murders were discovered? Probably it would have been another 12-24 hours before discovery. In that scenario, he might have had time to sell the car.

Does anyone have a link to JW's father being retired LE?

I think he/they were trying to get whatever they could, including an expensive car or two. Wint and his gangster brother in the rolling garage could be part of a fencing operation. Maybe somebody who knows how to sell stolen cars asked if they could get a particular model car. It's not a coincidence that once Wint had money to spend on help, he spent it on a rolling garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1