DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he/they were trying to get whatever they could, including an expensive car or two. Wint and his gangster brother in the rolling garage could be part of a fencing operation. Maybe somebody who knows how to sell stolen cars asked if they could get a particular model car. It's not a coincidence that once Wint had money to spend on help, he spent it on a rolling garage.

That's interesting that you said he paid for a rolling garage. I had just been assuming that someone connected with this was in this business and had access to one.

I think he/they were trying to get whatever they could, including an expensive car or two. Wint and his gangster brother in the rolling garage could be part of a fencing operation. Maybe somebody who knows how to sell stolen cars asked if they could get a particular model car. It's not a coincidence that once Wint had money to spend on help, he spent it on a rolling garage.

I thought you had to be employed by Amerit to have access to the trucks. Do they rent those "rolling garage" trucks??

That's interesting that you said he paid for a rolling garage. I had just been assuming that someone connected with this was in this business and had access to one.

In whichever case it might be, I was also just assuming he would pay a connection who had access to one.

In whichever case it might be, I was also just assuming he would pay a connection who had access to one.

With the two that were paid $2500 each, it could have been for use of the truck and whatever they were going to do with it. I think whoever got $2500 wasn't getting paid for their part in being in the house, but for something lesser, like something done after-the-fact.

With the two that were paid $2500 each, it could have been for use of the truck and whatever they were going to do with it. I think whoever got $2500 wasn't getting paid for their part in being in the house, but for something lesser, like something done after-the-fact.

IMO they were being paid for helping convert $40k into money orders

I'm thinking (?) DW came back to DC to scramble up all the money he could,and with the Box truck turning up... it seems that autos must play into this crime. Has
The Bentley and Porsche SUV been accounted for yet?

I'm wishing they would have followed DW's caravan to see where they were going and what turned up?

Who was paid $2500? As I recall, they were given that money to convert the money into money order. Money orders were found when Wint was arrested.

The People article quotes Roscoe Howard (former prosecutor who has inserted himself in the case) speculating as to why the cars were towed, not LE

http://www.people.com/article/dc-mansion-murders-3-vehicles-towed-savopoulos-family-home

And, IMO, if those cars had been tampered with and were needed as evidence, they would have been towed long before 2 weeks after the crime. It doesn't make sense that they would have been sitting out there, in the elements, and possible rain and wind/sun degrading evidence. I also have no doubt in my mind that LEO had taken at least a quick look to see if the cars had been "torn apart" (since welding has been discussed). If the insides were not completely intact, they would have been evidence long before.

Who was paid $2500? As I recall, they were given that money to convert the money into money order. Money orders were found when Wint was arrested.

Well. That's what they said. I'm sure we can trust all of Wint's friends/acquaitances and his gangster brother to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but. :) That seems an awfully steep price to pay to me.... just sayin'.

Well. That's what they said. I'm sure we can trust all of Wint's friends/acquaitances and his gangster brother to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but. :) That seems an awfully steep price to pay to me.... just sayin'.

Maybe they were converting the cash because they were going to go buy/pay for something you can't buy/pay for with cash. Storage locker? Transport van for a car?

I guess we can respectfully disagree. I see no reason for him to have deleted his social media when the murders first happened.
I don't find anything odd about deleting all SM if you're involved in a public scenario. I'd do the same. It's different when most of your friends/followers are the ones reading your posts. When it becomes thousands of people following a crime case, that is a different story.

So you are therefore assuming they were headed back to the house that night - a week later - to what...take the remaining cars? I don't care how stupid one is...and how brazen they are because of what they had already pulled off...that the same person would then, a week later, go back to the scene of the crime that is still under police protection to dismantle the cars, in the middle of the night while being a wanted man hunted by every LEO on the Eastern Seaboard.

I thought you had to be employed by Amerit to have access to the trucks. Do they rent those "rolling garage" trucks??

I think that's right and I think LE has to know a bit that we don't based on that.

So you are therefore assuming they were headed back to the house that night - a week later - to what...take the remaining cars? I don't care how stupid one is...and how brazen they are because of what they had already pulled off...that the same person would then, a week later, go back to the scene of the crime that is still under police protection to dismantle the cars, in the middle of the night while being a wanted man hunted by every LEO on the Eastern Seaboard.

Maybe Wint steals cars as a hobby. Maybe he's got several in mind that he already stole unrelated to this crime and can now get them ready to fence because he's got the money and a team...

Is there a link that the vehicles towed WERE tampered with? TIA

Is it possible that a car was taken during the night, but police hasn't talked about it for some reason? Are all cars accounted for?
SS family sure had a lot of cars.

O/T - Beau Biden, VP Joe Biden's son, has died from brain cancer. How tragic! And Secretary of State, John Kerry, suffered a femur break while riding a bike. Tough day for our Highest Officials!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricardo55