DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we get more info soon! I wonder if we'll hear something after the funerals?

You said you were sure many of his errands were assigned a day or so in advance. I simply asked how you could be sure.

In my experience, most CEO's have very crowded schedules. They have many meetings, trips, conference calls, booked and scheduled. So I am 'sure' that a driver would have many of his errands assigned a day or so in advance.

The Dojo was scheduled for it's Grand Opening on Friday. Wouldn't you imagine that there were errands scheduled to prepare for that opening that were set up a day or two in advance?

Who says the CEO gave him any directives about cleaning products? They were all working together at the Dojo all week. The CEO probably told the crew to make a list of what they needed before the opening and to give it to the driver/errand boy.

I was just throwing "Pinesol and rubber gloves" out there as an example of some menial task that needed completing at Lowe's. It was not meant to be taken as fact. Sorry.

In my experience, most CEO's have very crowded schedules. They have many meetings, trips, conference calls, booked and scheduled. So I am 'sure' that a driver would have many of his errands assigned a day or so in advance.

The Dojo was scheduled for it's Grand Opening on Friday. Wouldn't you imagine that there were errands scheduled to prepare for that opening that were set up a day or two in advance?

Gosh, I can't even speculate on that because the CEOs that I personally know aren't the type to be assigning errands.

Oh, I think whoever was driving the truck was involved with DW and the others, maybe even related to DW. I think all who were with DW that night are guilty of being accessories after the murders at least. I just haven't heard of anything about the truck being involved with the murders. Maybe there was something illegal planned for the night DW was arrested.

I agree. I don't think the truck had anything to do with the murders. DW et al still could have planned to use it for something nefarious, either related to S stuff stored elsewhere or something totally unrelated. I don't know what a joy rid under pressure is...

I don't recall police saying that. Do you have a link?

Hi jjenny. This isn't the article link I saw today, because that article also caught my attention because said that investigators said that the assistant dropped off the ransom money on the doorstep. I'll look for that one too. I've been at a five-hour Mariners game! (I think it was from Fox or Wash Post.)

Obviously this is a what a reporter has said for a UK pub, so it's not a court doc or anything. And I expect some people who readily exclude any theories that include JW as possibly being part of the plan to automatically assume it's inaccurate, but hopefully that won't have to be done in condescending and rude manner, since NONE of us know, :facepalm: but hopefully no one will jump down my throat for sharing this link! :) I think we've all seen it already anyway.

If anyone knows of a way to better way to verify what investigators did say early on, in the first few days after the fire, before they arrested DDW, I'd love to follow up on that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3086952/Savopoulos-family-DC-known-attackers-murder-arson.html

That is probably true but the fact remains that in general there are more people at home during the day and more kids playing in the yards on weekends than during the week during normal school/business hours.

Suburban or Urban/Suburban doesn't matter.

Certainly different people. Probably the pavers working up the street wouldn't be there on the weekend...

Aside from contractors--remodelers, builders, installers, electricians--when the space is not gigantic and thousands not expected, it is usually the more personal staff who are on hand. NG had worked for him and family for years, had a cleaning company, and one of the main things to do at this stage would be cleaning, placing furniture, sprucing up, any displays or getting out glassware etc., all of which I imagine SS would trust her to manage. A family like this hires professional caliber and skilled housecleaners as key employees. Then there might be errands to run. None of what would need to be readied at this point can I see would need a pro set-up crew, but more people who can anticipate what's needed, get the boss's instructions, and make some runs as needs arise. I mean it's no an exposition hall. I'd think any pros had already done the work.

Yes, I agree there are things they could be doing, but I want to know what they were doing, when they were doing it and who saw them as to whether or not it could be a sign that kidnappers were in control. Keep in mind that at the S household that day VF was scheduled to leave by 3 PM (per NG) and there's been no explanation why the 6 PM time is being used as the start.

6 pm is the time at which LE believe SS first became a victim. CD only refer to murder of SS, not other family members and Mrs. F. SS was at dojo until 5:30 or so, thus why LE believes he was a victim beginning at 6 pm, before he could have even made it home during rush hour, is interesting. The crime could have begun earlier, but it would have thus far involved AS, PS and VF. Charging docs referring to their murders will probably refer to an earlier start time.

I often use the voice feature on my phone to record a plate and description if I see something weird on the road. (Gotta stay hands free).
I took a description of a woman driving a day care van on the phone inching forward in traffic with no hands on the wheel at times, one hand smoothing her locks and the other holding the phone in front of her face yacking away in a very expressive manner with children in the van. When we were stopped side by side at a light I was lucky enough to get a photo with both hands off the wheel and phone in hand.

I used the voice feature to capture a full description of a decorating company truck where the driver was definitely impaired then pulled over to call it in. My point is we don't really know how at this point it was observed, how it was noted, recorded or remembered or called in.
I do call in erratic driving especially when I can see they are texting or seem impaired not just having a momentary lapse (although that is my judging). I think we can all tell the difference after a few moments when something is not right. Again my point on this one is we don't have the crucial details to understand exactly what and in what way W3 contributed here.

Gosh, I can't even speculate on that because the CEOs that I personally know aren't the type to be assigning errands.

The dojo was SS' pet project, a "life-long dream". (Not one of his AIW responsibilities as CEO.) I believe he was intimately involved with every aspect of its preparation. There's a photo of him arranging the floor mats. Breaks my heart, because he looks so happy to me.

6 pm is the time at which LE believe SS first became a victim. CD only refer to murder of SS, not other family members and Mrs. F. SS was at dojo until 5:30 or so, thus why LE believes he was a victim beginning at 6 pm, before he could have even made it home during rush hour, is interesting. The crime could have begun earlier, but it would have thus far involved AS, PS and VF. Charging docs referring to their murders will probably refer to an earlier start time.
They said shortly after 6...sounds like they are going by his cellular pings.

It is so hard to type when you are on the bed and your dog is running hard in his sleep.

Certainly different people. Probably the pavers working up the street wouldn't be there on the weekend...

I don't want to beat this to death but from my personal experience of many years if you want to do something that involves some kind of surveillance of a house it is much easier and/or safer to do it during the week while school is in session between the time the bus picks up the kids on the street in the morning and drops them off in the afternoon.

My guess is that criminals have figured that out as well.

Yes, I agree there are things they could be doing, but I want to know what they were doing, when they were doing it and who saw them as to whether or not it could be a sign that kidnappers were in control. Keep in mind that at the S household that day VF was scheduled to leave by 3 PM (per NG) and there's been no explanation why the 6 PM time is being used as the start.

I think most here would agree that NG hasn't been the most reliable witness.

That is probably true but the fact remains that in general there are more people at home during the day and more kids playing in the yards on weekends than during the week during normal school/business hours.

Suburban or Urban/Suburban doesn't matter.
I live very close to the Savopouloses. Their house is on Woodland Drive which is arguably the nicest residential street which winds around a steep hill connecting Reno road to Connecticut Avenue - one street over from Cleveland Avenue. GORGEOUS homes. Honestly, I think their home is worth more than $4.5 million (records show they bought it for almost $3 million in 2001 and it probably has doubled in value. Their is a cosmopolitan feel to the street - about 1/3 of the houses are somehow connected to an embassy which means a lot of security and people are working there during the day. People definitely would take note of someone they are not familiar with on that street. That's one of the reasons I found the whole tragedy so shocking. Here's a link to a house for sale which is on the next block over from their house (and across the street). It is a little larger than the Savopouloses and can be yours for $7.75 million.
http://tour.homevisit.com/mls/79641/3120-WOODLAND-DR-NW-WASHINGTON-DC-20008

The dojo was SS' pet project, a "life-long dream". (Not one of his AIW responsibilities as CEO.) I believe he was intimately involved with every aspect of its preparation. There's a photo of him arranging the floor mats. Breaks my heart, because he looks so happy to me.

Considering AIW is also his company and an AIW employee was working at the dojo on that Wednesday, I think it is safe to say that while SS may be repositioning a floor mat, he did not personally unload that mat from the truck that brought it.

JMO

Having a schedule in advance would be excellent information to have if you wanted to do a home invasion, particularly knowing when people are going to be out of the house and for how long. Such information would be of real value to criminals.

All of these articles (except People) are eluding that "4 people" that were arrested with DDW have been released. It doesn't say "4 people were arrested". Which leads me to believe 1 might still be in custody.

If 1 was still in custody, common sense tells you that he/she would have been mentioned in the news media by now. This is the biggest news story in Washington.

Was AS' Porsche a 2-seater or a 2+2? My understanding is her Porsche 911 was not the typical 911 Carrera - more valuable and more eye-catching.

It was a regular, run-of-the-mill Porsche 911 2+2. Most car enthusiasts don't get excited about a Porsche with automatic transmission.

I watched footage today on youtube that said police were looking for the "black man in this video" that was produced before Wint was arrested/before DNA results were in. I posted the links a ways back.

Please find the link, because LE didn't know if the person in the video was a man or a woman, much less a black man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ricardo55