DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. If he's working with LE--and hopefully he is intelligent to know that if he is even slightly involved he needs to roll over--it is in exchange for a plea deal. There is no way anybody remotely tied to this heinous crime is going to walk free or be given witness protection.

I also think the delay in arrest is because the prosecutor is going for indictments via the grand jury.

JMO

Yes, a plea bargain. I don't know the intricacies of what LE is able, willing and wants to offer in return for info, beyond L & O. People here said he was in protective custody--dunno if that was speculation or reported--but you're right, that would be different than witness protection. I think! Like I said, I dunno the terminology, but I wouldn't be shocked if he came clean, but I would be shocked if he has no charges pressed against him at all. Just to clarify!

How long you can hold a person before charging them has long passed imo

It was a regular, run-of-the-mill Porsche 911 2+2. Most car enthusiasts don't get excited about a Porsche with automatic transmission.

Yeah.

I wouldn't have one.

I prefer the manual that my 2003 Kia has.

LOL

I was just throwing "Pinesol and rubber gloves" out there as an example of some menial task that needed completing at Lowe's. It was not meant to be taken as fact. Sorry.

I was not finding fault with your example. It was quite feasible. I was responding to anothers posters criticism of it. :wink:

I don't want to beat this to death but from my personal experience of many years if you want to do something that involves some kind of surveillance of a house it is much easier and/or safer to do it during the week while school is in session between the time the bus picks up the kids on the street in the morning and drops them off in the afternoon.

My guess is that criminals have figured that out as well.

I understand. This is the kind of neighborhood where both parents don't always go to work once the kids are in school. Also, most if not all of these homes would have household staff that is there during the day, during the week. I'm not disagreeing with you that more homeowners would be home on weekends (unless they are at their weekend homes). I'm just saying that the neighborhood would not necessarily have fewer people around, just different ones. I live a few miles from this neighborhood, have friends who live in that neighborhood and drive my son by that street every day when taking my son to school, so I know the neighborhood well-enough to have an opinion on how busy it is at different times.

Yes, a plea bargain. I don't know the intricacies of what LE is able, willing and wants to offer in return for info, beyond L & O. People here said he was in protective custody--dunno if that was speculation or reported--but you're right, that would be different than witness protection. I think! Like I said, I dunno the terminology, but I wouldn't be shocked if he came clean, but I would be shocked if he has no charges pressed against him at all. Just to clarify!

I don't know that he is in protective custody. This guy has been living in the fantasy world of racing wannabe. Who knows what all he's done to finance it up to now but being part of a car theft/chop shop ring is a distinct possibility.

JMO

The flurry of calls that morning between SS, banker, accountant and employee are pretty critical pieces of information because they spoke directly to SS and he told them what the money was for but I also think he told them he would send his driver because SS was out in Chantilly. The employee knows what car JW was driving when he picked up the money and where SS said he was. I think if SS said he was at home, that would have been a red flag for the accountant and employee, especially.

I think that is why JW went to Chantilly and made sure he was picked up by Lowe's security video cameras.

JMO

Hadn't thought of that. SS was trying to pretend he was doing as he intended that day to protect his family. Which might have meant that he was scheduled to be in Chantilly. Good thinking.

Gosh, I can't even speculate on that because the CEOs that I personally know aren't the type to be assigning errands.

Why would this CEO hire an errand boy if he wasnt going to assign errands?

I have never known a CEO who did not assign errands. Very curious.

Tonight I wish comfort and what we call in my faith..."the peace that passes all understanding" to the Savopoulos and Figueroa family. What they have lost, so senselessly, can never be restored. Their lives were beautiful, full of love and purpose. They were taken by creatures whose lives are useless, unproductive, full of cheapness and superficiality.

I hope the week ahead will bring this case closer to a resolution and to justice. But it will never be understandable. Justice will never be equitable. Those that commit such heinous crimes are beyond human comprehension..their vomitous greed, their repulsive void of human compassion. I hope therefore...that Fate gives them full measure of every bit of personal suffering in their OWN future lives...full measure for THEM... EACH, INDIVIDUALLY...full measure of every pain they inflicted on their victims. They deserve no less.

I'm too angry to say more. Good and pure evil. Beauty and ugliness to the point of repulsion. This tragedy should never, never be forgotten.

Perfectly said. I cannot stop thinking about this senseless tragedy and all the what-ifs associated. Seeing the pictures with their obituary nearly put me over the edge.

I think you surmised correctly, there were five people with Wint when he was arrested. I'm just providing the link for FRose benefit.

"Police did not identify the four people or say how long they were detained. There was no immediate word on the whereabouts of a fifth person taken into custody when Wint was"

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/4-detained-with-d-c-mansion-murders-suspect-released/

This is just bad reporting. 5 people were arrested, including Wint. 4 were released. There were only 4 people with Wint: 2 men and 2 women. Today's reporters are not very good journalists.

Considering AIW is also his company and an AIW employee was working at the dojo on that Wednesday, I think it is safe to say that while SS may be repositioning a floor mat, he did not personally unload that mat from the truck that brought it.

JMO

Maybe, maybe not. It's been reported he was very "hands on" and he looked strong enough to unload mats. But that's not really relevant to whether he would give his driver/assistant orders about picking something up at the Lowe's before the grand opening.

It was a regular, run-of-the-mill Porsche 911 2+2. Most car enthusiasts don't get excited about a Porsche with automatic transmission.

See post #337
Precisely. It was a 2008 "911 Turbo Cabriolet"Anybody into cars would remember seeing a 911 Turbo Cabriolet. That's a very rare, very *very noticeable* car. Not sure why DC Police didn't emphasize that, but when they finally posted a photo of the car... many car enthusiasts made a point of pointed this out.

Maybe, maybe not. It's been reported he was very "hands on" and he looked strong enough to unload mats. But that's not really relevant to whether he would give his driver/assistant orders about picking something up at the Lowe's before the grand opening.

I do not believe SS assigned an errand at Lowe's prior to his kidnapping. Don't know how much clearer I can make it.

JMO

Please find the link, because LE didn't know if the person in the video was a man or a woman, much less a black man.

FR, you can hunt for the link. Just click on Skigirl's name in a post, then go to her profile. There you will find all her posts and the beginning sentence of each. You should be able to hunt down the link you seek that way, if not via google. Good luck!

Hadn't thought of that. SS was trying to pretend he was doing as he intended that day to protect his family. Which might have meant that he was scheduled to be in Chantilly. Good thinking.

I think JW made the call to the AIW employee after he learned LE were looking for witnesses to the Porche on Wednesday and Thursday. He concocted the garage "drop" story to explain why his DNA might be found inside the garage.

SS was a very bright guy and I think he made sure they knew the money was to be transported to VA.

JMO

See post #337
Precisely. It was a 2008 "911 Turbo Cabriolet"Anybody into cars would remember seeing a 911 Turbo Cabriolet. That's a very rare, very *very noticeable* car. Not sure why DC Police didn't emphasize that, but when they finally posted a photo of the car... many car enthusiasts made a point of pointed this out.

A little confused.

The burnt car was a 911 Turbo Cabriolet?

If it was from pics I've seen it looks pretty much like any other 911.

Since most people aren't into cars why would we expect that to draw much attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1