DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. I don't think the truck had anything to do with the murders. I think the truck is a red herring and is notable because I think it's unusual that it was used in a convoy that had a wanted quadruple murder suspect involved.

If it's not related, it is very interesting that with all the talk of who's a criminal and who consorts with criminals, whoever was driving the Amerit truck would be gainfully employed by a legitimate company. Mechanics are in high demand and are well-paid (in my experience). If we can believe this solid citizen was part of a convoy that included a quadruple torture-murderer, why is it so hard to believe a wanna-be race car driver could travel in the same circles?

I'm not sure that they really had anything to do at all there as one of SS's martial arts friends posted a picture of the new place and it looked basically ready when the picture was taken. I really want to know who was there, what they were doing and how long they were there - particular what others saw SS doing and if JW was there. This could have been part of keeping people away from the house or giving an excuse for the ransom. I don't see what NG/JW would bring, particularly given that SS is a multi-generational contractor who wouldn't cheap out in having non-contractors do stuff and for entertainment that he'd have pros with that too where with this being a lifelong dream I'd think he'd bring in the best for whatever task...I can see certain things they could do, just not a very big list. If SS will throw down the dough to hire a pro Indy Car racer to coach his son, I'd think he'd try and keep non-pros away so that they don't mess up the grand opening (except in limited circumstances).

This dojo has a kitchen and sleeping quarters so many small things they could do to get ready. jmo

But he could have told him the day before "on the way to the dojo tomorrow, pick up some pinesol and some rubber gloves". So that would mean either SS, by Wednesday day, was not expecting W1 to drive him to the dojo or he told W1 on Wednesday night or Thursday morning that he would drive himself later (or whatever.) But that wouldn't mean the rest of the errands weren't still required. Could also be W1 was establishing an alibi. Just playing devil's advocate to see what would be possible.

I just don't see a CEO giving directives about things like cleaning products. LE know by now exactly who was supposed to be at the Dojo on Wednesday.

It was a 911 Turbo Cabriolet" which is a very rare edition and *very noticeable* car. Definitely eye-catching & more valuable than a typical 911 Carrera. Furthermore, I live in DC. While you may see a lot of very nice cars in Woodley Heights (where the Savopouloses lived), where the car was spotted (New York Avenue) is not a great area. And, the area of PG County where the car was found, is not your bucolic suburban area. At best it's a blue collar neighborhood with some pretty sketchy areas... the average car would not be a luxury vehicle - not even close.

I watched footage today on youtube that said police were looking for the "black man in this video" that was produced before Wint was arrested/before DNA results were in. I posted the links a ways back.

Thank you. I didn't want to have to spend time looking for that footage!

but would a wad of cash make an UBER driver break rules? are they independents? Maybe threatened? another buddy?

You still have to contact the driver through the app, and need an account to do so.

How can you be sure when his errands were assigned? He claims he called SS 10 minutes before he arrived at the house and was told to leave the $40,000 package in the garage.

JMO

I never said I was 'sure.' I think I said the word 'maybe' in my statement. I said maybe JW was given the instructions about Lowes the day before, when they were all working at he Dojo.

Just because he was told to leave the package in the garage, that would not nullify any previous planned errands for the Dojo.

Yes, that makes since because otherwise how did JW find out he needed to go to Lowe's? The problem with that scenario is that SS wasn't at the dojo to assign him the errand.

JMO

He could have been given a task he needed to complete.

That is a very populated and growing area down there.
What area? Chantilly? Over the last 10 years Chantilly and the whole Northern Virginia Suburbs near it (most notably Tyson's Corner which is a few miles closer into the city) are a fringe city in their own right. As for where AIW headquarters & where the car was found torched - those are located in PG County which is literally on the other side of the city and not so nice of an area. If anything those areas have suffered over the past decade.

I just don't see a CEO giving directives about things like cleaning products. LE know by now exactly who was supposed to be at the Dojo on Wednesday.

Who says the CEO gave him any directives about cleaning products? They were all working together at the Dojo all week. The CEO probably told the crew to make a list of what they needed before the opening and to give it to the driver/errand boy.

This house is right in the city. It looks suburban, but it is very close to several major thoroughfares. I imagine there are more people around on the weekend, but I'd be surprised if there weren't quite a few people home or working at neighboring homes during the week.

That is probably true but the fact remains that in general there are more people at home during the day and more kids playing in the yards on weekends than during the week during normal school/business hours.

Suburban or Urban/Suburban doesn't matter.

Yes, but is ID required?

No. They ask you your name. So someone else could have ordered up the car. It would be in the Uber system. The driver would get in big trouble if he canceled the call and then took the cash, because that way Uber doesn't get their cut of the fare.

If it's not related, it is very interesting that with all the talk of who's a criminal and who consorts with criminals, whoever was driving the Amerit truck would be gainfully employed by a legitimate company. Mechanics are in high demand and are well-paid (in my experience). If we can believe this solid citizen was part of a convoy that included a quadruple torture-murderer, why is it so hard to believe a wanna-be race car driver could travel in the same circles?

Oh, I think whoever was driving the truck was involved with DW and the others, maybe even related to DW. I think all who were with DW that night are guilty of being accessories after the murders at least. I just haven't heard of anything about the truck being involved with the murders. Maybe there was something illegal planned for the night DW was arrested.

I never said I was 'sure.' I think I said the word 'maybe' in my statement. I said maybe JW was given the instructions about Lowes the day before, when they were all working at he Dojo.

Just because he was told to leave the package in the garage, that would not nullify any previous planned errands for the Dojo.

Yes, it is very possible he had his "marching orders" on Wednesday. He also could have been told specifically to keep them or even given further instruction by SS that morning...to keep him occupied and away from the home. I personally feel that SS and AS both tried to keep their employees away from the home so they didn't ask too many questions, or try to contact them at the home. The other side of that coin is that they were given instructions that would have sounded "normal" to DDW but a bit abnormal to their employees...to possibly interpret that they needed help.

I have conflicting thoughts about that whole thing!

I surmised that 1 of the detainees were held, since 5 were arrested and 4 were released.

I think you surmised correctly, there were five people with Wint when he was arrested. I'm just providing the link for FRose benefit.

"Police did not identify the four people or say how long they were detained. There was no immediate word on the whereabouts of a fifth person taken into custody when Wint was"

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/4-detained-with-d-c-mansion-murders-suspect-released/

You said you were sure many of his errands were assigned a day or so in advance. I simply asked how you could be sure.

I think they were working there all week. It may have already been set up that JW was supposed to go pick up certain items from Lowes that day. Maybe they had special ordered some things. Or maybe they just needed a list of things and SS had already told JW that he was to get them the next day. I am sure that many of his errands are assigned a day or so in advance.

Yes, it is very possible he had his "marching orders" on Wednesday. He also could have been told specifically to keep them or even given further instruction by SS that morning...to keep him occupied and away from the home. I personally feel that SS and AS both tried to keep their employees away from the home so they didn't ask too many questions, or try to contact them at the home. The other side of that coin is that they were given instructions that would have sounded "normal" to DDW but a bit abnormal to their employees...to possibly interpret that they needed help.

I have conflicting thoughts about that whole thing!

The instructions were abnormal, but not abnormal enough and nobody picked on anything. Even SS's sister talked to him Thursday morning and didn't figure out anything was wrong.

What area? Chantilly? Over the last 10 years Chantilly and the whole Northern Virginia Suburbs near it (most notably Tyson's Corner which is a few miles closer into the city) are a fringe city in their own right. As for where AIW headquarters & where the car was found torched - those are located in PG County which is literally on the other side of the city and not so nice of an area. If anything those areas have suffered over the past decade.

The Chantilly area and going down 50 towards Loudoun Cty.

This dojo has a kitchen and sleeping quarters so many small things they could do to get ready. jmo

Yes, I agree there are things they could be doing, but I want to know what they were doing, when they were doing it and who saw them as to whether or not it could be a sign that kidnappers were in control. Keep in mind that at the S household that day VF was scheduled to leave by 3 PM (per NG) and there's been no explanation why the 6 PM time is being used as the start.

Oh, I think whoever was driving the truck was involved with DW and the others, maybe even related to DW. I think all who were with DW that night are guilty of being accessories after the murders at least. I just haven't heard of anything about the truck being involved with the murders. Maybe there was something illegal planned for the night DW was arrested.

BBM. I agree with this possibility. We still don't know if any of the money found was from the SS murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1