DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The obituary also says that the martial arts center that was set to open the day after the murders was part of a lifelong dream.
that would of been Friday...............is this why Wed/Thurs was the day chosen?

Yes, that makes since because otherwise how did JW find out he needed to go to Lowe's? The problem with that scenario is that SS wasn't at the dojo to assign him the errand.

JMO

I think they were working there all week. It may have already been set up that JW was supposed to go pick up certain items from Lowes that day. Maybe they had special ordered some things. Or maybe they just needed a list of things and SS had already told JW that he was to get them the next day. I am sure that many of his errands are assigned a day or so in advance.

No, because we knew Wint had the money. What is out of the ordinary is the truck being constantly referred to as a "rolling garage" with people here implying that the crime was committed for the cars. IMO the motivation for the crime was money and greed, not the cars.

From Amerit's website:
Mobile Service Centers (MSC)
A pioneer in Mobile Maintenance, each Amerit Mobile Service Center is a virtual rolling garage, customized, equipped and stocked to service your fleet’s assets in remote locations, independent of a garage location.

http://www.ameritfleetsolutions.com/mobile-service-centers-msc/

Perhaps. A possibility. But I tend to think that particular type of truck, whether because of size or function, is a kind of clue. First, dispatchers stay in touch with service trucks--whatever the service--and drivers are monitored as they are on the clock, so a joy ride can present challenge. Second, the truck itself presented risk simply because it would stand out. A U-haul might have been less suspicious, yet large enough to haul stolen goods or use in a new heist.

I think a U-haul cruising in a neighborhood would draw more suspicion from neighbors than a service truck would, especially if people were wearing safety vests.

JMO

2-seater Porsches are very common here.

Was AS' Porsche a 2-seater or a 2+2? My understanding is her Porsche 911 was not the typical 911 Carrera - more valuable and more eye-catching.

Yes, that makes since because otherwise how did JW find out he needed to go to Lowe's? The problem with that scenario is that SS wasn't at the dojo to assign him the errand.

JMO

and what did he buy at Lowes???

Just to be clear...the asking for information about the Porsche was NOT done until after W-3 saw it.

W-3 stated it saw the Porsche at 1:30 on Thursday. The fire was still burning at that point, and there was no search for that car.

In fact, I don't think the Porsche was put into play until after it was found burning. Which is say, late evening on Thursday. I think it was found around 5:50pm, and they would need time to trace it back to the Savopoulos home.

I could be wrong about that, but I think I have that pretty straight.

Okay. So, it's possible that as others have said here, someone called 911 when they saw the erratic driving, even before they knew a crime had been committed. OR, just remembered seeing it and called LE when W3 learned they were looking for info.

what "work" could JW possibly do at the dojo if SS isn't there? He was a driver/personal assistant to SS.

Errand-runner, too. What work would the housekeeper need to do there? Sounds to me like they were pulling in anyone they could to get it ready for Friday. If W1 could push a broom, they could find a chore or two for him to do, in addition to picking up whatever was requested earlier from the hardware store.

IMOO LE may give out more info after the family and friend are laid to rest.
out off respect and maybe more DNA evidence etc.

Do you think JW went tonight or will go to the funeral?

JW and others may be under de facto arrest as material witnesses. JW may not be able to go. The same also goes with those caught with JW in that they may be locked up right now as material witnesses without them being formally charged.

LE never mentioned the race of the person seen running in the video. Race wasn't mentioned until they knew the ID of Wint. If race was mentioned when they released the video, please provide a link.

I definitely remember someone mentioning they were looking for a black man early on, because I thought it was a racist assumption. I will hunt for that link after I catch up on the posts here...

We don't know what other footage LE could have of the man in the hoodie, whether at another location or just more footage from his location. We don't know what they were able to make out in the footage that made them say with certainty that they had identified the man running as Wint.

Why didn't SS have an army of professionals working on getting his new dojo opening-ready? Why this ragtag team of a housekeeper, himself, and his driver? I mean, why not hire a general manager to help with the last minute details? It's not like he was a guy with a dream and a garage. He had plenty of money to invest. The residential dojo in that out-of-the-way industrial park, staffed by his personal help, seems very weird to me.

I think they were working there all week. It may have already been set up that JW was supposed to go pick up certain items from Lowes that day. Maybe they had special ordered some things. Or maybe they just needed a list of things and SS had already told JW that he was to get them the next day. I am sure that many of his errands are assigned a day or so in advance.

How can you be sure when his errands were assigned? He claims he called SS 10 minutes before he arrived at the house and was told to leave the $40,000 package in the garage.

JMO

I definitely remember someone mentioning they were looking for a black man early on, because I thought it was a racist assumption. I will hunt for that link after I catch up on the posts here...

I watched footage today on youtube that said police were looking for the "black man in this video" that was produced before Wint was arrested/before DNA results were in. I posted the links a ways back.

IIRC none of them were checked into the hotel. Sounded like they met up in the motel parking lot...

LE collected evidence from a hotel room at the Holiday Inn. I saw video on the news.

Errand-runner, too. What work would the housekeeper need to do there? Sounds to me like they were pulling in anyone they could to get it ready for Friday. If W1 could push a broom, they could find a chore or two for him to do, in addition to picking up whatever was requested earlier from the hardware store.

NG runs a commercial cleaning service but I take whatever she claims with a grain of salt because of her contradictory statements to the press.

Why didn't SS have an army of professionals working on getting his new dojo opening-ready? Why this ragtag team of a housekeeper, himself, and his driver? I mean, why not hire a general manager to help with the last minute details? It's not like he was a guy with a dream and a garage. He had plenty of money to invest. The residential dojo in that out-of-the-way industrial park, staffed by his personal help, seems very weird to me.

How do we know he didn't? He could have hired a whole team, and still pulled in other employees that he has on his payroll/

That is a very populated and growing area down there.

You have to show ID to get a rental car or truck. He took an Uber from NYC back to DC. They don't ask for ID, I don't think? I don't know, we don't have them where I live because I live in a small town. LOL!!

With Uber, you have to set up an account with a credit card. No cash changes hands. Tip is even included...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1