DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I wish comfort and what we call in my faith..."the peace that passes all understanding" to the Savopoulos and Figueroa family. What they have lost, so senselessly, can never be restored. Their lives were beautiful, full of love and purpose. They were taken by creatures whose lives are useless, unproductive, full of cheapness and superficiality.

I hope the week ahead will bring this case closer to a resolution and to justice. But it will never be understandable. Justice will never be equitable. Those that commit such heinous crimes are beyond human comprehension..their vomitous greed, their repulsive void of human compassion. I hope therefore...that Fate gives them full measure of every bit of personal suffering in their OWN future lives...full measure for THEM... EACH, INDIVIDUALLY...full measure of every pain they inflicted on their victims. They deserve no less.

I'm too angry to say more. Good and pure evil. Beauty and ugliness to the point of repulsion. This tragedy should never, never be forgotten.

How much money, gold/silver and jewelry (that was in the house) do folks think the killers took in addition to the $40K?

I'd expect it was sizeable, especially if they family is trying to come up with anything valuable that would make them go away as it appears they were trying to do with the bank withdrawal.

question:
I am wondering why was this crime was committed on a weekday (Wed/Thurs) and not the weekend?
I don't know why I think the middle of the week strikes me odd for some reason............I realize about the withdrawal of money and banking hours.

Things in suburbs are much calmer during the week. Fewer people around. Part of my job involves checking on things having to do with houses and it is much less stressful doing it during the week, particularly when school is in session.

You said the call wasn't put out about the Porsche missing until W-3 saw it. But we don't know when W-3 called police to report the sighting. The affidavit was released a week later. But a neighbor told reporters on Thursday that he saw the car speeding on Wednesday. I'm sure LE asked the employees/family if any cars were missing the day of the fire.

That isn't what I said. I don't think the report about the Porsche and asking the public about it was done until after the fire of the car and it was tied to the family. The Porsche was found 4 hours after the house was on fire.

Yes, I am sure they did. But investigations like that don't happen in minutes. It takes time to investigate what happened at the house, notify family, interview employees, and put together all of the things that needed to be put together.

But as with most of the things I post here, this is my take on the situation.

Except, if JW is not involved in the crime, if he was supposed to work at the dojo on Thursday, he would have dropped of "the package" on the way. Why wouldn't he go to the hardware store to run a dojo-related errand on the way? I actually think he IS somehow involved, but I am open to information that erodes or supports my theory...

You mean he should pick up 40k in cash, then go to the hardware store before dropping it off? I would never do that. I would drop off the cash, very first thing.

You have to show ID to get a rental car or truck. He took an Uber from NYC back to DC. They don't ask for ID, I don't think? I don't know, we don't have them where I live because I live in a small town. LOL!!

Funny and odd thing about the ÜBER is that (as far as I know) you have to have an account and credit card, in fact cash usually isn't even exchanged, its all deducted from your online credit card including the tip! At least in San Francisco area

Tonight I wish comfort and what we call in my faith..."the peace that passes all understanding" to the Savopoulos and Figueroa family. What they have lost, so senselessly, can never be restored. Their lives were beautiful, full of love and purpose. They were taken by creatures whose lives are useless, unproductive, full of cheapness and superficiality.

I hope the week ahead will bring this case closer to a resolution and to justice. But it will never be understandable. Justice will never be equitable. Those that commit such heinous crimes are beyond human comprehension..their vomitous greed, their repulsive void of human compassion. I hope therefore...that Fate gives them full measure of every bit of personal suffering in their OWN future lives...full measure for THEM... EACH, INDIVIDUALLY...full measure of every pain they inflicted on their victims. They deserve no less.

I'm too angry to say more. Good and pure evil. Beauty and ugliness to the point of repulsion. This tragedy should never, never be forgotten.
Do you think JW went tonight or will go to the funeral?

LOL! That's exactly what I would say. I would give a description of the car and maybe the race of the driver. But that's about it. :)

But everybody is different. Not everyone has the same ability to perceive, remember and convey details.

Funny and odd thing about the ÜBER is that (as far as I know) you have to have an account and credit card, in fact cash usually isn't even exchanged, its all deducted from your online credit card including the tip! At least in San Francisco area

That is true, AFAIK, too.

Do you think JW went tonight or will go to the funeral?

I have wondered about that. I think he probably will not, and that makes me sad...because I think if there weren't the questions about him, he would absolutely be there.

To me, "driving erratically" means weaving in and out of traffic or speeding. Unless the eyewitness was also speeding and weaving in and out of traffic, I don't see how he could keep up with the Porsche to notice everything about the driver. It seems to me that W-3 deliberately tried to throw off LE by giving a false description of the driver.

I had someone driving erratically next to me just the other day. She wasn't weaving in and out of traffic but kept drifting over to my lane. I definitely noticed her and the car because I thought she was going to hit me. W3 could have been on the sidewalk, if there is one. Car buffs notice cars.

You mean he should pick up 40k in cash, then go to the hardware store before dropping it off? I would never do that. I would drop off the cash, very first thing.

Yes, that makes since because otherwise how did JW find out he needed to go to Lowe's? The problem with that scenario is that SS wasn't at the dojo to assign him the errand.

JMO

I am not sure that he needed that truck for anything specific. I think that his brother or best friend drove it for work, so they went for a joy ride under pressure.

I agree. I don't think the truck had anything to do with the murders. I think the truck is a red herring and is notable because I think it's unusual that it was used in a convoy that had a wanted quadruple murder suspect involved.

If he was deliberately trying to throw off the LE about the driver he would mention the Porsche and maybe the vest. It is suspicious that his description is so detailed yet he failed to see the dreads.

Why would a witness (that was trying to throw LE off the trail) mention the green vest which happened to be found in the burning Porsche? Oh, wait, you're saying that W3 would give some correct details and then say the driver was someone totally different? Because W3 is in on it and knows DW was the one driving the Porsche with his dreads flying? That requires a level of planning we haven't yet seen in the crime, but I can see it.

Well, if he was really trying to throw them off, he could have said a white woman drove it. Why would he say it was a black male?
Early on, there were APB out on black male. I was surprised because you can't see the race of the person on video (who is running away).
They must have used statement of W3 to get that APB.

I thought the same thing! How can anyone tell the race (or even gender) of the person running away from the burning car? Looks to me like the person is wearing gloves and a hoodie, with nothing showing.

BTW, for those who asked, based on the location of the video and direction the perp was running, s/he was running away from the fire/church parking lot, so probably not carrying a bucket full of gasoline.

Perhaps. A possibility. But I tend to think that particular type of truck, whether because of size or function, is a kind of clue. First, dispatchers stay in touch with service trucks--whatever the service--and drivers are monitored as they are on the clock, so a joy ride can present challenge. Second, the truck itself presented risk simply because it would stand out. A U-haul might have been less suspicious, yet large enough to haul stolen goods or use in a new heist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1