DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Wagner ‏@Fox5Wagner [video=twitter;601815774106365952]https://twitter.com/Fox5Wagner/status/601815774106365952[/video]
MPD spokesperson has declined to say what happened to 5 people who were with Daron Wint other than they have not been charged.

On May 22, all media outlets incorrectly reported 5 people were arrested along with Wint. Only 4 people were arrested.

2-seater Porsches are very common here.

And I don't think this was actually a 2 seater. There are back seats, but they are SUPER TINY, and not comfortable for anyone...including a car seat, which has been shown in a photo posted here.

I see Porsches on the road every day. A 2008 Porsche is no more distinctive than any other expensive car on the road in D.C. Do you see expensive cars on the road where you live? Can you remember the drivers; their hair, and what they were wearing?

Um, yeah... I remember a tan Porsche I saw at the grocery store a couple of days ago. Why do I remember it? Because the driver who got out of it was about 90 years old.

Birpu, perhaps LE removed that link. Or maybe someone affiliated with DW's group of "friends" and who had DW's password, deleted it for him.

DW certainly has an interest in rims and places that sell fancy car parts.

But deleting the link will not usually remove all traces from google-cache. And I don't see why LE would mess with cache either.

Just to be clear...the asking for information about the Porsche was NOT done until after W-3 saw it.

W-3 stated it saw the Porsche at 1:30 on Thursday. The fire was still burning at that point, and there was no search for that car.

In fact, I don't think the Porsche was put into play until after it was found burning. Which is say, late evening on Thursday. I think it was found around 5:50pm, and they would need time to trace it back to the Savopoulos home.

I could be wrong about that, but I think I have that pretty straight.

iirc from what Chief Lanier said, they started looking for the Porsche roughly around the same time they were putting out the car fire. 5:30

Well, one can not be sure what the driver's relationship to the truck is other than that he was driving it. We do not yet know how DW and/or accomplices came by the truck or why they felt the need of a truck. It is possible that at the time of the CD, a nexus had not been drawn fully between truck and DW, DW and the others, the truck and the crime etc. As well, LE does not have to mention anything at this stage they do not want to in the CD, which as others have pointed out had a narrow focus. Perhaps the truck was only being used to hide and transport the cash and the M.Os so if DW was stopped in his transport, LE would find him but not the money connected to the crime. And perhaps the truck would have been used to transfer stashed goods, or yes, some kind of vehicle--even a new purchase such as a motorcycle. We do tend to think, some of us, that the crime plan was to get more than 40,000 dollars and might include a collector car or its vital parts. However, given research into this kind of truck and its purpose, "rolling garage" could be an exaggeration. I don't believe still that we can rule out that the original plan might have included a larger theft than of that cash from the bank. JMO

what "work" could JW possibly do at the dojo if SS isn't there? He was a driver/personal assistant to SS.

He did whatever tasks was asked of him. NG worked there Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and was supposed to be there Friday. What could she do? I can't imagine that it was just cleaning...all those days. It was noted in the first threads that this family and their employees "crossed lines" and did things that would not fall under normal duties of their titles.

He was an assistant who did whatever his boss needed assisting with.

ETA - there were other employees there as well, and I am sure they verified that JW was there.

Just to be clear...the asking for information about the Porsche was NOT done until after W-3 saw it.

W-3 stated it saw the Porsche at 1:30 on Thursday.

Truth be told, we don't know when W-3 reported he/she saw the car. We only know what we read in the affidavit about the time and place of the sighting. We knew about the Porsche on Thursday (the day of the murders) because a neighbor reported seeing it speeding down the street outside the house on Wednesday, the day before the fire.

Did JW...who seems hungry, ravenous even for media attention...shut down his Facebook on Sunday, May 10...just as the Murder week began? They were taken captive on May 13. Murdered on May 14. Suddenly he goes dark on social media????

Is that what "cached" a Facebook page means?

I'm sure someone will correct me, but that IS ANOTHER very strange coincidence.

I don't think it is strange that he shut down his FB. He knew he had taken those stupid pics of himself driving his dead boss's expensive cars. His MOm probably demanded he shut it down immediately. I would have. :slap:

I believe a woman was driving. The two men were in the back with the money and the money orders. They had just come from a motel, nobody was "at a job." The police spotted the car and the truck in the parking lot of the motel.

I think we will find out much more as the full scope of the case is revealed. But thank you for your personal opinion.

IIRC none of them were checked into the hotel. Sounded like they met up in the motel parking lot...

question:
I am wondering why was this crime was committed on a weekday (Wed/Thurs) and not the weekend?
I don't know why I think the middle of the week strikes me odd for some reason............I realize about the withdrawal of money and banking hours.

He did whatever tasks was asked of him. NG worked there Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and was supposed to be there Friday. What could she do? I can't imagine that it was just cleaning...all those days. It was noted in the first threads that this family and their employees "crossed lines" and did things that would not fall under normal duties of their titles.

He was an assistant who did whatever his boss needed assisting with.

ETA - there were other employees there as well, and I am sure they verified that JW was there.

They had a 'Grand Opening' to set up for. That involves a lot of hands. People to move tables and chairs around. Set up things. Wash Windows. Set up equipment. So many things to be done.

,,,,...and there again to contridicutions. one saying it was misrepresented as 4, the other saying it was misrepresented as 5.

since none of these persons were charged its not like we can find those documents either :(

question:
I am wondering why was this crime was committed on a weekday (Wed/Thurs) and not the weekend?
I don't know why I think the middle of the week strikes me odd for some reason............I realize about the withdrawal of money and banking hours.
You can't get money out of the bank if the bank is closed. Also, neighbors would stay home on weekend, more potential witnesses.

question:

Banks are closed. If DW wanted money he would not choose a weekend. Plus, too many visitors coming and going on a weekend.

No, because we knew Wint had the money.

Yes, DW had money. Someone who can shell out $1000 for a cab ride can shell out a few bucks to get a UHaul or a rental car. DW didn't need to bum a ride and could do check cashing when his family member was off work if that was all they intended to do with the vehicles. There's no need to use company property on company time and escalate the risk compared to using something less conspicuous and less tracked by the owner, especially with DW flush with cash and shown he'll spend big bucks to not thumb rides.

What is out of the ordinary is the truck being constantly referred to as a "rolling garage" with people here implying that the crime was committed for the cars. IMO the motivation for the crime was money and greed, not the cars.

I don't see what is out of the ordinary with using the company's own description of their vehicles to describe it as that's their marketing hook for selling the service:
A virtual “rolling garage,” each Mobile Service Center (MSC) is customized to meet the preventative maintenance and repair needs of all fleet vehicles, especially those in remote locations not easily serviced by a dedicated garage.
http://www.ameritfleetsolutions.com...ree-fleet-maintenance-mobile-service-centers/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1