DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't ID and locate anyone except W-3. All phone tipsters leave their names and addresses so they can be contacted by police, unless they are trying to hide something.

How do you know W3 didn't leave his name and number?
Police released the photo of the car and were asking people to contact them if they saw this car.

It does not take a "photographic memory" to call in and say..."Hey, we are on mile number x of Highway *advertiser censored*....and there's a car out here weaving in and out, driving erratically, ...it's a ( description) driving it and the car is a (description.)"

It takes a photographic memory to describe the car, the driver, his hair and what he was wearing all in a matter of seconds. Most cars that are driving erratically are moving pretty fast. I question how anther driver can be so detailed in his description, yet not notice the driver wore dreads. I still believe W-3 gave a deliberately false description of the driver to throw off LE. Or Wint left the Savvas house on foot and caught the Metro bus home.

Yes it was. The head of the fugitive task force was interviewed on CNN on Thursday after Wint's arrest. He did not mention the truck or the significance of the truck as part of the investigation. I'm sure if the truck was a "rolling garage" it would have been mentioned as such. The back of the truck was visible in photos. All I saw were boxes (maybe containing car parts) and a tool chest. Nothing out of the ordinary for a mobile car fleet repair truck.

I watched that report, and he would not mention ANYTHING except how
they tracked DDW. He was repeatedly asked, and kept saying " it was just his job to track fugitive and immediately turns over to LE, FBI whatever.
So he could not report anything about what was found.

Otherwise, I'd rarely remember much about a car - 'Officer, it was blue, had four wheels, and I'm pretty sure it was a two-door.' LOL, but not kidding (not much). JM2ct, could be wrong.

LOL! That's exactly what I would say. I would give a description of the car and maybe the race of the driver. But that's about it. :)

It takes a photographic memory to describe the car, the driver, his hair and what he was wearing all in a matter of seconds. Most cars that are driving erratically are moving pretty fast. I question how anther driver can be so detailed in his description, yet not notice the driver wore dreads. I still believe W-3 gave a deliberately false description of the driver to throw off LE. Or Wint left the Savvas house on foot and caught the Metro bus home.

How do you know witness doesn't have photographic memory? Dreads could have been pulled back giving the appearance of short hair. Again, police released photo of the car and were asking people to contact them if they saw this car.
I find absolutely nothing strange that somebody contacted them, because that is exactly what police were asking witnesses to do. If Wint left the house on foot, how did Porsche ended up burned, with a green vest inside?

W-3 got at least 2 things right, blue Porsche and green vest

If he was deliberately trying to throw off the LE about the driver he would mention the Porsche and maybe the vest. It is suspicious that his description is so detailed yet he failed to see the dreads.

It takes a photographic memory to describe the car, the driver, his hair and what he was wearing all in a matter of seconds. Most cars that are driving erratically are moving pretty fast. I question how ∫. I still believe W-3 gave a deliberately false description of the driver to throw off LE. Or Wint left the Savvas house on foot and caught the Metro bus home.

This confuses a bunch of issues. One is perception, the other is memory encoding, and the third is recall. Seconds is a lifetime in memory encoding, especially if you're paying attention. My experiments gave people 50 milliseconds to encode and people could do a pretty good job. You can misperceive a visual feature or misrecall a feature, getting one or two details wrong, and still be able to describe an episode and many of the other visual features very well.

I am probably the worst person in the world that could remember a description of someone but seriously, even I could remember this simple one.

If he was deliberately trying to throw off the LE about the driver he would mention the Porsche and maybe the vest. It is suspicious that his description is so detailed yet he failed to see the dreads.

Well, if he was really trying to throw them off, he could have said a white woman drove it. Why would he say it was a black male?
Early on, there were APB out on black male. I was surprised because you can't see the race of the person on video (who is running away).
They must have used statement of W3 to get that APB.

I see Porsches on the road every day. A 2008 Porsche is no more distinctive than any other expensive car on the road in D.C. Do you see expensive cars on the road where you live? Can you remember the drivers; their hair, and what they were wearing?

Maybe the driver annoyed him, so he remembered it.

The Porsche was spotted 12 miles away. Try to recall any car you saw on the road yesterday or the day before. Do you remember who was driving the car; or their hair; or what they were wearing?

I think it was a combination of circumstances: LE asking for tips, a car driven erratically enough to draw attention, then W3 realizes it's a Porsche like the one LE mentioned (or not), W3 sees the driver is wearing a green safety vest, which would seem out of the ordinary to me, and make me look more closely at the driver. It's not a ton of info. W3 sees a Porsche driving erratically and the driver is wearing a green vest. Driver appears to the witness to be a clean cut African American man with short hair.

Assuming that's all the info called in, it would be after the burning car was found with the green vest inside that LE would know the tip was valuable. Who knows how many tips they received about Porsches that didn't pan out?

Maybe he didn't see the dreads because the driver wasn't wearing dreads. It's a pretty simple concept, really. Two different men involved at different times with the same car on the same day.

Authorities linked what may have been two different men to Amy Savopoulos’ blue Porsche 911 the day of the killings. One, “with short, well-groomed hair,” was spotted driving erratically away from the crime scene. Another, wearing a dark hoodie, was videotaped carrying a bucket near where the Porsche was set on fire later that day.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...983f10-0036-11e5-8c77-bf274685e1df_story.html

I had no idea where it was in relationship to the house and to the burning until I get did map today. perhaps some of us who don't live in Washington thought it was near the house?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

It was seen between the house and the church. If not for the vest found in the burning car, I doubt W3 ever would have been interviewed by LE.

I think it was a combination of circumstances: LE asking for tips, a car driven erratically enough to draw attention, then W3 realizes it's a Porsche like the one LE mentioned (or not), W3 sees the driver is wearing a green safety vest, which would seem out of the ordinary to me, and make me look more closely at the driver. It's not a ton of info. W3 sees a Porsche driving erratically and the driver is wearing a green vest. Driver appears to the witness to be a clean cut African American man with short hair.

Assuming that's all the info called in, it would be after the burning car was found with the green vest inside that LE would know the tip was valuable. Who knows how many tips they received about Porsches that didn't pan out?

Exactly. When burned green vest was found in the car, LE knew W3 was a credible witness, because that detail was not released.
The short hair thing is very misleading, IMO. Wint does have dreads, but if he pulls them back, it could look like short hair.

Exactly. When burned green vest was found in the car, LE knew W3 was a credible witness, because that detail was not released.
The short hair thing is very misleading, IMO. Wint does have dreads, but if he pulls them back, it could look like short hair.

Or maybe he had a dark hood pulled up, like in the "running man" video.

Sorry I didn't make it more clear. Yes, SS was found dead in the home. But I seriously doubt he told the bank, accountant or the AIW employee that he was at home because it would have raised a red flag. I think he told them he was at the Chantilly dojo and needed his driver to pick up the cash and bring it to him.

I do not believe fetching and delivering cash was a routine assignment for JW. There was absolutely no reason for him to go to Chantilly Thursday morning unless he was pretending to deliver the cash and be working with SS at the dojo.

JMO

Except, if JW is not involved in the crime, if he was supposed to work at the dojo on Thursday, he would have dropped of "the package" on the way. Why wouldn't he go to the hardware store to run a dojo-related errand on the way? I actually think he IS somehow involved, but I am open to information that erodes or supports my theory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1