DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The head of the fugitive task force stated on CNN that once they arrested DDW he turned it over to law enforcement IMMEDIATELY! He could not, AND DID NOT give any details what so ever. I remember this because I was bummed he wouldn't say anything. In fact, he was very evasive about how they were able to track him (since DDW left his phone with girlfriend)
He kept saying "I'm not going to talk about that"

Exactly. When burned green vest was found in the car, LE knew W3 was a credible witness, because that detail was not released.
The short hair thing is very misleading, IMO. Wint does have dreads, but if he pulls them back, it could look like short hair.

I think the witness would know if shown a photo line-up as to whether Wint was the driver or not.

iirc early news stories reported that a personal assistant had left a package at the mansion's doorstep. I just assumed some neighbor had seen a package there and perhaps identified the person leaving it as a personal assistant. However, that early story could have been completely inaccurate. It would appear objectively that DDW came by the money somehow and as well that an AIW employee collected money from the bank and handed it over to JW to deliver as this information is in LE docs. However, I do not know that any LE statement in docs or in press conferences report where the money was put, only what JW had to say to them, and only that an empty manila envelope was found as well as that JW was seen to put the money in a red bag by the employee who carried out the bank transaction and that he sent a photo of it. Please correct and reiterate if anyone can exactly what LE has declared about JW's money-drop.

I almost lost it with the third link (phillip's) photo gallery. The 7th picture with him as a little boy holding his blanket. And then #33, the closeup with the straw...where you can look right in his eyes. Why was this beautiful boy who was so evidently happy snuffed out so horribly??

Pretty hard to swallow this could have happened to a child.

I like reading your opinions, mindful, of course, that they are ONLY your opinions.

So, if I'm following your theory. The driver of the truck was on a job. At 11PM. In the Howard Johnson parking lot.

In that parking lot, on the job, he encountered Wint and just let him put the money and money orders in the back of the truck and followed him....out of friendship?

Some companies (such as rental car companies) have cars on the road 24 hours a day that may require repair. So the time that he was in the truck is not significant. He must have been employed by the company because those trucks are not rented out to individuals and it was not described as stolen by the head of the fugitive task force or the supplement to the affidavit. So the company cooperating with LE makes sense if the driver was employed by them.

I see Porsches on the road every day. A 2008 Porsche is no more distinctive than any other expensive car on the road in D.C. Do you see expensive cars on the road where you live? Can you remember the drivers; their hair, and what they were wearing?

If it was being driven by a maniac, I might. I've even memorized license plates because I saw something that struck me as odd and thought I might need it later. (Haven't yet.) If someone is weaving in and out of traffic at a high rate of speed, and then I notice the driver of a high end car is wearing a green safety vest like those warn by construction workers, I would think it odd. Why wouldn't he take off his work vest before getting in the car? Would seem like someone was in a hurry to get into the car and then in a hurry to get where ever they are going. It would strike me as odd and if I soon after heard LE was looking for a missing Porsche from a horrible crime scene, I would think "Maybe that was the car! I better call, just in case."

But, as I've said before, I'm the suspicious type. :)

You don't think the cash and money orders were "out of the ordinary?"

I don't think any of us "can be sure" that we would have been told ANY details of this case at this point. LE will tell us when and if more arrests are made.

No, because we knew Wint had the money. What is out of the ordinary is the truck being constantly referred to as a "rolling garage" with people here implying that the crime was committed for the cars. IMO the motivation for the crime was money and greed, not the cars.

Yes. When FB removes a page, it shows a FB "sorry this page is unavailable". FB almost always removes murderers and other criminals pages. If you look up Jordan's page, it is just a blank white screen. And if you look at PS and AS pages, there is a blank spot where his page used to be.

ETA - the cached pages actually don't show likes at all. It shows favorites. And there is a whole list of them, and then you can click on "more" and it will show you the rest.

Thank you! I meant "favorites" instead of "likes"- getting my SM terms all boggled.

I watched that report, and he would not mention ANYTHING except how
they tracked DDW. He was repeatedly asked, and kept saying " it was just his job to track fugitive and immediately turns over to LE, FBI whatever.
So he could not report anything about what was found.

I watch CNN all day. He was interviewed a few times on different days.

I think it was a combination of circumstances: LE asking for tips, a car driven erratically enough to draw attention, then W3 realizes it's a Porsche like the one LE mentioned (or not), W3 sees the driver is wearing a green safety vest, which would seem out of the ordinary to me, and make me look more closely at the driver. It's not a ton of info. W3 sees a Porsche driving erratically and the driver is wearing a green vest. Driver appears to the witness to be a clean cut African American man with short hair.

Assuming that's all the info called in, it would be after the burning car was found with the green vest inside that LE would know the tip was valuable. Who knows how many tips they received about Porsches that didn't pan out?

Just to be clear...the asking for information about the Porsche was NOT done until after W-3 saw it.

W-3 stated it saw the Porsche at 1:30 on Thursday. The fire was still burning at that point, and there was no search for that car.

In fact, I don't think the Porsche was put into play until after it was found burning. Which is say, late evening on Thursday. I think it was found around 5:50pm, and they would need time to trace it back to the Savopoulos home.

I could be wrong about that, but I think I have that pretty straight.

Except, if JW is not involved in the crime, if he was supposed to work at the dojo on Thursday, he would have dropped of "the package" on the way. Why wouldn't he go to the hardware store to run a dojo-related errand on the way? I actually think he IS somehow involved, but I am open to information that erodes or supports my theory...

what "work" could JW possibly do at the dojo if SS isn't there? He was a driver/personal assistant to SS.

Well, if he was really trying to throw them off, he could have said a white woman drove it. Why would he say it was a black male?
Early on, there were APB out on black male. I was surprised because you can't see the race of the person on video (who is running away).
They must have used statement of W3 to get that APB.

LE never mentioned the race of the person seen running in the video. Race wasn't mentioned until they knew the ID of Wint. If race was mentioned when they released the video, please provide a link.

i will always say 4/5 other people cause that is one thing that has never really been consistant or cleared up in the media.

No, because we knew Wint had the money. What is out of the ordinary is the truck being constantly referred to as a "rolling garage" with people here implying that the crime was committed for the cars. IMO the motivation for the crime was money and greed, not the cars.

You really should read the news articles you link more carefully. The media described the truck as a "rolling garage."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1