DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth be told, we don't know when W-3 reported he/she saw the car. We only what we read in the affidavit about the time and place of the sighting. We knew about the Porsche on Thursday (the day of the murders) because a neighbor reported seeing it speeding down the street outside the house on Wednesday, the day before the fire.

And again, the neighbor didn't report about seeing that until after LE put out the call. Which I believe that happened on Friday. They first put out the call to anyone seeing the Porsche that afternoon. Then when they realized that this had been taking place starting on Wednesday, they updated the report asking if anyone had seen it Wednesday. At least that is my understanding.

The Porsche was not "missing" from the family until it was found on fire. I have no doubt that they ran the plates, saw that it was registered to SS, and tied it to the horrible murder they were currently investigating.

I guess in that 4 hours they could have interviewed every employee and put their registered cars list together and realized it was missing. But I am not sure that would have been the top of their list of things that they needed to find out. It makes more sense to me that the Porsche was tied in to the family when it was found on fire.

If I am wrong, I have no doubt I will be set straight!

They had a 'Grand Opening' to set up for. That involves a lot of hands. People to move tables and chairs around. Set up things. Wash Windows. Set up equipment. So many things to be done.

Exactly!

Yes, DW had money. Someone who can shell out $1000 for a cab ride can shell out a few bucks to get a UHaul or a rental car. DW didn't need to bum a ride and could do check cashing when his family member was off work if that was all they intended to do with the vehicles. There's no need to use company property on company time and escalate the risk compared to using something less conspicuous and less tracked by the owner, especially with DW flush with cash and shown he'll spend big bucks to not thumb rides.

I don't see what is out of the ordinary with using the company's own description of their vehicles to describe it as that's their marketing hook for selling the service:

http://www.ameritfleetsolutions.com...ree-fleet-maintenance-mobile-service-centers/

You have to show ID to get a rental car or truck. He took an Uber from NYC back to DC. They don't ask for ID, I don't think? I don't know, we don't have them where I live because I live in a small town. LOL!!

Well, one can not be sure what the driver's relationship to the truck is other than that he was driving it. We do not yet know how DW and/or accomplices came by the truck or why they felt the need of a truck. It is possible that at the time of the CD, a nexus had not been drawn fully between truck and DW, DW and the others, the truck and the crime etc. As well, LE does not have to mention anything at this stage they do not want to in the CD, which as others have pointed out had a narrow focus. Perhaps the truck was only being used to hide and transport the cash and the M.Os so if DW was stopped in his transport, LE would find him but not the money connected to the crime. And perhaps the truck would have been used to transfer stashed goods, or yes, some kind of vehicle--even a new purchase such as a motorcycle. We do tend to think, some of us, that the crime plan was to get more than 40,000 dollars and might include a collector car or its vital parts. However, given research into this kind of truck and its purpose, "rolling garage" could be an exaggeration. I don't believe still that we can rule out that the original plan might have included a larger theft than of that cash from the bank. JMO

For all we know, they were planning another home invasion/robbery. I don't believe that easily pawnable electronics such as TVs, audio systems, jewelry was left in the SS home and it all torched.

JMO

But you would confuse dreads for short, well groomed hair? Even if the dreads are pulled back, I have never confused dreads for short hair.

Who says W3 is confused? Could be a different person driving. There was a fair amount of time between the last time the car was seen at the house and it being spotted on NY Ave. Then a fair amount of time between W3's spotting the Porsche and it being found burning behind the church.

How much money, gold/silver and jewelry (that was in the house) do folks think the killers took in addition to the $40K?

Then the description is definitely suspect if he couldn't see the driver's hair.

I wouldn't keep writing correctives except that it's important for this and most cases and this misunderstanding is common. Not being able to perceive/remember a visual feature doesn't nullify everything about a memory.

Witness 2 is not an employee.

How do we know? They don't tell us anything about W2 in the charging docs. Not even that IT is W1's significant other - never have seen where that was confirmed.

You have to show ID to get a rental car or truck. He took an Uber from NYC back to DC. They don't ask for ID, I don't think? I don't know, we don't have them where I live because I live in a small town. LOL!!

But he wasn't driving either vehicle, so he doesn't have to show his ID. There was a choice of at least 4 people other than him that could have chauffeured him around in a rented truck or car without needing to commandeer a company vehicle on company time.

You can't get money out of the bank if the bank is closed. Also, neighbors would stay home on weekend, more potential witnesses.

they are open on FRi and sat morn. or do the kidnap on a Sun and bank open on Mon................
I have a feeling that they knew he families routine, knew he son was out of school etc...............
the day chosen

They didn't ID and locate anyone except W-3. All phone tipsters leave their names and addresses so they can be contacted by police, unless they are trying to hide something.

From the CD:
Members of the Major Crimes/Cold Case Homicide Unit conducted an investigation into this offense.
Members identified, located, and interviewed a Person identified hereafter as W-1.

And again, the neighbor didn't report about seeing that until after LE put out the call. Which I believe that happened on Friday. They first put out the call to anyone seeing the Porsche that afternoon. Then when they realized that this had been taking place starting on Wednesday, they updated the report asking if anyone had seen it Wednesday. At least that is my understanding.

You said the call wasn't put out about the Porsche missing until W-3 saw it. But we don't know when W-3 called police to report the sighting. The affidavit was released a week later. But a neighbor told reporters on Thursday that he saw the car speeding on Wednesday. I'm sure LE asked the employees/family if any cars were missing the day of the fire.

You can't get money out of the bank if the bank is closed. Also, neighbors would stay home on weekend, more potential witnesses.

I said that I know about the banking hours...............

But isn't that calling in a tip? When you report anything to 911 don't they ask you for your name?

The few times we've called 911 or the non-emergency number for police, we were asked if we wanted to leave our name and/or phone number.

But what did DW need this truck for?

I am not sure that he needed that truck for anything specific. I think that his brother or best friend drove it for work, so they went for a joy ride under pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soloinsight