DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm being real nit picky here. If the girlfriend, is thought to be W2, what is she a witness to? Generally, a witness is regarded as someone who saw a crime. W1 witnessed some kind of money transaction. W2 just received a texted photo of the money.

I guess LE just labeled her as a witness in order to not use her name?

Sometimes I think too much.

Is it clear with what was seen on Wednesday whether they were speeding to or speeding away from the house? Could that have been SS? I raise it being SS since I think if they only had one Porsche that they both drove since they are both members of a Porsche club and it would be rather silly for SS to belong to the club if he didn't even drive a Porsche (or that the S family owned more than one Porsche).
Just from what I remember it was away because I also was wondering if it could have been SS maybe running late or heck JW driving even.

I'm being real nit picky here. If the girlfriend, is thought to be W2, what is she a witness to? Generally, a witness is regarded as someone who saw a crime. W1 witnessed some kind of money transaction. W2 just received a texted photo of the money.

She received a text photo of the "ransom" money -- that makes her a witness.

Thanks, you are right. Sorry! Porsche seen driving erratically away from crime scene with black man with short, well-groomed hair THURS. Fast driving was a Weds.

Do we know the times of these sightings? I am thinking if the last time the Porsche was seen in the neighborhood was 10:30 on Thurs, that the erratic driver sighting?

The erratic driving was around 1:30 or so I think?

That is of course, true.

But I would think if LE had any sort of evidence that JW was involved...he would not be walking free more than 2 weeks after the crime. If he was involved, he is as potentially dangerous as DDW. Or at least charged with something, and then released on bail or something? Or maybe I am just naive.

However, they can think someone is involved but isn't a murderer or dangerous, like with the other people they let go. If this was just an ordinary case I'd think what you are saying would describe the most likely conclusion, but given how they let those 5 people go despite some of then literally having blood money on their hands connected to a wanted quadruple murder suspect, I just don't think it is the most likely conclusion to draw that LE would have already charged someone they thought connected in some way to the murders. As some have floated on here that JW may have been involved but never agreed to or participated in the murders and that the murders could have been spur of the moment by Wint rather than planned. I for instance am not inclined to think JW plotted a murder, but I could see how if he was desperate that he'd plot some other financial crime that ended up going horribly wrong and not at all how he expected. JW for instance could have plotted something with the expectation that the family would live and he'd still have a job the next day.

That is a good question since I believe LE mentioned at least one other person they got information from (AIW employee who got the cash) who wasn't listed as a witness.

That is of course, true.

But I would think if LE had any sort of evidence that JW was involved...he would not be walking free more than 2 weeks after the crime. If he was involved, he is as potentially dangerous as DDW. Or at least charged with something, and then released on bail or something? Or maybe I am just naive.

I don't think you are being naive. We simply don't know what LE is doing. We know they think multiple people are involved and investigated JW and were misled by him about the ransom money. It is certain they have not written off his involvement as innocent. I looked at the charging docs again and it is very carefully worded in terms of not stating JW's story as fact, but as "he stated he put the envelope in the car...", etc.

He might be working with them now to bring charges against others. If he is readily complying, maybe he doesn't get arrested? Witness protection? I know it might seem farfetched, but so does burning s child alive for $40k, or $20k if we believe the money was split and that's why DW had roughly $20k in 100's.

I also might be naive in thinking they do have their guys/gals identified and want to get the most info possible in the investigation, then make their arrests bulletproof. We know they didn't arrest the money laundering friends, so it is not bizarre that they also haven't arrested JW. JMO.

That is of course, true.

I don't think you are being naive. We simply don't know what LE is doing. We know they think multiple people are involved and investigated JW and were misled by him about the ransom money. It is certain they have not written off his involvement as innocent. I looked at the charging docs again and it is very carefully worded in terms of not stating JW's story as fact, but as "he stated he put the envelope in the car...", etc.

He might be working with them now to bring charges against others. If he is readily complying, maybe he doesn't get arrested? Witness protection? I know it might seem farfetched, but so does burning s child alive for $40k, or $20k if we believe the money was split and that's why DW had roughly $20k in 100's.

I also might be naive in thinking they do have their guys/gals identified and want to get the most info possible in the investigation, then make their arrests bulletproof. We know they didn't arrest the money laundering friends, so it is not bizarre that they also haven't arrested JW. JMO.

Also, I "think" admittedly lying to LE in an investigation of a quadruple homicide might be considered evidence in some way, or is maybe even illegal. And they didn't arrest him for that. I think they want more info. They only have chance to do this right.

My WAG is that the Amerit truck was driven by the fellow family member who had also been employed by AIW. Specifically mentioned with those mobile service trucks is that they have welding capabilities:
http://www.ameritfleetsolutions.com/amerit_videos/mobile-service-center/
I do think there was a specific purpose to use that truck as opposed to his family member driving around in their own car as I do think there are large objects of some kind that were stolen and moved elsewhere where at a minimum they wanted to move stolen merchandise in the truck if not it having to do with something vehicle-related, like if PS's go-kart could have fit in the truck as I've heard no mention of where that's at or that it has been accounted for.

Also, I "think" admittedly lying to LE in an investigation of a quadruple homicide might be considered evidence in some way, or is maybe even illegal. And they didn't arrest him for that. I think they want more info. They only have chance to do this right.

This gives an outline of what you can be charged with if you lied to the police:
http://www.criminaldefenselawyer.co...defense/crime-penalties/lie-police-friend.htm
Depending on what JW did to his social media/website, that itself could be a crime if he removed posts from them rather than just hid them from public view. With the charging doc itself is a criminal admission by JW that could at least be charged with Making False Statements.

I just want to clarify this: A neighbor stated she saw the Porsche leaving/driving down the street at a high rate of speed on Weds afternoon. A witness saw the Porsche driving erratically on Thursday.

IIRC, it was seen miles away on X street. What street was that, and how was it tied together so quickly to this if it was miles away? Does anyone recall have link? I have a map ... lemme post.... Where on that map was the car sited?

TIA

Locations.JPG
Far left red dot – 13930 Willard Drive, Chantilly VA-Martial Arts studio which has AIW branch next door to it
Second to left dot – 3200 block of Woodland Drive NW (Savopoulous residence)
Two dots together to the right of that – The Howard Johnsons where they began following, to Rhode Island Avenue and 10th Street NE – Arrest on May 21st
Far right dot – 8000 block of Anapolis Road, New Carrolton MD where the burned Porsche was found on May 14th

washingtonpost.com

ETA: Added what dots were on map

Why did SS call JW at 11:54 (last call) what could JW have done or gotten for him that might have kept him and family alive? Or was it a tip from DW to JW?

IIRC, it was seen miles away on X street. What street was that, and how was it tied together so quickly to this if it was miles away? Does anyone recall have link? I have a map ... lemme post.... Where on that map was the car sited?

TIA

RSBM

Court Doc:
W-3 provided that at approximately 1:30PM IT observed a blue Porsche 911 driving outbound on NewYork Avenue. Northeast, Washington, D.C., headed towards Maryland. The vehicle was being driven erratically by a black male, with short well groomed hair, wearing a neon lime green construction vest.

I'll let you map it

I'm curious what JW was driving the day he dropped off the package/money.

My WAG is that the Amerit truck was driven by the fellow family member who had also been employed by AIW. Specifically mentioned with those mobile service trucks is that they have welding capabilities:
http://www.ameritfleetsolutions.com/amerit_videos/mobile-service-center/
I do think there was a specific purpose to use that truck as opposed to his family member driving around in their own car as I do think there are large objects of some kind that were stolen and moved elsewhere where at a minimum they wanted to move stolen merchandise in the truck if not it having to do with something vehicle-related, like if PS's go-kart could have fit in the truck as I've heard no mention of where that's at or that it has been accounted for.

That's a pretty good question!! I don't know where it was kept, though.
If you scoll down to the Jay Howard coach picture with RS in this link
http://www.nate-thayer.com/race-car...ect-in-washington-savopoulos-murder-whodunit/,

the cart they are standing in front of is a Praga. NOW I remember the link on DW's facebook(?) page - or one of the social media sites of his that has now disappeared. He had four links up front and center of things he loved or something like that. One of them was cats. One of them was a car link, Praga. I remembered "Prada" or something and searched everywhere for it later, looking for a car connection. The original link went to a page of a closed-type blue fancy car, which I think would be a certain type of go-kart/racing car. I'm now certain that link was Praga. I just couldn't quite remember it.

One thing I forgot about that I just read that doesn't necessarily bode well for JW is that the police said in the beginning that they believed the family and VF were being held by someone they knew. Although I guess that technically be DW, depending on what they meant. But it reads like they were taking about an insider.

Bringing over Spanish Inquisition's post from last thread.
"....That you have a job of some kind doesn't mean you haven't taken a downward spiral. We also for instance don't know how things were working out between JW and SS where JW might have received a hint that he was probably going to lose his job with SS before too long as I would think him only having been there a few weeks was still on a trial run instead of SS's job being firm at that point." bbm sbm

As you say, SpanInq, things may not have been working out w JW on the job. TV & movie typically depict wealthy ppl/corp.officers firing 'underlings' in sudden, raised-voiced, emotional outbursts w name-calling, & strings of accusations, in front of other employees. Not typical from what I've heard (second-hand) re RL terminations by senior offcrs.

Some here said: Mr S must have been cool w JW's plastering S fam cars pix on his SM. I wonder if that is true. As others have mentioned, some ppl require household or business/corporate employees to sign Non Disclosure Agreements (in hopes of preventing that). Here? IDK.
I imagine a termination, a Friday afternoon, just JW, Mr S, and maybe HR-rep-as-witness, w Mr S saying in a low key tone: 'JW, we appreciate your service but find its not a good fit for our needs now, so Mrs McGuilicutty has your check w two month's pay ready for you.'
I doubt he wd/mention JW's disregard for fam's privacy, when Mr S w/regard that as acharacter flawthat cannot be counselled away, just as SM cannot be totally scrubbed.

Maybe JW picked up those vibes, wanted to preclude the Fri. afternoon chat he saw coming, maybe wanted to kick-start racing career funds. Mr S's sponsorship was not likely to materialize after JW was ex-employee. IDK. JM2cts speculation, not opn.

TIA

View attachment 75629
Far left red dot – 13930 Willard Drive, Chantilly VA-Martial Arts studio which has AIW branch next door to it
Second to left dot – 3200 block of Woodland Drive NW (Savopoulous residence)
Two dots together to the right of that – The Howard Johnsons where they began following, to Rhode Island Avenue and 10th Street NE – Arrest on May 21st
Far right dot – 8000 block of Anapolis Road, New Carrolton MD where the burned Porsche was found on May 14th

washingtonpost.com

ETA: Added what dots were on map

RSBM

Court Doc:
W-3 provided that at approximately 1:30PM IT observed a blue Porsche 911 driving outbound on NewYork Avenue. Northeast, Washington, D.C., headed towards Maryland. The vehicle was being driven erratically by a black male, with short well groomed hair, wearing a neon lime green construction vest.

I'll let you map it

OK, I mapped it. The marker is just on the street in general, not specific.

newyorkaveneu.jpg
source: google

ETA: I do not have technical knowledge of how to drop another dot in a map to show where this is in relation to the first map, sorry

That's a pretty good question!! I don't know where it was kept, though.
If you scoll down to the Jay Howard coach picture with RS in this link
http://www.nate-thayer.com/race-car...ect-in-washington-savopoulos-murder-whodunit/,

the cart they are standing in front of is a Praga. NOW I remember the link on DW's facebook(?) page - or one of the social media sites of his that has now disappeared. He had four links up front and center of things he loved or something like that. One of them was cats. One of them was a car link, Praga. I remembered "Prada" or something and searched everywhere for it later, looking for a car connection. The original link went to a page of a closed-type blue fancy car, which I think would be a certain type of go-kart. I'm now certain that link was Praga. I just couldn't quite remember it.

Interesting! Did anyone screen-cap DW's FB???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1