DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I forgot about that I just read that doesn't necessarily bode well for JW is that the police said in the beginning that they believed the family and VF were being held by someone they knew. Although I guess that technically be DW, depending on what they meant. But it reads like they were taking about an insider.

I don't recall police saying that. Do you have a link?

That's a pretty good question!! I don't know where it was kept, though.
If you scoll down to the Jay Howard coach picture with RS in this link
http://www.nate-thayer.com/race-car...ect-in-washington-savopoulos-murder-whodunit/,

the cart they are standing in front of is a Praga. NOW I remember the link on DW's facebook(?) page - or one of the social media sites of his that has now disappeared. He had four links up front and center of things he loved or something like that. One of them was cats. One of them was a car link, Praga. I remembered "Prada" or something and searched everywhere for it later, looking for a car connection. The original link went to a page of a closed-type blue fancy car, which I think would be a certain type of go-kart. I'm now certain that link was Praga. I just couldn't quite remember it.

I am not sure if you are confused about the initials or just typed wrong?

Did you mean JW or DDW??

DDW's facebook has been taken down by FB, but the cached page is still there, and there is nothing like that on there.

If you are talking about JW, why would it be a surprise that he liked the same type of Go-Kart that PS used??

Because it would only be a surprise to me if he didn't!!!

I am not sure if you are confused about the initials or just typed wrong?

Did you mean JW or DDW??

DDW's facebook has been taken down by FB, but the cached page is still there, and there is nothing like that on there.

If you are talking about JW, why would it be a surprise that he liked the same type of Go-Kart that PS used??

Because it would only be a surprise to me if he didn't!!!

I'm talking about DDW. I'm not sure if it was facebook or instagram or something else. I don't do any of those, I just searched right away before the page went down and there was at least a cached version. There were four links, as I said, and one was to Praga and went directly to a fancy blue car. I don't know if it was a racing car or what.

I'm talking about DDW. I'm not sure if it was facebook or instagram or something else. I don't do any of those, I just searched right away before the page went down and there was at least a cached version. There were four links, as I said, and one was to Praga and went directly to a fancy blue car. I don't know if it was a racing car or what.

Well, I just went to his cached FB page and there is nothing like that. Even remotely relating to racing. But whatever...

Well, I just went to his cached FB page and there is nothing like that. Even remotely relating to racing. But whatever...

It was there. It was his page - but I don't know if it was FB or not. I thought two things were curious at the time. One was the link to the fancy car site that I did not realize was a RACING car site, now I do, and that's why I mention it. The other was the cats. Because we were wondering why the dogs were still alive. So I thought maybe he likes pets. It was DDW, though.

NG also said, very early on, that SS told her earlier in the week to help out at the dojo three days that week INSTEAD of cleaning their house on Thursday. If someone has the link that would be great.

"Gutierrez said in the interview that Savvas Savopoulos had asked her to help at the studio on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, instead of at the couple’s home on Thursday."

Taken from: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

I don't think that's right.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/1...eeper-not-to-visit-before-being-killed-in-dc/
"'I don't understand why. God saved my life,' the housekeeper who received the text told ABC News."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/houseke...-new-clues-in-upscale-dc-neighborhood-murder/
"Nelitza Gutierrez, the family's second housekeeper of 20 years was warned not to come to the house the night before the family's home was set on fire.

She was supposed to report to their home on Thursday, but got an unusual message Wednesday night from the owner, and one of the victims, Savvas Savopolous, telling her she wasn't needed because their other housekeeper Vera Figeroa was staying the night.

'Like maybe they changed plans at the last minute? They say not to come,' Gutierrez said."

It's also been reported that NG wasn't supposed to come on Thursday anyway, because she was helping with the new Dojo that week on other days.
Here:
"Gutierrez said in the interview that Savvas Savopoulos had asked her to help at the studio on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, instead of at the couple’s home on Thursday."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...140154-fbf7-11e4-9030-b4732caefe81_story.html

IIRC, NG said she was to work at the dojo on Friday (instead of her usual day at the house on Thursday.) She was cleaning another client's house on the day of the murders/fire, as that's where grandmother S called her. This is all according to MSM/NG, so take with a grain of salt.

I thought that NG was supposed to work at the SS house on Thursday, which is why she got texts and calls from AS making sure she wasn't coming to the house. Then, according to at least one article I read, NG found another job to do that day. I always thought it was curious that she managed to line up one of her other clients on such short notice.

I thought it was agreed NG was NOT supposed to clean on Thursday. Hence, the messages from AS were probably sent as a "help." None of the curious messages sent from the S's though were deciphered by their recipients.

I still find it so curious, that she usually helped out her friend only on Thursday, yet Amy mentions Monday in that text.

Text.JPG
foxnews.com

It was there. It was his page - but I don't know if it was FB or not. I thought two things were curious at the time. One was the link to the fancy car site that I did not realize was a RACING car site, now I do, and that's why I mention it. The other was the cats. Because we were wondering why the dogs were still alive. So I thought maybe he likes pets. It was DDW, though.

Also at the time, nobody even suspected JW because it hadn't been revealed he lied yet, so I wasn't sleuthing him then. It was right when they released Wint's name.

Also at the time, nobody even suspected JW because it hadn't been revealed he lied yet, so I wasn't sleuthing him then. It was right when they released Wint's name.

I wonder if the Go-cart is accounted for...or if it is kept at a home track? The way golfers keep their golf clubs at their Club?

Since DW brags about being self employed and obviously likes cars...maybe he hung around the Track as well?

What kind of car does DW have as the header on his Facebook page...the blue one?

Does anyone know/or what time JW dropped money off? Was DW disappointed with $$
amount, is this the reason JW was contacted at 11:54.

I wonder if the Go-cart is accounted for...or if it is kept at a home track? The way golfers keep their golf clubs at their Club?

Since DW brags about being self employed and obviously likes cars...maybe he hung around the Track as well?

What kind of car does DW have as the header on his Facebook page...the blue one?

If you mean the part that I saw, it wasn't a header. It was one of four links in the main part of the page (FB or something else), slighty to the left of center, under a couple of main photos across the page. It was under "things I like" or "things I love" - I don't remember the heading exactly. There were four hyperlinked items, each one with a small picture link to the side of it. The Praga link led to a fancy blue Praga car. So, I thought - oh, he likes fancy cars. It was as simple as that. I wish I had known at the time that Praga was a racing brand, but I wasn't remotely suspicious of LW at the time, his name hadn't even come up yet, or I would have saved the page.

I wonder if Mr. S was angry at anyone because is son got hurt go carting?
Interesting post above about 'maybe' wallace was afraid he was losing his employment?
BUT Mr. S asked wallace to be involved or was he forced to ask for wallace?
I'm sure that LE has asked other supervisors in the company about everyone.
If I loved expensive cars and my driver was showing them on facebook, driving them places not permited, driving fast?
He could be on a warning.................just allot of speculation and MOO

anyone think DDW will throw everyone under the bus to save himself?
Sing like a bird DDW!

OK the Praga page was a lot like this one, in fact I think this is the page DDW linked: http://pragaglobal.com/
That's the look I remember. Because I also remember the babe down in the corner. :)

I still find it so curious, that she usually helped out her friend only on Thursday, yet Amy mentions Monday in that text.

View attachment 75631
foxnews.com
It seems obvious to me that Amy was attempting to alert the housekeeper that something was wrong! The same with Savvas' voicemail from the night before. Unfortunately, the messages might have been too subtle, or not peculiar enough.

That is of course, true.

But I would think if LE had any sort of evidence that JW was involved...he would not be walking free more than 2 weeks after the crime. If he was involved, he is as potentially dangerous as DDW. Or at least charged with something, and then released on bail or something? Or maybe I am just naive.

I don't think you are being naive. We simply don't know what LE is doing. We know they think multiple people are involved and investigated JW and were misled by him about the ransom money. It is certain they have not written off his involvement as innocent. I looked at the charging docs again and it is very carefully worded in terms of not stating JW's story as fact, but as "he stated he put the envelope in the car...", etc.

He might be working with them now to bring charges against others. If he is readily complying, maybe he doesn't get arrested? Witness protection? I know it might seem farfetched, but so does burning s child alive for $40k, or $20k if we believe the money was split and that's why DW had roughly $20k in 100's.

I also might be naive in thinking they do have their guys/gals identified and want to get the most info possible in the investigation, then make their arrests bulletproof. We know they didn't arrest the money laundering friends, so it is not bizarre that they also haven't arrested JW. JMO.

I don't recall police saying that. Do you have a link?

I do. I will find it. It also states that police said the assistant dropped off to package on the doorstep. Wonder if they have that on video or something. The court doc only says what JW said, not necessarily what they know to be true

OK the Praga page was a lot like this one, in fact I think this is the page DDW linked: http://pragaglobal.com/
That's the look I remember. Because I also remember the babe down in the corner. :)

I think this is huge. Great find. Wonder if DW hung around the go-kart track? I wonder, if after the accident, PS's go-kart went somewhere to be repaired?

If you mean the part that I saw, it wasn't a header. It was one of four links in the main part of the page (FB or something else), slighty to the left of center, under a couple of main photos across the page. It was under "things I like" or "things I love" - I don't remember the heading exactly. There were four hyperlinked items, each one with a small picture link to the side of it. The Praga link led to a fancy blue Praga car. So, I thought - oh, he likes fancy cars. It was as simple as that. I wish I had known at the time that Praga was a racing brand, but I wasn't remotely suspicious of LW at the time, his name hadn't even come up yet, or I would have saved the page.

Well, all I can tell you is what I see NOW! JW was in fact being sleuthed before his name was released, because someone figured out who he was. He was on AS and PS facebook pages. And Praga is in fact under his "other" favorites. Along with over 600 other things. Almost all relating to racing.

DDW has many fewer interests, and none of them related to racing. He likes high end custom cars...West Coast Customs, etc. A few different pages. WorldStarHipHop, a night club, some car rim pages, Pepto Bismol (LOL!!) But not racing.

They are all still there under cached FB pages for both men. Neither has any of the same "likes" or something I would say "in common". A young man liking high end cars is not the same as racing. JW was fully immersed in the racing world, even if he wasn't at the level he wanted. It was all he thought about. (being somewhat sarcastic here, but probably not a stretch!)

They lived in very different worlds. One being the criminal world. The other not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1