DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I read somewhere that JW originally told LE that he either left the package on the porch (front door) or was instructed to leave the package on the porch (front door)?

No, that's not accurate.

I don't think we know for sure where the cash was left. Earliest news stories reported a package left on the doorstep. JW claims he was instructed to drop off in car in garage. LE found manilla envelope in car in garage, but no cash. It's like the phone game at this point. Please correct me as to what we do know for pretty much sure on this drop.
JMO if drop was made by anyone involved with the alleged perpetrator DW, he could have left a key in the garage for that person to enter house so he could inspect the drop. Of course we don't know who was the boss of who, except we can conjecture that given being the hostage, SS was not able to do more than facilitate the funding.
I am still most curious about the purported lie JW gave about the ca being locked, the amount actually delivered as opposed to secured from bank, and if a split in amount was made. But I think investigators are way ahead on this. JMO.

We don't know for sure where he left the money because he changed his story. But the charging documents mention no manila envelope was found in the car. I think the only reason he changed his story and mentioned the garage is to give a reason his DNA might be found inside the garage.

JMO

I wish police followed them to see where they were going. Of course I understand why police couldn't take that chance.

I think when they swung that u-turn, they were afraid they were going back to Maryland. I suspect they were happy to arrest DW in DC so they didn't have to deal with extradition. JMO

Earlier today there was discussion of whether or when the person on video was referred to as a "black male". Some of us recalled MSM mentions but nobody could find it. The charging documents -- part of which were written before the arrest of DW (the documents were signed on 5/19, the supplement was written post-arrest and signed on May 22) refer to the man on the video as being black: http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/local/charging-papers-against-daron-wint/1558/

I still haven't located MSM references to a "black male".

WJLA edited out a video interview with a bystander who said he saw something so disturbing outside the house that it made him "literally stop my car." Did anyone see that video before it was pulled? The man refused to tell the reporter what he saw. He said police told him not to. But now his interview is gone from this page http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/05/mysterious-voicemail-latest-clue-in-d-c-quadruple-homicide-house-fire-investigation-114066.html

There is something new in the 1st video that I had not heard before. The reporter says VG's husband heard "scuffling inside the door" when he went to look for his wife.

I haven't seen that, but we know that VF was alive. Maybe she had run to the window and tried to signal for help.

WJLA edited out a video interview with a bystander who said he saw something so disturbing outside the house that it made him "literally stop my car." Did anyone see that video before it was pulled? The man refused to tell the reporter what he saw. He said police told him not to. But now his interview is gone from this page http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/05/mysterious-voicemail-latest-clue-in-d-c-quadruple-homicide-house-fire-investigation-114066.html

There is something new in the 1st video that I had not heard before. The reporter says VG's husband heard "scuffling inside the door" when he went to look for his wife.

I don't know anything about the first part...but I find it really interesting!

VF's husband has always said he thought he heard someone behind the door...which is why he went around the back.

I saw this!!! It was enough to make me rewind my DVR immediately to see if I had heard it correctly, but it appeared extremely edited even on the first go around when I saw it on the 11pm news. I have been wondering about this since then, but didn't want to bring it up here in case I misremembered something. The neighbor definitely said what he saw made him stop his car, but that was it, it was just a snippet and then they cut back to the live report. Very odd.

... simplest way to drop off a package was the front porch. The maid could have easily opened the door.... JMO
sbm bbm

Perhaps, but why would DDW allow it?
Let's say the other 3 hostages were restrained or otherwise prevented from opening door, & DDW did not want open door himself to retrieve $ package, for fear of being seen, potentially ID'ed later. Would he allow maid to open door? Or prohibit?
Not saying DDW is a Mensa member or even a candidate, but I'd credit him w enough sense to anticipate that if he allowed maid to open door to retrieve $ package, that she, oh, perhaps, possibly, maybe, might try to escape? No matter how attached to S fam a person in her position might be, would that overcome her survival instinct? If DDW considered a list of actions and poss consequences, I think he would rule out having maid open door to get package on porch, so would order $ drop to garage.
He might have considered tethering her w rope and/or classic duct tape and holding those bindings, and letting her take a step or two to get package. But tether might h/bn visible to others, outside or from close-by homes.

I could be all totally, completely, 100% wrong about his thought process re ^.
Seems, moo, imo, jmo, that DDW's ordering $ package drop-off in garage makes more sense than front porch drop-off.

ETA: And for all I know DDW may be a Mensa member.

Did I read somewhere that JW originally told LE that he either left the package on the porch (front door) or was instructed to leave the package on the porch (front door)?

No. The affidavit stated he was instructed to leave the money on the driver's seat of the red car in the garage.

Yooo Hoooo.... Mr. Lawyer... they do have pizza in Guyana. Then again, defense 101 is to deflect but tell the truth. He did say in the interview that they do not have Papa Johns or Domino's... which may be true but as she says in interview, "what does that have to do with anything?"

View attachment 75664

They even have Domino's in Guyana...
[video=youtube;gZOxeggtq3c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZOxeggtq3c[/video]

I saw this!!! It was enough to make me rewind my DVR immediately to see if I had heard it correctly, but it appeared extremely edited even on the first go around when I saw it on the 11pm news. I have been wondering about this since then, but didn't want to bring it up here in case I misremembered something. The neighbor definitely said what he saw made him stop his car, but that was it, it was just a snippet and then they cut back to the live report. Very odd.

I wonder if it could have been them performing CPR on VF?? I think there were reports that people saw that. On the way to the ambulance. That would be disturbing to see if you were driving by. I just remember hearing that specifically...have no idea if that is what this gentleman is referring to.

I remember when he said it, I wondered why he even mentioned it to the reporter at all if the police told him not to. His interview is gone now. Maybe WJLA found out he was lying?

sbm bbm

Perhaps, but why would DDW allow it?
Let's say the other 3 hostages were restrained or otherwise prevented from opening door, & DDW did not want open door himself to retrieve $ package, for fear of being seen, potentially ID'ed later. Would he allow maid to open door? Or prohibit?
Not saying DDW is a Mensa member or even a candidate, but I'd credit him w enough sense to anticipate that if he allowed maid to open door to retrieve $ package, that she, oh, perhaps, possibly, maybe, might try to escape? No matter attached to S fam a person in her position might be, would that overcome her survival instinct? If DDW considered a list of actions and poss consequences, I think he would rule out having maid open door to get package on front porch.
He might have considered tethering her w rope and/or classic duct tape and holding those bindings, and letting her take a step or two to get package. But tether might h/bn visible to others, outside or from close-by homes.

I could be all totally, completely, 100% wrong about his thought process re ^.
Seems, moo, imo, jmo, that DDW's ordering $ package drop-off in garage makes more sense than front porch drop-off.

The front door was set back into an alcove so merely opening a door and retrieving something takes literally only seconds. Allowing the family's employee to enter the garage makes no sense to me unless he was in collusion with the employee but, hey, that's just my opinion and we'll agree to disagree and move on.

JMO

Did anyone else see Jake Tapper's The Lead today? Pam Brown was on with a brief report which was mostly repetitive but .... at the end she said the housekeeper said that she had only met JT Wallace for the first time in March of this year.

That's easy to understand, now the next part is what confused me, and I want someone else to verify. I think the report said that the last time the housekeeper saw Wallace was at the dojo on Wednesday and that he left at about 3:30.

But I could have gotten it confused or misunderstood and maybe the report was saying that the housekeeper said Savvas left at about 3:30 on that Wednesday. Help!!!

How soon do the videos get posted at CNN?

I wonder if it could have been them performing CPR on VF?? I think there were reports that people saw that. On the way to the ambulance. That would be disturbing to see if you were driving by. I just remember hearing that specifically...have no idea if that is what this gentleman is referring to.

My impression at the time I watched it was that the neighbor had seen something that made him stop his car before the crime was discovered. Just my opinion, I could be wrong, but that was the inference that his choice of led me to draw. It was a really bizarre snippet in the middle of the story, it really stood out, and then it was gone.

I remember that interview. Though I don't remember him using the word "disturbing". I just remember him stating he saw something that caused him to stop his car and he refused to say what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1