DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I think.
It was supposed to be a heist. Cash. Art. Jewelry.
Things got out of hand. Change of plan.

Hope he/they rot. Sorry. I do.
I have a son Phillip's age. They even resemble each other. I can't look at his photos. It just breaks my heart.

I have a similar theory, only the original aim was to steal the Mosler. But only SS had the key, so he had to come home. I can't imagine anyone thought they were going to drive away into the sunset with a car like that, but the people who committed this crime don't live in the same reality as the rest of us.

With DDW's obviously want to not be seen out of the home, I doubt he was on the street siphoning gas. If he did siphon gas, it was from the Mosler while in the garage with the garage door closed.

I think if someone saw a strange black guy siphoning gas from one of the Savopoulos cars, it would have been reported immediately to 911. Not as an afterthought to the murder/fire.

But of course, that is just my opinion.

It could have been JW as it would be strange to see anyone siphoning off gas in the neighborhood, but not so strange as to get the cops called since he works there with the cars. The car that was seen being towed away with the open gas door I believe had been parked in the street rather than the garage.

JW was the driver. Thus, why would be strange if neighbor saw him entering the garage?

I don't know that JW routinely was at the home. If he arrived there in the morning to drive SS to work, he'd have to leave his own vehicle and there was limited street parking to do that. I think, as a driver, he picked up SS at the office and drove him to various AIW sites but I don't believe he was taking SS' cars overnight or picking him up at home in the a.m.

JMO

ficker is probably trying to make NG JW and others the 'masterminds' who 'forced' poor wint into doing this. after all, he was only there to eat pizza.....which he hates.

It could have been JW as it would be strange to see anyone siphoning off gas in the neighborhood, but not so strange as to get the cops called since he works there with the cars. The car that was seen being towed away with the open gas door I believe had been parked in the street rather than the garage.

JW had a vehicle. I think if he was involved in any gas fetching/siphoning it would have taken place way from that house. JMO.

I have a similar theory, only the original aim was to steal the Mosler. But only SS had the key, so he had to come home. I can't imagine anyone thought they were going to drive away into the sunset with a car like that, but the people who committed this crime don't live in the same reality as the rest of us.

I think SS was the target. He had previously employed DW. He's rich. If his wife is hostage he'll pay up.
A Mosler MT900S is nice but DW can't keep it. Can't sell it. There's less than 30 of them ever produced iirc. Too rare to try to get a buyer. Anyone who could afford it is going to ask lots of questions IMO

Wiki:

Mosler MT900S

Overview
Production 2003–2010
20 produced

Powertrain
Engine 2001–2006 5.7 L LS6 V8
2007–2010 7.0 L LS7 V8
Dimensions
Curb weight 998 kg (2200 lb)
The MT900 underwent several changes to become the MT900S. It now boasts 435 hp (324 kW) from its Corvette Z06-derived LS6 V8. The car weighs just 2200 lb (998 kg) without fuel.

An early prototype MT900S, despite being up 390 lb (177 kg) and down 65 hp (48 kW) from the production version, boasted a 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds and a quarter-mile time of 12 seconds flat.

A newer edition featuring 600 bhp (450 kW) prestated 0-60 mph in 3.1 seconds in Car & Drivers test in early 2006.[1]

George Lucas took delivery of the first street-legal MT900S in December 2006.[2]

I don't know that JW routinely was at the home. If he arrived there in the morning to drive SS to work, he'd have to leave his own vehicle and there was limited street parking to do that. I think, as a driver, he picked up SS at the office and drove him to various AIW sites but I don't believe he was taking SS' cars overnight or picking him up at home in the a.m.

JMO

I sort of agree. I think it makes most sense that he left his car at the Hyattsville AIW and drove one of SS' cars to pick him up and drive him around. Then at the end of the day, he could drop off the car and retrieve his own, since that is closest to his home (or was). Wonder if the temptation was just too great to leave the SS car at AIW and he took one home where it caught someone's eye...

I think SS was the target. He fired DW. He's rich. If his wife is hostage he'll pay up.
A Mosler MT900 is nice but DW can't keep it. Can't sell it. There's less than 90 of them ever produced iirc. Too rare to try to get a buyer. Anyone who could afford it is going to ask lots of questions IMO

I'm not sure that DW was fired. His brother or cousin was fired. I still have a very hard time believing this is all about a grudge from being fired. I have to think, given DW's criminal record and anger management issues, if he was fired from AIW, it was not an isolated occurrence.

I'm not sure that DW was fired. His brother or cousin was fired. I still have a very hard time believing this is all about a grudge from being fired. I have to think, given DW's criminal record and anger management issues, if he was fired from AIW, it was not an isolated occurrence.

CNN reported DW was possibly fired and another of his relatives was fired. Regardless he didn't get along well there and after less than two years Wint was gone.
IMO not solely a grudge. DW on downward spiral for the past ten years. Possibly he and the relative hatched a plot to get some quick cash. They recall the young, rich SS who was the CEO of the company which had fired them and he became a target. JMO

CNN reported DW was fired as was another of his relatives.
IMO not solely a grudge. DW on downward spiral for the past ten years. Possibly he and the relative hatched a plot to get some quick cash. They recall the young, rich SS who was the CEO of the company which had fired them and he became a target. JMO

But why now? DW hadn't worked there for 10 years, and do we know when the relative was fired? It's strange how within weeks of JW being hired the S family winds up murdered.

If there's no warrant for him or his SM accounts, I don't see how deleting his SM accounts could be prosecutable. I'm pretty sure they've all been deleted. Maybe some vimeo videos still up? If anyone knows differently, please share. TIA!

If you are under investigation for a crime or even that the crime touches you, you can get in serious trouble for deleting records prior to being served with a search warrant. Just because someone doesn't have a search warrant or arrest warranted tied to them, it doesn't mean they're free to engage in real or virtual paper shredding. If you are caught up in a criminal investigation do not alter or destroy anything that could be relevant regardless of whether or not there's any type of warrant tied to you. Halliburton is the most recent is the most recent high profile example of criminal destruction of evidence:
http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/halli...evidence-connection-deepwater-horizon-tragedy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampering_with_evidence
This is about California law, but it goes into detail on many different ways you can be committing the crime:
http://www.shouselaw.com/destroying-concealing-evidence.html

I very much doubt hostages were let out. From what was reported, they were duct taped.

In the Petit case they were tied up, yet subsequently not only was one of them untied they were allowed to go the bank. In this case that we know SS wasn't duct taped all the time for him to be able to call at least half a dozen people. Actually we don't know how many people outside of his home SS talked to.

But why now? DW hadn't worked there for 10 years, and do we know when the relative was fired? It's strange how within weeks of JW being hired the S family winds up murdered.

DWs life was on a downward spiral since leaving AIW in 2005 Arrests, unemployed. He had a recent arrest as well iirc, (March?). Perhaps he wanted money to flee before going to a court date for that?
Not still fuming about his previous employment, whatever happened . But when thinking of how to get quick cash he remembers the CEO of AIW...he lives close...he's rich...flashy cars, pretty wife....everything DW doesn't have

In the Petit case they were tied up, yet subsequently not only was one of them untied they were allowed to go the bank. In this case that we know SS wasn't duct taped all the time for him to be able to call at least half a dozen people. Actually we don't know how many people outside of his home SS talked to.

He could have been duct taped and allowed to talk on the phone with people.

I would think SS's hands and feet were bound and the phone was just held up to his mouth. SS was clearly a strong man -- I can't imagine that he wasn't bound throughout this ordeal.

JW had a vehicle. I think if he was involved in any gas fetching/siphoning it would have taken place way from that house. JMO.

I would think that whoever did had some sort of vehicle, especially if multiple people were involved and it involved watching the house for multiple days. For all we know the box truck was there leading up to and during the kidnapping.

Sorry to disagree but some of her speculations--which may have been influenced by things she learned from LE while questioning her--or from neighbors or some other "grapevine"--make sense. She, I believe, was reported as saying she felt the perpetrator/s knew the family routine, were known to the family. Makes sense. I think if we go back to some of her interviews with reporters, we will find some substance. No I can't site the specific sources at this time, but I have followed every thread her summarizing her interviews and the first news stories as much as I could. She is not "wholly unreliable," though she may speculate, get confused, or perhaps overstep her knowledge. I'd say JW has proven himself unreliable, as he was caught out in lies. Not the same thing when one talks to reporters. Most of us would be wisely cautioned not to. I have made that mistake once in my life. They absolutely have their ways.

If you are under investigation for a crime or even that the crime touches you, you can get in serious trouble for deleting records prior to being served with a search warrant. Just because someone doesn't have a search warrant or arrest warranted tied to them, it doesn't mean they're free to engage in real or virtual paper shredding. If you are caught up in a criminal investigation do not alter or destroy anything that could be relevant regardless of whether or not there's any type of warrant tied to you. Halliburton is the most recent is the most recent high profile example of criminal destruction of evidence:
http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/halli...evidence-connection-deepwater-horizon-tragedy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tampering_with_evidence
This is about California law, but it goes into detail on many different ways you can be committing the crime:
http://www.shouselaw.com/destroying-concealing-evidence.html

I don't see how that is enforceable. Because who says it's evidence until it is listed as such in a warrant? I might just decide that I don't want to have a SM presence anymore, so I take down all my accounts. The fact that it happens at around the same time that I'm a witness to a crime, doesn't mean I've done anything wrong. I think it all goes to intent, and if my intent is to not have people snooping around my SM accounts because the glare of public attention has gotten too bright, I don't see how that is a crime.

Don't get me wrong - I think W1 is somehow involved in this, but he is still Witness1, not defendant, not suspect, not POI... If LE told him not to delete anything, that could be a different matter, but I still think they would need a court order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1