DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was him, guilty or innocent, I would do exactly what he's done (except I would probably make my SM accounts private until it all blows over, not delete them if I was innocent.)

Have they actually been deleted? That itself could be a prosecutable crime whether or LE has a copy of his posts before he nuked them.

Yes, that's true - we don't know that the pizza place actually talked to AS since it could have been a female conspirator who said she was AS.

Yes. Just call Dominos, the phone number gives the address, pay with AS credit card and give instructions to leave the pies on the porch

There was a post earlier, that maybe the neighbor (on day of fire) witnessed someone syphoning gas, when the cars were towed, didn't one of the SUV's have its gas cap opened? Now that would be an odd thing to see in that neighborhood.

Washington Post is also having a field day with this guy if you haven't read this one :floorlaugh:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...edients-have-their-own-distinctive-molecules/

An even higher level of Ficker-oriented preparedness prevailed on CNN’s air this morning. Hosts Kate Bolduan and John Berman welcomed the Maryland attorney again, this time to discuss Ficker’s recent visit to Wint and his discovery that the accused doesn’t like pizza.

FICKER: Well, he’s had a problem with his father. I’ve got three kids, they’ve all had a problem with me at some point. They didn’t seek a restraining order, but we’ve had discussions. You don’t want a little wuss for a child who doesn’t argue with you. You want someone who can think on their own and there may have been disagreements, but his family loves him.

Oh dear. Will we be hearing from his children soon? Interesting to note, he keeps mentioning DDWs mother. Has he spoken with DDWs father and stepmother here in the states?

JW knew the daily schedule of SS and that information was necessary to pull this off. It is said his father is retired LE and I think he would retain someone to advise him. Didn't LE say for a time he quit communicating and then say he was cooperating?

I heard it said on here about that, but I really haven't heard too much about that the few posts that were made about that as well I don't know the reliability of the source of that information. I think that we'll be finding out a lot of things once the floodgates start to open and until then I'm trying to take a cautious approach.

When was the last LE presser?
Reporters not trailing JW?
IMOO, everything will hit at 1 time...............evidence, DNA, and more arrests??
lawyers and plea deals?

I noted that, but I also noted you "said" (IYO also and duly noted) that it would be a federal case????

Fed grand jury is 18 months: scroll down to terms of service:
http://www.dcd.uscourts.gov/dcd/sites/dcd/files/jury-FAQ.pdf

We simply don't know. We'll find out in due time. Peace.

Yes, I said it would be a federal case and that it was Just My Opinion. The time frame I linked is for a grand jury in DC district court, which totals 27 days. Either way, I think this is going to a grand jury for an indictment. Hope that clears up the confusion.

There was something else Ficker said this morning on CNN, and my doggie was barking at our mailman, he always protects me from that scary mailman :wink: , so I could not hear all of it.

But Ficker said something like: " ....and the police should be looking at the angry people from the company that SS owned and went bankrupt---a lot of angry people were laid off and they should be looking there...."

Why would a defense attorney be laying out his defense in the media, before he has even secured the client? I really wish the media would stop giving this guy a platform until/if he is hired. He represented him in 2005 and 2006 for motor vehicle offenses, 2 charges of theft under $100 and one of theft under $500. Why would anyone hire this guy as defense counsel when charged with felony murder?!

FICKER: Well, he’s had a problem with his father. I’ve got three kids, they’ve all had a problem with me at some point. They didn’t seek a restraining order, but we’ve had discussions. You don’t want a little wuss for a child who doesn’t argue with you. You want someone who can think on their own and there may have been disagreements, but his family loves him.

Oh dear. Will we be hearing from his children soon? Interesting to note, he keeps mentioning DDWs mother. Has he spoken with DDWs father and stepmother here in the states?

according to his bio...............google him, he as 1 daughter? and has been in and out of trouble with the courts.............????? geez, I sure wouldn't want him even if he was free

Yes. She's the one that wrote that lovely sentiment to her Mother on Mothers Day. Three days later, the horror.

Stunningly beautiful, both of these girls.

The face of SS's Mother is a study in grief.

I noticed that. Assumed they were right behind the girls? And the other grandparents, as well? What a nightmare for all of them. Just goes to show that one can have anything/everything in life and all can be gone in a whisper. Grief and sadness and loss crosses all barriers. MOO.

Yes, I said it would be a federal case and that it was Just My Opinion. The time frame I linked is for a grand jury in DC district court, which totals 27 days. Either way, I think this is going to a grand jury for an indictment. Hope that clears up the confusion.

I'm not confused. Thank you though.

Why would a defense attorney be laying out his defense in the media, before he has even secured the client? I really wish the media would stop giving this guy a platform until/if he is hired. He represented him in 2005 and 2006 for motor vehicle offenses, 2 charges of theft under $100 and one of theft under $500. Why would anyone hire this guy as defense counsel when charged with felony murder?!

Galling that the media has this guy on -- not interested in anything the man has to say.

I heard it said on here about that, but I really haven't heard too much about that the few posts that were made about that as well I don't know the reliability of the source of that information. I think that we'll be finding out a lot of things once the floodgates start to open and until then I'm trying to take a cautious approach.

In one of her many media interviews, NG claimed she spoke to JW on Thursday and the AIW employee he spoke to on Friday so that tells me that he was indeed a driver with daily interaction with SS. That said, it also makes no sense that he would be allowed to drop off any package at the home and leave. If he was totally innocent and not involved, he was just as expendable as Vera. The killers didn't want any potential witnesses surviving yet they allowed him into the garage. It just doesn't add up.

JMO

I noticed that. Assumed they were right behind the girls? And the other grandparents, as well? What a nightmare for all of them. Just goes to show that one can have anything/everything in life and all can be gone in a whisper. Grief and sadness and loss crosses all barriers. MOO.

Emily Dickinson:

"So huge, so hopeless to conceive...were these that twice befell.
Parting is all we know of Heaven; and all we need of Hell."

I agree SI. I suspected his possible involvement, knowingly or unwittingly, weeks ago. He may be totally innocent. What I am concerned about if due to lack of money, he could be thrown in a sharks pit. No matter how shocking this crime EVERYONE deserves proper representation. Many of the court appointed defense is frankly at the bottom of the barrel. I have experience in a law firm. Not trashing these attorneys at all. But attorneys with years of experience do not sign up as a court appointed attorney.

Thinking out loud. Is it possible that there was no plan to kill -- that DW went in thinking he would only face AS and PS and that he could get a large amount of money from AS somehow. Once there he realized she was unable to get him any substantial $$, and so a new plan kicked in -- getting SS home so he could get $$$. However, since SS knew DW from AIW and could ID him quickly, the killings took place. JMO.

In one of her many media interviews, NG claimed she spoke to JW on Thursday and the AIW employee he spoke to on Friday so that tells me that he was indeed a driver with daily interaction with SS. That said, it also makes no sense that he would be allowed to drop off any package at the home and leave. If he was totally innocent and not involved, he was just as expendable as Vera. The killers didn't want any potential witnesses surviving yet they allowed him into the garage. It just doesn't add up.

JMO

What did he see in the garage? A car? What was he a witness to? The suspect would wait in the house until he left, then get the money from the car.

Emily Dickinson:

"So huge, so hopeless to conceive...were these that twice befell.
Parting is all we know of Heaven; and all we need of Hell."

'history has taught us that when it appears there is no hope, hope still lives in people's hearts.'

jaycee lee dugard.

the guy lost me at Kansas.

I need to respond to this quote.
No matter how well you may prepare, there will always be variables that can render your preparedness useless. This doesn't just happen to families, it happens to communities and even countries.

If a marauder wants what you have, they can... and will use things you've never thought of to accomplish their goals.
History is full of these lessons. Individuals and countries alike.
In this family's case, the Mom and Dad did many things to protect themselves.

They purchased a home in a Very, secure neighborhood. They had two large dogs, they had an alarm system. They owned a legal gun. Mr. Savopoulos took personal self defence using his body very seriously.
No one in this family was engaged in dangerous activity. No illegal drugs, no illicit business.

Yet, they were kidnapped in their own home, tortured and murdered, with their home set ablaze by a former employee of over a decade.
How on earth can you prepare for something like this?
I am sure, that if there was ANY way for Mr. Savopoulos to save his family, he would have done so.

No. The ownership of a gun did not help this family. I personally think that they were ambushed. By complete monsters.
With no way to get to the gun or use the karate training.
However, to the original poster:
Yes, you are correct, their gun ownership did not save them.
But, gun ownership has saved many lives through the years.

Personally, I will never live anywhere, where I cannot own a gun for defence.
With that said, the Monster who kidnapped, tortured, and murdered this family, is one of the most vilest human beings walking this earth.
I am happy that he is in custody.
I hope that he never walks free amongst we unsuspecting people again.

I couldn't agree more. Thanks for saying what I was thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz