DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your point. But then why is it so large.

And if you feel you need to keep any item in a safe, I think the whole idea is to keep those items out of the hands of others. If he didn't mind a new employee of just a few weeks having access, he could have kept the stuff in a kitchen drawer.

He installed that big safe to keep certain items extremely secure.

A safe that large would likely be their main safe. I doubt they were worried about it being in the garage, nobody is going to walk away with that safe, plus it is a safe.. inside the garage in a house w/ a security system. Most of the time a burglar just wants what is in the safe, not your life.

Do you think that now that the funeral is over, they have spoken to the daughters more...and they have given them information??

I don't know either way...and it really isn't my business...but thinking about how I would feel, I don't think I could ever go back to that house?

What do you think YOU would do (not what the daughters will do)???

Funny you post this, I was just thinking about this! I wonder how much information the family has- are they in the dark or getting a play by play? Not real sure how that works. As far as the house...I think a part of me would have to go back. I'd be compelled to see my house...even just one last time. One night made it a house of horrors, but many years made wonderful memories...I just hope they can hold on to that.

They could be there all the time waiting for something exciting to show up. Did you see the shot of the woman on the second floor? Looks like they are across the street on the second floor of some other house to get that shot? Or perched on the tree?
Exactly, same way they were the only ones there when the cars were towed away.

I believe the ladies could be forensic accountants that work with LE. To "follow the money" and look at money transactions recently both in and out of his accounts. How much did he pay driver, housekeepers etc. Did he loan money to anyone? Was it customary for SS to withdraw large amounts of cash? Why was it so common knowledge about the $40K delivery? I haven't heard of a kidnapper asking for the ransom in $100 bills. That's just stupid. One could binge watch Law and Order episodes and know better than that.

JMO's

JMO's

If you withdraw mulitple thousands of dollars from a bank, you are going to get it in $100 stacks. $10K is a bundle. No one is going to count out your $40K in $10's and $20's.

And where are you coming up with the $40K delivery was common knowledge.

And if you feel you need to keep any item in a safe, I think the whole idea is to keep those items out of the hands of others. If he didn't mind a new employee of just a few weeks having access, he could have kept the stuff in a kitchen drawer.

I can only speak from my own experience with my own husband who LOVES cars and LOVES safes. When we had our (second) safe installed, my husband wanted a BIG one so he never has to get another one. He collects cars and keeps all his car "stuff" in the safe. Spare keys, benzi box radios, expensive parts and so on.

Exactly, same way they were the only ones there when the cars were towed away.

Do you really think they are staked out there 24/7 or do they have insider knowledge? They are local media after all...

Do you really think they are staked out there 24/7 or do they have insider knowledge? They are local media after all...

Maybe not 24/7 but they could be making rounds. I don't know why investigators would want them there when they are going through the evidence. Or they could have bribed a neighbor to call them when something is happening.

I'm sure DW had the combination to both safes! SS would give that up and anything else immediately when a knife is at his child's throat.

Yes, and perhaps AS didn't know or have access to the combination(s), leading to the call to SS to come home early.

I can only speak from my own experience with my own husband who LOVES cars and LOVES safes. When we had our (second) safe installed, my husband wanted a BIG one so he never has to get another one. He collects cars and keeps all his car "stuff" in the safe. Spare keys, benzi box radios, expensive parts and so on.

How did they get the BIG safe in your house? Most residential exterior doors are only 36", and interior doors usually run about 32"..so anything less than that will get through but anything larger you will have to take the door out and re-frame, etc.

If you withdraw mulitple thousands of dollars from a bank, you are going to get it in $100 stacks. $10K is a bundle. No one is going to count out your $40K in $10's and $20's.

And where are you coming up with the $40K delivery was common knowledge.
You mean they aren't going to ask, "how would you like that?" :what:

It's hard to know what was going on because there is incomplete and contradictory information. It's like on one hand the S family wasn't concerned about security because they live near the VP while on the other hand they'll put a dangerous non-locked gun under their bed. Then with this they have big safe but they put it in view from the street. It's hard to say what was really going on without knowing what people were thinking and what is actually true. This safe for instance might not be for anything especially valuable, but instead SS could have got just because he wanted to own a large safe and could afford it...if someone can buy themselves a dojo and $700K car for fun, buying a large safe for fun would be a drop in the bucket.

Not 24/7 but they are there because LE is still there. imo

How did they get the BIG safe in your house? Most residential exterior doors are only 36", and interior doors usually run about 32"..so anything less than that will get through but anything larger you will have to take the door out and re-frame, etc.

It could have been installed when the house was built...

My house was under construction at the time, but, I have double front doors so that was not a problem. It was the inner doors we had to contend with, and, my safe was installed in a wall which made sense since we had no sheetrock, yet.

It could have been installed when the house was built...

Well, the house was built in 1918, so chances are, the safe is a bit more current than that? Maybe I am wrong. But that safe was in the garage. It might not fit in a standard doorway, but I don't see much issue with it being installed through the garage door. Right?

It's hard to know what was going on because there is incomplete and contradictory information. It's like on one hand the S family wasn't concerned about security because they live near the VP while on the other hand they'll put a dangerous non-locked gun under their bed. Then with this they have big safe but they put it in view from the street. It's hard to say what was really going on without knowing what people were thinking and what is actually true. This safe for instance might not be for anything especially valuable, but instead SS could have got just because he wanted to own a large safe and could afford it...if someone can buy themselves a dojo and $700K car for fun, buying a large safe for fun would be a drop in the bucket.

I think it's probably just that life is messy, people get busy, and sometimes you run out of steam trying to be careful.

Well, the house was built in 1918, so chances are, the safe is a bit more current than that? Maybe I am wrong. But that safe was in the garage. It might not fit in a standard doorway, but I don't see much issue with it being installed through the garage door. Right?

Exactly right

Just to add...sometimes I think the safe was the only reason my hubs agreed to the construction. He loves that thing.

What is it with men and safes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member