DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what all it would mean if the Mosler is currently locked. We know they've moved other cars to the lab, but I don't think they've moved the Mosler.

They towed the cars. So they wouldn't need keys to move the Mosler if they wanted to.

Regarding the safes, a buddy has double storage rooms in his garage that has a large walk in safe in one of the storage rooms. He collects guns, pistols and rifles both new and old. He stores them with ammo inside the safe. He is a hunter but possesses many more pieces than ordinary hunters would ever need.

When he purchases something interesting or unusual, we walk into the garage and open the safe. First, the locked storage room door is opened. The double door safe is immediately to the right. It has a dial combination and a safe key that is used once the first step of dialing the proper combination code is completed.

My safe is in the floor of the MasterCloset. It's much smaller in size and only has a combination lock. Anything I need to be in a fireproof environment is in the safe.

This case smells of evil.

If they are trying to get into the car...all they have to do is get Mosler to give them a new key. I think the just need a vin #. Or as Katie above stated....call a locksmith

I doubt it's that easy because there were so few made and it was so long ago.

Every text and every call had to ping off some tower somewhere.

How is Mr. F, even though he does not represent DDW, going to explain the electronic trail in the big cloud on his next interview?

Did DDW use the S family tablets, phones, or computers to communicate with his friends and accomplices?
Or maybe DDW thinks/thought if you erased the photo, text,etc...it is "gone"...

DNA of DDW on pizza crust.
Victim's blood on DDW shoe
Electronic trail that is forthcoming should very interesting.

No I have not. But I have been involved with an annual Blues Festival that lasts all weekend for several years. We usually start with a change fund of $20K to open it on Friday night to supply vendors and the gate. I am not trying to go off topic. I just believe there is something hinky about the money transaction as has been described that's all.

JMO's

We had a couple of people posting here who had a lot of banking experience. IIRC, one of them said that in order to get a large amount of cash one would have to have some preplanning and paperwork set up with the bank. And many businesses, like the ones you mention, use various denomination for change. [ like restaurants/retail]

But in general, businesses that want cash want it in stacks of 100's. Not including 1's ,5's or 10's. It would take up way more space and be much harder to count.

It may have been nicer for the perp to get it in lower denominations but it would have been much harder for SS to get that without raising red flags. JMO

They towed the cars. So they wouldn't need keys to move the Mosler if they wanted to.

IMO they would have to get in the car to put it in neutral or the wheels will be locked. I doubt they would do that to a 700K car.

No I have not. But I have been involved with an annual Blues Festival that lasts all weekend for several years. We usually start with a change fund of $20K to open it on Friday night to supply vendors and the gate. I am not trying to go off topic. I just believe there is something hinky about the money transaction as has been described that's all.

JMO's

IMOO, bank probably thought the $40,000 was for the grand opening............but they never questioned the transaction? ODD...............I wanted to withdraw a small sum from our business once and went through allot of hassle..........forms etc.......and they all knew me, not an assistant. This bothers me, should of been a red flag.........JMOO

I wonder what all it would mean if the Mosler is currently locked. We know they've moved other cars to the lab, but I don't think they've moved the Mosler.

If the car is locked, they aren't going to tow it and risk harm to that car. What they may have been searching for upstairs was the code to get in that safe.

JMO

We can get guest parking passes for visiting friends or workers, but they are specific to an individual vehicle. So if I have a painter or a friend in town for 2 weeks, I have to give their vehicle make and license plate for the temporary parking pass.

Just to build on this, street parking in DC is zoned, and in addition to the guest parking passes you can get from the police station residents in this zone also get one visitors pass per household that is not tied to any car and can be used by anyone. I live a few blocks away and have one that I give to friends and have used in rental cars when mine was in the shop.

I also don't think this matters too much but many threads ago people were saying that each house gets two street parking spots, and that is not true.

Very true! I wonder if the cover could have been a water delivery service. I have seen on google images that some of the drivers use green safety vests. It could appear to be delivering water, DW and/or others could push in after door is opened. At that point, truck driven by unknown drives off. A water delivery truck would not usually stand out as unusual in any area. JMO :moo:

IMOO, bank probably thought the $40,000 was for the grand opening............but they never questioned the transaction? ODD...............I wanted to withdraw a small sum from our business once and went through allot of hassle..........forms etc.......and they all knew me, not an assistant. This bothers me, should of been a red flag.........JMOO

JW did not get the cash out of the bank. He met the "senior AIW employee" - most likely CFO or Accountant - who had signing privileges. JW did not take the $40K out himself.

The cars were on trailers.

The CD basically says the money was 100 $ bills

Serena Thankyou for coming here during your grief.
I cannot even fathom what you, friends, neighbors and family are going through.
My son's young friend died when they were 13. My son still mourns it at age 45.
The death will haunt the young ones. It is nice to know grief counselors come to schools now.
Prayers for all :rose:

The cars were on trailers.

The CD basically says the money was 100 $ bills

The car still has to be rolled onto the trailer....and if it is locked, that could be the reason it was not towed to begin with.

JMO

We had a couple of people posting here who had a lot of banking experience. IIRC, one of them said that in order to get a large amount of cash one would have to have some preplanning and paperwork set up with the bank. And many businesses, like the ones you mention, use various denomination for change. [ like restaurants/retail]

But in general, businesses that want cash want it in stacks of 100's. Not including 1's ,5's or 10's. It would take up way more space and be much harder to count.

It may have been nicer for the perp to get it in lower denominations but it would have been much harder for SS to get that without raising red flags. JMO

I've posted on here both as someone who grew up with my parents owning a nightclub and that I worked for BOA. If you're a retail business - like most who frequently get large amounts of cash from the bank - you'd want multiple smaller denominations for your registers. The multiple smaller denominations are so that you can make change for your customers, which getting just one high denomination defeats the whole purpose if it's to be used for retail. SS may have recurring large denomination cash withdrawals where that is standard for his account, but it wouldn't be standard for retail. Someone on here has talked about going to cash-only auctions, which some people and businesses do that, but that's a very small subset compared to all the retail stores/bars/nightclubs/restaurants/etc. that want small bills of various denominations for their retail operations.

JW did not get the cash out of the bank. He met the "senior AIW employee" - most likely CFO or Accountant - who had signing privileges. JW did not take the $40K out himself.

I understand who did the withdrawal. I should change my post to .............and they all knew me, not an employee of any position.not my accountant or managers.
Banks should and do question everything here. Banks do not like to lose their money and have to borrow from other branches when you need very large ammounts of cash without pre notifying them. Just what I know from dealing with them in business, JMOO

" I looked to see if JW had gone to the Kart World Championship last year - which he didn't - and I learned that it is associated with SS's organization that he's a judge at as SS is part of FIA,:
http://www.cikfia.com/competitions/c...standings.html
This can be seen as good or bad for JW given how that SS was probably going to the event with his family. From what I can tell SS wasn't sponsoring JW and seemed to treat him as a driver/assistant rather than viewing him as pro racing material, which I could see that being a motive for both robbery and murder with there being potentially at least two perceived slights with not using JW as a coach and not sponsoring him. SS may not have been allowed to get involved with sponsorships at the professional level without it being a forbidden conflict of interest, which JW may not have understood that or thought SS was lying on why he wasn't helping him advance his pro racing career. Getting hooked up with someone high up in an organization you want to advance in can be great so long as they're not seen as holding you back, which JW could have seen that someone high up was holding back his career who didn't even view him as someone who could have a pro career, but instead should just be driving his inherited rich self around. Even if JW was involved, I don't necessarily think he'd plan to commit murder, but I could see motives as to why if he did. Being viewed as just some errand boy rather than as a pro racer could lead to bad consequences as SS could have been seen by JW as wrongly killing his dreams while at the same time giving PS everything JW wanted with racing, which only would exacerbate it. "

We really don't have any information at this point that we can say how SS treated or felt about JW. I agree not sponsoring JW (if that is true) may be seen as a conflict of interest. He had only been in his employ since March and we have nothing from JW or from SS or any other witness that attests to the tone of their relationship.

Have you guys touched on motive? This horrible crime seemed to target an innocent child. Did PS not care for W1, therefore, Indy driver was chosen to coach PS which didn't sit well with W1? W1 coached PS in Go Kart until end of 2014. In Jan 2015 Indy driver started coaching PS. Was PS tried of the rejection? Let go from job March 2015? W1 knew PS was home still recovering from injury that happened in AZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1