DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alleged perp (DW) is sitting in jail awaiting trial.
Why should we be discussing W1's motive, when he hasn't been arrested, charged, named a suspect or a person of interest. Seems like that is against TOS.

Have you guys touched on motive? This horrible crime seemed to target an innocent child. Did PS not care for W1, therefore, Indy driver was chosen to coach PS which didn't sit well with W1? W1 coached PS in Go Kart until end of 2014. In Jan 2015 Indy driver started coaching PS. Was PS tried of the rejection? Let go from job March 2015? W1 knew PS was home still recovering from injury that happened in AZ.

If PS didn't care for W-1, I doubt his dad would have hired him as a personal driver. I think the likely motive is more along the lines of W-1 faked his enthusiasm for PS in order gain the father's trust. This is looking more and more to me to being a set-up by W-1.

JMO

But other records obtained by the police seem to exonerate Wallace providing a strong alibi that he was not present at the Savopoulos house during the murders. Security cameras show Wallace was at a hardware store near a martial arts studio owned by Savopoulos in Virginia from 11:30 A.M until noon and cell phone records show Wallace was in Virginia at 1:34 P.M Thursday when firefighters arrived at the Savopoulos residence in Washington, D.C.—-placing Wallace 30 miles away from the crime scene.http://www.nate-thayer.com/race-car...ect-in-washington-savopoulos-murder-whodunit/

A poster earlier stated that not all info in this article was correct. Please advise whether this paragraph is correct or not. TIA

Why should we be discussing W1's motive, when he hasn't been arrested, charged, named a suspect or a person of interest. Seems like that is against TOS.

W-1 had a motive to lie to cops. They don't have to name him a POI, he's made himself a POI.

JMO

We really don't have any information at this point that we can say how SS treated or felt about JW. I agree not sponsoring JW (if that is true) may be seen as a conflict of interest. He had only been in his employ since March and we have nothing from JW or from SS or any other witness that attests to the tone of their relationship.

That is what I'm getting at. It can't be assumed that because he was a driver or that he did the money drop that he was in a good place with SS as we just don't know that and depending on what those circumstances were that could be a motive for JW. SS and JW may have been the best of friends or SS could have been about to pink slip JW.

But other records obtained by the police seem to exonerate Wallace providing a strong alibi that he was not present at the Savopoulos house during the murders. Security cameras show Wallace was at a hardware store near a martial arts studio owned by Savopoulos in Virginia from 11:30 A.M until noon and cell phone records show Wallace was in Virginia at 1:34 P.M Thursday when firefighters arrived at the Savopoulos residence in Washington, D.C.—-placing Wallace 30 miles away from the crime scene.http://www.nate-thayer.com/race-car...ect-in-washington-savopoulos-murder-whodunit/

A poster earlier stated that not all info in this article was correct. Please advise whether this paragraph is correct or not. TIA

Sounds like only the phone has the alibi if LE have said the murders took place between Noon -1:30 p.m.

JMO

If PS didn't care for W-1, I doubt his dad would have hired him as a personal driver. I think the likely motive is more along the lines of W-1 faked his enthusiasm for PS in order gain the father's trust. This is looking more and more to me to being a set-up by W-1.

JMO

I also think JW helped DW get inside the house someway, probably with inside info on S family daily routines. I think there was more detailed planning on how DW could gain access to the house.

Great question! Also, jj, why are we discussing him at all since he hasn't been arrested?

And don't forget that NG said that JW called a "senior AIW employee" on Friday crying.

So it just makes no sense for her to say no one has heard from him now...when she has said two completely different things before.
Also, she says, "since the murders". She may very well mean since everything happened and really isn't drawing a line in the sand to mean after that one phone call he disappeared. She may not know really any people he knows. And I would hole myself up too. She is too loosey goosey on this. I don't think we should put too much weight on this. If a reporter would tell us where he is hanging now, that would be great.

I just wanted to say and this is a loud MOO.....
I really think LE would have had JW behind bars right now if he were guilty. I admit the CD relating to his lying does not put him in a trusting light, however, we do NOT know what LE does.
Again, just a strong opinion as I read through the commentary, which I get on some level from following this story closely...BUT had to say it out loud.
Mo

She seems to be engaged in a bit of backpedaling. She has said she wasn't scheduled to work at the home on Thursday because she was working at the dojo on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. It seems strange that SS would then call her Wednesday night and tell her she wasn't needed on Thursday when she already knew it.
I think there are quite a few folk here (and there was a LOT of early discussion on this) that the calls not to come and text were to try and alert others outside the situation that something was wrong without the captors knowing what they were doing. Please see earlier threads.

I really think LE would have had JW behind bars right now if he were guilty. I admit the CD relating to his lying does not put him in a trusting light, however, we do NOT know what LE does.
Again, just a strong opinion as I read through the commentary, which I get on some level from following this story closely...BUT had to say it out loud.
Mo

LE is still gathering evidence. They can't just throw somebody in jail and keep him there unless they have strong evidence that links him to the murders.

JMO

I think there are quite a few folk here (and there was a LOT of early discussion on this) that the calls not to come and text were to try and alert others outside the situation that something was wrong without the captors knowing what they were doing. Please see earlier threads.

That's what NG says but then she has said a lot.....

Mo

LE believes there are others involved, but no one else has been arrested yet. JW may just be the most unluckiest guy, or he's involved. The CD makes it clear he is a liar though, and LE has not come out and said he's been cleared. There's no way JW is not a POI/Suspect.

Funny you post this, I was just thinking about this! I wonder how much information the family has- are they in the dark or getting a play by play? Not real sure how that works. As far as the house...I think a part of me would have to go back. I'd be compelled to see my house...even just one last time. One night made it a house of horrors, but many years made wonderful memories...I just hope they can hold on to that.

I had a family member who was the victim of a violent crime, and we got very frequent updates, especially in the early days of the investigation. As time wore on, they got less and less frequent until the case became cold. I hope that the Savopoulos family has a resolution before that happens.

LE believes there are others involved, but no one else has been arrested yet. JW may just be the most unluckiest guy, or he's involved. The CD makes it clear he is a liar though, and LE has not come out and said he's been cleared. There's no way JW is not a POI/Suspect.
The lying to LE did not help W1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member