DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE suspect that the fire was started some time around noon-1:30PM. Records show W1 attempted to call SS @1:40pm. Was he being instructed to call 10 minutes before the fire and/or 10 minutes after the fire?
CD says the FD was notified at 1:24

I guess we will have to wait and see. I very much doubt we will ever have a crystal clear answer to the motive or motives to this crime. 4 people tortured and murdered by rather low level criminals for 40k? Many people probably would believe that, wouldn't they.All that is is rarely seen. Personally, I think the crime was something else. Prominent people and families have been killed in similar ways before with many a things left unresolved.QUOTE=KALI;11819059]I know that members here are sleuthing.
with very little to go on.

For me, I am going to trust that law enforcement, is way ahead of us.
They probably know every one and anyone who has had any contact with the accused.
Go law enforcement. Thank you.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if this has been answered but I read that it was Wint's attorney trying to get 911 traffic/radio transmissions.

I wonder if it has something to do with when the Porsche was torched or some broadcast of a description of the Porsche driver.

SurfieTex posted this on 5/18, days before he was identified.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...e-4-mysterious-deaths&p=11779914#post11779914

FWIW, locals are posting the scanner BOLO as saying the POI is a Black Male.

DW purposely did not want to be connected to the $$$! All the money &
M orders were in the Box truck... This was discussed in earlier thread,
DW must have had some knowledge or guidance that if he got caught not to have the money on his person. Career criminal! Should have bought some new shoes. DUH

Thank goodness LE is smarter than criminals and were already watching DDW and the truck. Had they gotten separated or LE not been aware that the truck was involved, the cash would have gotten away and that would be ddw not being caught with one more piece of evidence.

I think it's curious that ddw either isn't cooperating with his own lawyers or was trusting people whose proper names he doesn't know. Those other people are witnesses, too, and it's possible one or more of them are cooperating and spilling the beans and need protecting. By releasing all of them, those who are cooperating can continue to gather information and report to LE. By knowing their names, Defense Team can start doing their background checks in preparedness for trial in case they need to try and prove the particular witness/associate is not trustworthy, etc. and their testimony not be considered. The DT can potentially and probably persuade them to be defense witnesses instead of testifying for the prosecution? Hey, not saying they'd do anything like that *cough* - just thinking out loud.

eta: oops, "persuade them to be" not "to be them"

ok.....
1) JW lied to the police. that is said straight out in the charging document. technically that right there is a crime, and since its related to the crime where discussing, that makes him a suspect in my book. to my knowledge, he cant throw out the 'i cant speak english' excuse like NG might.
2) yes, he hasnt been arrested. technically, he could have already been arrested for lying to police. cause yes, that is a crime.

the only reason people are making accusations against him is cause he lied, plain and simple.

JMO

Thank you. I keep wondering why anyone with average intelligence is writing off the theory that JW could be involved when it is clear that he misled LE in his actions regarding the ransom. NG can be miscommunicating anything she'd like with reporters and it's just that, as long as she did not intentionally mislead LE. There is a reason JW is named in the court docs and not her. It goes beyond speculation. They've got stuff on him likely.

Alleged perp (DW) is sitting in jail awaiting trial.
Why should we be discussing W1's motive, when he hasn't been arrested, charged, named a suspect or a person of interest. Seems like that is against TOS.

Thanks for this! If someone is named in a court doc as a witness who has lied, can we converse about that person in a way that speculates that LE might have a reason for naming him? Or does everyone have to pretend that there is no chance he is involved and not mention him until LE officially names him as suspect? Honest question!

This is not true. I have operated a restaurant/nightclub for years. You can ask for the money in whatever denominations you want. Banks have machines that count the straps now for lots of bills. When ordering cash for our change fund or the ATM machine we also ask for used bills so that they do not stick together when handling them.

I stated it was and is my opinion that JW knew about the cash drop, the office trusted employee knew about the drop, JW's g/f knew about the cash and saw a picture or tweet of it (or part of it), and depending on which interview with the HK she stated she knew about the money. So to me that is way too many people knowing about that much cash riding around on the streets of DC not in an armored vehicle.

JMO's

I do not doubt your theory at all! There is no sensible theory for how this happened. Whatever happened doesn't make any sense on any level. However, I think people feel more comfortable thinking it was random or that DDW had a solo 10-year grudge (and JW had no involvement) because it is easier to digest and process. Bad guys vs Good guys. So we each build a case in our own minds, collecting and approving any evidence that supports our case and dismissing any evidence that doesn't. We don't know how to cope with something like this.

I still cannot believe that JW would have sent that pic of the $ to his girl, if he was involved and in the middle of this horrid crime. JMO

Right?! That would make him someone who didn't have good judgment at all. And we know that he actually is someone who has good judgment. I can't give a ton of examples right now, but I can think of a few things that were posted in his favor:

His girlfriend didn't dump him after he got fired, so he must not have done something THAT bad

He has a cheeky sense of humor for making the "Anchor Man" reference."

SS must have thought he was a good guy to heed his call for employment when he got laid off if he gave him a job.

He was so focused on his tasks given by SS to help open the dojo, he totally forgot about the details about delivering $40k to SS's home on Thurs and just continued his mission.

People might have way more ideas that show reason he has good good judgment. And that would completely blow out of the water that he could have shown bad judgment in sending a pic he thought would be private to his girlfriend of his loot.

Let's post more ideas supporting his good judgment so that we can reject that he would do something dumb!

This is what was being referred to I think. (Video of the neighbor is also at the link)

It's concerning to me because I have a family that lives near here," said a neighbor, who lives up the road.

The neighbor said he drove by the home daily on Woodland Drive where Thursday May 14 Savvas Savopoulos, his wife Amy and two others, believed to be their son and housekeeper, were found dead inside.

Monday he stopped at the home to tell police what he saw outside the house the same day the deadly discovery was made.

The neighbor told ABC7 "I don't want to give any details because it might be useful information but I stopped to give a report because it was a little unusual and out of the ordinary."
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/05/4-found-dead-after-house-fire-were-homicide-victims-police-say-114003.html
Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/05...#ixzz3bqni4tUZ
Follow us: @ABC7News on Twitter | WJLATV on Facebook
http://www.wjla.com/articles/2015/05...ay-114003.html

Could this be Witness 3?

That's probably why it was in the garage. It wouldn't fit through any interior doorways. IMO

When they bought the house they had some construction done and iirc part of it was adding a garage or adding onto garage. It is linked at the very beginning threads.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/05/3...tcmp=ob_article_sidebar_video&intcmp=obinsite

snippets.
Gutierrez said she was helping Savvas Savopoulos' on May 13

Amy, called him at around 5:30 p.m.

Veralicia Figueroa, was working for the family that day and was scheduled to leave by 3 p.m.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/22/u...t-is-suspect-in-savopoulos-killings.html?_r=0

Philip Savopoulos was in fourth grade at St. Albans. Friends say he traveled around the country racing go-karts and was home from school, recovering from a concussion, the day before the murders occurred.

We know SS was at the martial arts studio and Philip was home with concussion, VF should have left at 3 but I am sure that was flexible, but has it been said what and where Amy was that day, (13th) until she called SS to come home at 5:30. Is it possible she was out and about and maybe stopped by the AIW office for what ever reason. jmo idk

When they bought the house they had some construction done and iirc part of it was adding a garage or adding onto garage. It is linked at the very beginning threads.

IIRC, several posts discussed the building permit issued for multiple projects at S home, issued spring 2013, w work to be completed spring 2014 and garage modifications/reno's were part, not all, of that permit.
IDK what was done w garage, but I posted about the permit- w link- and anyone who does search w my username sh/find post, to find more about the work.

Is someone saying the garage safe ties in w this permit work?

Right?! That would make him someone who didn't have good judgment at all. And we know that he actually is someone who has good judgment. I can't give a ton of examples right now, but I can think of a few things that were posted in his favor:

His girlfriend didn't dump him after he got fired, so he must not have done something THAT bad

He has a cheeky sense of humor for making the "Anchor Man" reference."

SS must have thought he was a good guy to heed his call for employment when he got laid off if he gave him a job.

He was so focused on his tasks given by SS to help open the dojo, he totally forgot about the details about delivering $40k to SS's home on Thurs and just continued his mission.

People might have way more ideas that show reason he has good good judgment. And that would completely blow out of the water that he could have shown bad judgment in sending a pic he thought would be private to his girlfriend of his loot.

Let's post more ideas supporting his good judgment so that we can reject that he would do something dumb!

I know you were being facetious, but I do not think it was about 'good judgement.' That is not what I was basing my comments on.

IF he was involved in this major crime, that particular moment in time would be very stressful for him. Would he be discovered? Would his boss figure it out? Had a neighbor called 911 already and DW was caught?

JW has no criminal history. If he was taking part in a home invasion he would be nervous, imo. He would not be goofing around, sending damning texts to his girlfriend. JMO :cow:

And why would he think the text was private? Surely, IF he was involved, he would know that it was ransom $ and the cops would be checking his cell.

but surely wint wouldnt be dumb enough to leave pizza crust with his dna on it behind?

im not sure why we expect criminals to be rocket scientists.

As someone who lives near and spends a great deal of time on The Close (aka the grounds of the National Cathedral to people outside of the community ), I 100% agree with everything point you made.

IMO

I wonder how many of us newbies to Websleuths are Close parents. We likely might recognize each other IRL - like from pickup near the Prison Yard. I came here because I'm processing grief/shock by seeking answers, and doing so amongst IRL peers on the Close feels unseemly and gossipy. Sometimes I feel like if we can figure out the crime, maybe we can turn back time and prevent the crime from happening. Maybe this is the "bargaining" stage of grief. IDK. But working out details here helps me to carry on as "normal" IRL.

IIRC, several posts discussed the building permit issued for multiple projects at S home, issued spring 2013, w work to be completed spring 2014 and garage modifications/reno's were part, not all, of that permit.
IDK what was done w garage, but I posted about the permit- w link- and anyone who does search w my username sh/find post, to find more about the work.

Is someone saying the garage safe ties in w this permit work?

Just discussion of how long the safe had been there and whether it was built into the wall, etc.

I wonder how many of us newbies to Websleuths are Close parents. We likely might recognize each other IRL - like from pickup near the Prison Yard. I came here because I'm processing grief/shock by seeking answers, and doing so amongst IRL peers on the Close feels unseemly and gossipy. Sometimes I feel like if we can figure out the crime, maybe we can turn back time and prevent the crime from happening. Maybe this is the "bargaining" stage of grief. IDK. But working out details here helps me to carry on as "normal" IRL.

Sorry, what are Close parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members