DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the two dogs? Wouldn't they have been barking?

In this document, it states that that number belonged to Amy. Not sure what I'm missing here...

"... it was learned that cellular telephone with the target number [modsnip], belonging to AS..."

Ok, sorry about that. Another poster found someone with initials DAJ, and I found same info when googling the cell phone number. Must be outdated info on Google I guess.

Guys, please don't post entire phone numbers even if they are in the document.

Thanks

Ok, sorry about that. Another poster found someone with initials DAJ, and I found same info when googling the cell phone number. Must be outdated info on Google I guess.

No worries... I really thought I might be missing something!

I just googled the number, and saw one other name come up (although, not DAJ). Maybe it was an old number that used to be used as a landline, or just outdated information.

I will let others sort that phone number thing out.

All I can say is, I hope the daughters have changed their numbers before these warrants were released.

In the meantime, I found this interesting from the Washington Post earlier today.

The next day, (May 14th) police said, Wallace texted and called several people, including a woman, to whom he sent a photo of the red bag and money at 9 a.m. “Daaaamn,” the woman responded. “I wonder how much it is?” Wallace responded, “40,” to which the woman texted back, “Jesus.”

At 10:26 a.m., the police records show, Wallace texted Savopoulos: “Package delivered.”

Wallace then drove to Virginia to work on one of his bosses’ projects, a martial arts studio. The fire was discovered about 1:15 p.m., and police say Wallace was in Chantilly at the time. He learned about the fire from someone at American Iron Works, and he texted Amy and Savvas Savopoulos several times as he drove to their home.

“Hey ms Amy are you ok, if so you need to get home I got a call that your house is on fire,” police records say he wrote.

By that time, police said, the family was already dead.""​

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1c5d44e_story.html?postshare=5361433357837407

You mean as some sort of revenge on behalf of their fellow Islanders? I guess I'm not seeing how getting underpaid ties to the incredible torture of the little boy. Going after SS' family for business-related issues seems a tad extreme, imo. Even Wint's father has blasted the degree of brutality inflicted upon this family and Vera who also was an immigrant.

JMO
No, not revenge on behalf of "Islanders" but rather revenge for himself. DDW was fired from AIW for reasons we have not been made aware. Wage dispute, who knows? He was arrested in 2010 outside the AIW business with a machete and a BB gun. The fact that the NORTH American Iron Works employees were reimbursed, some in large amounts, in the days around the time of the murder leads me to think there is a relationship between the two. One event, the reimbursement precipitated the other, the home invasion/murders.
DDW is a really emotionally unhealthy man so it is difficult to rationalize his behaviors.
I just think these two events so close to each other are more than coincidence

(BTW, Guyana is on the eastern coast of the South American continent and is not an island)

What about the two dogs? Wouldn't they have been barking?

For the life of me, I cannot understand this part. Why didn't the dogs bark? Where were they? I am honestly surprised the perp(s) didn't kill the dogs right away.

All I can say is, I hope the daughters have changed their numbers before these warrants were released.

In the meantime, I found this interesting from the Washington Post earlier today.

The next day, (May 14th) police said, Wallace texted and called several people, including a woman, to whom he sent a photo of the red bag and money at 9 a.m. “Daaaamn,” the woman responded. “I wonder how much it is?” Wallace responded, “40,” to which the woman texted back, “Jesus.”

At 10:26 a.m., the police records show, Wallace texted Savopoulos: “Package delivered.”

Wallace then drove to Virginia to work on one of his bosses’ projects, a martial arts studio. The fire was discovered about 1:15 p.m., and police say Wallace was in Chantilly at the time. He learned about the fire from someone at American Iron Works, and he texted Amy and Savvas Savopoulos several times as he drove to their home.

“Hey ms Amy are you ok, if so you need to get home I got a call that your house is on fire,” police records say he wrote.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1c5d44e_story.html?postshare=5361433357837407

RIGHT???? I thought the same exact thing!!!!!!!

As far as the rest of that...it just still isn't incriminating to me! In fact, those texts say almost exactly - word for word - what I thought they would say! LOL!!!

For the life of me, I cannot understand this part. Why didn't the dogs bark? Where were they? I am honestly surprised the perp(s) didn't kill the dogs right away.

Me too. Why would DW take a chance leaving the dogs alive not knowing if they would attack, draw attention to the house, etc. ?

They were found in the back yard.

RIGHT???? I thought the same exact thing!!!!!!!

As far as the rest of that...it just still isn't incriminating to me! In fact, those texts say almost exactly - word for word - what I thought they would say! LOL!!!

Yep. He was just bragging to his girlfriend about his important job. And not about his cut of the money, as some here suggested. It might be unprofessional, but it doesn't indicate he is involved.

I read it to say that the defense motion requesting the 911 logs, names of witnesses and such was denied. Since the defense motion was denied it made the prosecutions motion (reply to the defense motion) null. Just my understanding.

There never was a defense motion, only the prosecution made the motion to squash the subpoenas filed by defense at some point. That was the motion that was denied. I have no indication on record the subpoenas were squashed.

https://www.dccourts.gov/cco/maincase.jsf

That is not what the charging documents say that JW said and those documents also state that no envelope was visible. Other than what JW says, unless another person is talking or there 's been a video discovered, how is it known that the red bag a placed in the manila envelope and that placed in the red car? I wish we had a source for that. I know the reporter is a source, but I mean a document or something because this info. is contradicting the original info.

What time did he leave the bank in Hyattsville?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1