DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But what strikes me about the WAPO article, if accurate, is that JW was concerned about letting SS know he had delivered the package, and he was calling the house while in his car, yet never returned the 11:54 a.m. call from SS's cell to his--or did he? No mention of that here and iirc (according to news) he did not get that call because of lack of connectivity while at Lowe's. Yet by 1:15, as per this report, he had use of his cell to phone house, but did not check his msgs.? Maybe no details on that. subject. Any one here recall mention of the 11:54 call, the last one made from SS cell as I remember? I know we have discussed it before, but with this item in WAPO, I am once again wondering.

bbm that was never stated on the news. Actually, some folks here said that the reception is terrible in that Lowes when people were saying JW was at Home Depot.

If JW txt his GF at 9am W/photo, why did it take 1 hour 26min do deliver to SS? I thought time was of the essence?

I am not sold on that. I think he had to have been a least a little more prepared than that. I just have to think that way...because if he was able to keep all of them subdued while he went to the garage to get duct tape...then that means in my mind, he could not have been by himself. Unless he had them all knocked out. Which again, I really don't want to have to wrap my head around!

He wore gloves

I will let others sort that phone number thing out.

All I can say is, I hope the daughters have changed their numbers before these warrants were released.

In the meantime, I found this interesting from the Washington Post earlier today.

The next day, (May 14th) police said, Wallace texted and called several people, including a woman, to whom he sent a photo of the red bag and money at 9 a.m. “Daaaamn,” the woman responded. “I wonder how much it is?” Wallace responded, “40,” to which the woman texted back, “Jesus.”

At 10:26 a.m., the police records show, Wallace texted Savopoulos: “Package delivered.”

Wallace then drove to Virginia to work on one of his bosses’ projects, a martial arts studio. The fire was discovered about 1:15 p.m., and police say Wallace was in Chantilly at the time. He learned about the fire from someone at American Iron Works, and he texted Amy and Savvas Savopoulos several times as he drove to their home.

“Hey ms Amy are you ok, if so you need to get home I got a call that your house is on fire,” police records say he wrote.

By that time, police said, the family was already dead.""​

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...1c5d44e_story.html?postshare=5361433357837407

So JW was last one to see Porsche around 10:30 am.

But what strikes me about the WAPO article, if accurate, is that JW was concerned about letting SS know he had delivered the package, and he was calling the house while in his car, yet never returned the 11:54 a.m. call from SS's cell to his--or did he? No mention of that here and iirc (according to news) he did not get that call because of lack of connectivity while at Lowe's. Yet by 1:15, as per this report, he had use of his cell to phone house, but did not check his msgs.? Maybe no details on that. subject. Any one here recall mention of the 11:54 call, the last one made from SS cell as I remember? I know we have discussed it before, but with this item in WAPO, I am once again wondering.
I don't think their times are accurate because the house fire wasn't reported to the FD until 1:24

If JW txt his GF at 9am W/photo, why did it take 1 hour 26min do deliver to SS? I thought time was of the essence?

Attending to his social media fan club does take time, ya know.

JMO

Something interesting. I was looking back at the affidavit to see the exact language they used re the bag, envelope, etc., and in W-1's second story, he stated that what actually happened was that he took the money given to him by the AIW employee and placed the money in a red bag which BELONGED to W-1.

So, maybe I am not remembering everything correctly, but didn't JW say he thought he was asked to pick up a package and didn't know it was money until he had it? It made sense that he would bring a big gym back or racing bag to pick up a package, but why bring a money bag? And what's he doing with a money bag anyway?

View attachment 75771

Well, wasn't he told to go and meet the AIW accountant at the BofA? I'd assume he knew it was going to be money at that time. And since he often did errands for his boss, wouldn't he have a money bag to keep track of cash and receipts from his daily errands?

But why mutilate the son?

The child was burned alive fgs . How any human being could do that I cannot understand. Remember, the ME report said he died of thermal injuries in addition to other injuries. Not smoke inhalation.. He suffered from fire while alive.

I hate to write this, I cannot imagine.

“Hey ms Amy are you ok, if so you need to get home I got a call that your house is on fire,” police records say he wrote.

Does anyone else find the "are you ok, if so" part of this text...odd? Or I missing some sort of context here that would make that seem like a normal question for JW to ask?

All my speculation...It's hard to follow all the different versions, but I think I might know why LE is so interested in JW. I think he may have only told two versions and his first version was actually closer to the truth than the second version. What he said was a lie/mistake was the actually more the truth. SS had had told him to pick up a 'package' and he received the package, which was the manila envelope containing the red bag with money. What he did was tear open the manila envelope up and his photo was of something he never should have seen in the first place and it required him to break into the envelope to see it and the thought may be that his breaking into the envelope and opening the red bag is itself proof of nefarious intent of some kind. Some of the other text messages seem exculpatory, though it does sound like a long time from 9 AM with the photo to almost 10:30 AM with the delivery confirmation for a highly critical delivery. It also may be from JW that they are getting the last time the Porsche was seen at the house as the confirmation text does coincide with that time.

Does anyone else find the "are you ok, if so" part of this text...odd? Or I missing some sort of context here that would make that seem like a normal question for JW to ask?

If he just heard her house was on fire, wouldn't he wonder if she was OK or not?

JW story 1) Members of rhe Major Crimes/Cold Case Homicide Unit conducted an investigation into this offense.
Members identified, located, and inten,iewed a Person identified hereafter as W-1. W-l stated IT is an employee of Mr. Savopoulos whose job consisted of transporting Mr. Savopoulos to and from work and handling daily assignments given to him by Mr. Savopoulos
W-l srated IT received a call fronr Mr. Savopoulos on Thursday morning, Irlay 14,2015, and IT was directed to rcport ro thc main offices of American Iron Works, in Hyattsville, Maryland, to pick up a package and delivir the package to Mr. Savopoulos ar his residence. W- l stated IT responded to the Hyattsville office and
met anothef emPloyee.
W-l and the other employee responded to the Bank of America located in Hyattsville, Md. W-l and the other employee walked into the bank at which time W-l watched the other employee enter into a transaction with the bani manager. At the end of the transaction W- l witnessed the bank manager give the other employee a manila envelope which contained currency (now knorvn to your affiant to be $40.000.00). W-l stated the other employcc gave him the envelope and W-l drove to 3201 Woodland Dtive, Northwest. Washington, D.C.
When W- I was ten minutes away from Mr. Savopoulos' residence he called Mr. Savopoulos on the phone and nformed h n be aS l.learbv and had the package stated har 1"1I Sa opou o nsuucted hil.lt to p ace he
monevon heseatofhsredca hCh parked n h garageonhS house sLaed henhcarnveda(
deofheg.rrage ocaeclakevtotlnockthedooro heCarn hegarage and placedhL]eI1 eopeon hedrierSSeli frelPaCn heen!eopeo nCISsea ockedhe ehCe
l20 oodandDt'lehwennS and exited the and closed lhe door to same

JW story 2)As detec(ives continued to question W-1, IT changed IT's account ol the events regarding how [T received the package, where [T left the package and when lT was told to get the package. When W-l was questioned about a text m had received from Mr. Savopoulos on wednesday, May 13, 20IS, w- I changed t'f 's statement.
This text was addressed to w-t and the text directed IT to meet the other employee on Thursday morning in Hyattsville to pick up the package. After being shown the text, W-l adrrurted rhe r.*t ** u..r."t. and IT made a mistake about when It was first told to get the package. w-l was also questioned about what the money was contained in when IT received the money from the other employee. W- l admitted that IT had lied when lT stated the money was in a manila envelope when lr rcccived the money from the other employee.
W- I stated what aclually happened was the other employee took four bundles of money from the employee,s pockets and placed the money in a red bag which belonged to W- l. W- I then drove to Mr. Savopoulos, house and called Mr. Savopoulos ten minutes before IT arrived at the home.
Mr. Savopoulos told w-l to leave the money in the car inside rhe garage. w-t stal.ed, when IT arrived at Mr. Savopoulos' garage, IT placed the money inside a manila envelope that was in IT's car. Afler placing the money in thc envelope w- I srated IT placed rhe envelope on the drivers seat of the car h tie garage.

From charging documents cited several times upstream (linked) and you have to scroll through to get to this section.

But why mutilate the son?

Seems that someone doing this to the son could be 1) a crazed mentally ill person using the son to threaten the parents into submission OR 2) an immature, jealous person inflicting pain on the son as a personal statement.
Two different motives.

Odd, bizarre and totally off the wall...an opinion the media seems to be sharing.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member