DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't he call her or SS, not text? If their house is on fire, it's an emergency...you call.

"are you ok, if so..." is so incredibly absurd. If he didn't believe she was at home, why would he be asking her if she was okay?

This may be a stretch... But... JW texted SS Wednesday " I got your message, I will
call you when I get the package! But who did he call or txt? His GF

and it took him an hour and a half to deliver it to SS home

It is possible he was texting because his calls went to VM.

I'm just saying... if I thought there was a chance that I was going to be the one to inform someone their house was on fire (kind of a big deal) I don't think I would do it via text. If I couldn't get in touch with them, I may text and say, "Emergency! Call me!" but I would just never text someone, "Hey, your house is on fire..."

IMO it just doesn't sound right... I don't know why, like a contrived message. And why call AS... Wouldn't it be SS that he would call?

The article says he texted both of them several times. The quoted text could have been one he sent after not getting any replies... he may have been a bit worried about them at that point. The verbiage doesn't seem off for that scenario.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

If you heard your boss's house was on fire, wouldn't you call them...and then keep on calling them until you got through? It doesn't seem like it should have been in a text in the first place as the message itself is rather call-worthy rather than something that should be left to text.

My kids are 23 and 27. They almost never call anyone. They TEXT everything. It does not seem weird to me at all.

First of all, I am sure that he was not expecting that HE was giving either of them this news for the first time. He heard it through the grapevine so he'd assume they knew it already too.

But as SS's personal assistant/driver/errand boy, it makes total sense that he would try and contact them to see if they needed help getting to or from somewhere, etc. MOO

BBM. No employee--if he values his job--is going to obviously break into a package he's dropping off at his boss' home. His boss would immediately detect it and immediately fire him.

LE can pinpoint JW's location at the time he left every text and message both up to and after the murders. He's provided them with a map. LE will compare that to the map provided by AS' phone.

JMO

Unless it took him a hour and half to get there because he bought another manila envelope or he knew it didn't matter. To me the first story makes more sense as I can see either a bank manager handing it over like that so that it would be inconspicuous or an accountant doing it that way rather than some accountant carrying around $40K in their pocket and all the subsequent moving around of the money. It being in a sealed package with him having to deliver that sealed package makes more sense than all this money handling drama, especially if SS's text said 'package.'

Contrived is a good word for it. I don't know - I think if I thought I could be breaking the news to someone that their house was on fire, I probably wouldn't be so nonchalant about it.

It sounds like someone trying to clearly establish that they heard that the house was on fire and wanted it to be known that he didn't know her whereabouts, hence the "are you ok?"

The mistake he made is asking her if she was okay and then saying, "if so..." He had no reason to believe she wasn't okay....or did he? The FBI profilers are going to have a field day with the material he's given them.

JMO

I'm just saying... if I thought there was a chance that I was going to be the one to inform someone their house was on fire (kind of a big deal) I don't think I would do it via text. If I couldn't get in touch with them, I may text and say, "Emergency! Call me!" but I would just never text someone, "Hey, your house is on fire..."

I doubt that he thought he was breaking the news to them. He heard it himself through the grapevine. And he knew his boss had been in the home a few hours earlier. I don't think it was about 'breaking the news' to them.

I think he was just being logical, as the errand boy/driver, and assuming his boss would need his help if his home were on fire. He'd need transportation, for himself or family members etc, or ?

Recently, some posts have referred to Philip S. as having been "burned alive." But, earlier news stories based iirc on coroner's reports seemed to assume he had died first of the traumatic injuries and then the fire was set. It is all too too horrible. Don't know how anyone could do any of it. I am hoping the stabbing or the blunt force was such that all died almost instantly.

But what strikes me about the WAPO article, if accurate, is that JW was concerned about letting SS know he had delivered the package, and he was calling the house while in his car, yet never returned the 11:54 a.m. call from SS's cell to his--or did he? No mention of that here and iirc (according to news) he did not get that call because of lack of connectivity while at Lowe's. Yet by 1:15, as per this report, he had use of his cell to phone house, but did not check his msgs.? Maybe no details on that. subject. Any one here recall mention of the 11:54 call, the last one made from SS cell as I remember? I know we have discussed it before, but with this item in WAPO, I am once again wondering.

Also, he called the house 10 minutes before he dropped off "the package". It should take approximately 90 seconds or less to leave a manila envelope in the passenger seat of the unlocked car in the garage. So If he called right after dropping off the money, he should have called previous to that at around 10:14 am. Right? If before that, he spent more time than necessary at the house. What did he do between the time he texted the photo of the money at 9 am and dropping it off at 10:25? What time did Mrs. F's husband arrive at the house? Was it possible they were there at the same time - the husband outside and JW inside? Did JW initially say he had to get the key to unlock and lock the car to explain why he was at the house longer than 90 seconds and unseen by Mrs. F's husband?

The mistake he made is asking her if she was okay and then saying, "if so..." He had no reason to believe she wasn't okay....or did he? The FBI profilers are going to have a field day with the material he's given them.

JMO

Thanks. This is what I was trying to say but you said it much more succintly and clearly.

JMO

He had called/texted multiple times already. And he knew that SS, and probably AS had been home a few hours earlier because he saw all their cars.

So of course he wondered if they were OK. Who wouldn't? They were home and their house is on fire and they aren't replying to any messages. Why wouldn't he wonder if she was OK or not?

I find it curious all of the S family were deceased when the fire and rescue team appeared on site, but VF was pronounced dead at hospital. Did DW go lighter on her since she had no access to money? Obviously she suffered horribly, and was ultimately killed, but I wonder if he spent most of his violence on the family.

Unless it took him a hour and half to get there because he bought another manila envelope or he knew it didn't matter. To me the first story makes more sense as I can see either a bank manager handing it over like that so that it would be inconspicuous or an accountant doing it that way rather than some accountant carrying around $40K in their pocket and all the subsequent moving around of the money. It being in a sealed package with him having to deliver that sealed package makes more sense than all this money handling drama, especially if SS's text said 'package.'

The story about the cash stuffed in pockets is so ridiculous but the guy sounds like he was saying whatever popped first into his head. Not exactly a sign of innocence.

JMO

His text conversation with his girlfriend does not seem like it implicates either of them in this brutal crime. JMO

I agree- IMO, those texts to his gf are not screaming involvement to me (although, seems a little unprofessional). The 90 minute time gap between the picture of the $ and the delivery is pretty long, but maybe they didn't leave the bank right at 9am, and that drive could probably take about 40 minutes if traffic was still bad. It still leaves some time unaccounted for, though.

His text to AS is a little strange, but I'm envisioning a scenario where he texted AS and SS several times as he drove to their house like the article states (which... not related to this, but texting and driving isn't cool), and getting no response, and just trying to get a hold of someone to let them know / maybe he was starting to worry they weren't OK. At this point maybe he was starting to realize something was really off between having to drop money off, the missed call from SS about an hour earlier, and now a fire. All speculation of course...

But... I'm torn how to feel about all of this. Still strange to me is the late morning call JW supposedly missed from SS. I'd be on high alert to make sure someone got the $40K I just left on their property without actually talking to anyone! If he dropped the $$ around 10:30, then headed to Chantilly to go to the store where he may or may not have gotten the call at 11:54, and then by 1:30 was driving back to their house, did he just drop things off at the dojo and leave to drive back to the house? This whole day just seems a little off to me... but, who knows.

As to why he lied to the authorities originally, I'm wondering if he thought maybe he was protecting SS somehow? IDK, but maybe he was trying to protect his boss's reputation somehow...

My opinions, of course

He had called/texted multiple times already. And he knew that SS, and probably AS had been home a few hours earlier because he saw all their cars.

So of course he wondered if they were OK. Who wouldn't? They were home and their house is on fire and they aren't replying to any messages. Why wouldn't he wonder if she was OK or not?

If I don't answer my sister's texts , I'll get one that says "Are you alive?" Same thing. Not unusual imo.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

My kids are 23 and 27. They almost never call anyone. They TEXT everything. It does not seem weird to me at all.

I text all the time too, but there are certain things you don't text.

First of all, I am sure that he was not expecting that HE was giving either of them this news for the first time. He heard it through the grapevine so he'd assume they knew it already too.

If he thought they knew it, there was no reason to advise them to get home.

But as SS's personal assistant/driver/errand boy, it makes total sense that he would try and contact them to see if they needed help getting to or from somewhere, etc. MOO

So you'd offer them a ride, not advise them they should get home...especially so being their paid driver as that's your main job for being in their employ.

But what strikes me about the WAPO article, if accurate, is that JW was concerned about letting SS know he had delivered the package, and he was calling the house while in his car, yet never returned the 11:54 a.m. call from SS's cell to his--or did he? No mention of that here and iirc (according to news) he did not get that call because of lack of connectivity while at Lowe's. Yet by 1:15, as per this report, he had use of his cell to phone house, but did not check his msgs.? Maybe no details on that. subject. Any one here recall mention of the 11:54 call, the last one made from SS cell as I remember? I know we have discussed it before, but with this item in WAPO, I am once again wondering.

From CDocs:
On Thursday, May 14,2015, at approximately l:24 pm, members from the District of Columbia Fire
Department were dispatched to the report of a house fire at 3*** Woo***** Dr, Northwest, Washington, D.C.

JW tried to call SS at around 1:40 pm, but texted AS? That is really fast for news of the fire to have gotten to an AIW employee and then to JW - 16 minutes after firefighters were dispatched...

Maybe he was told Amy was at the hospital, like Veralicia's husband was told. That would be one reason he asked if she was okay.

I text but I am not sure why I text.

For crying out loud, we have these vocal chord things and we can transmit info much more rapidly and efficiently if we just use them!

Maybe texting is cheaper and I apologize if that is the reason.

Rant over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member