DC - Savvas Savopoulos, family & Veralicia Figueroa murdered; Daron Wint Arrested #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just saying... if I thought there was a chance that I was going to be the one to inform someone their house was on fire (kind of a big deal) I don't think I would do it via text. If I couldn't get in touch with them, I may text and say, "Emergency! Call me!" but I would just never text someone, "Hey, your house is on fire..."

Exactly. He opened with a classic, leading question: are you okay? The very question implies he already knows she isn't okay. He then follows that with "if so" which is utterly ridiculous. If she wasn't okay, what did he expect her to do? Text him back and say, "I'm on fire but ty for telling me my house is on fire?"

JMO

That's what I would think! JW keeps popping up at key points in this horrific case.

I feel about this text like I feel about him calling the AIW employee crying. Sounds like he's trying to establish his "character" for the ensuing investigation... JMO

And he "forgot" that SS had texted him Wednesday, even though at the time he actually had texted him back with his promise to call the next day upon pick-up, but, RIGHT, contacts GF--why? Because his working for SS is just a pose now. And when he gets texted by SS, do we even know it really is SS? Some of the texts, in fact any, could be a perpetrator using SS phone. And JW's texts could be alibis, the visible trail he will leave behind, while obviously all are being fielded by the perpetrator/s. JMOJMOJMO

I text all the time too, but there are certain things you don't text.

If he thought they knew it, there was no reason to advise them to get home.

So you'd offer them a ride, not advise them they should get home...especially so being their paid driver as that's your main job for being in their employ.

So you are saying there are some things you don't text. So he should not have texted that their home was on fire? Would he know that is bad text etiquette? He does not seem that knowledgable.

Even if he thought they knew it, he would mention it anyway---it's like the urgent elephant in the room. How can you not?

Sure, offering them a ride would have been better than the way he put it. But I think it is the same message-generally. He was texting them and trying to contact them.

Maybe he set up this brutal crime. It is quite possible. But so far I am not convinced. I could be terribly wrong. But I still believe he is just an immature punk that does not think before he spews out words. JMO

Could the full 40,000., I don't know if was in all 100 dollar bills, fit in this size red bag--if you know?

IMO Yes. It would fit. We use them for check and cash deposits and they hold a lot. I think they are vinyl and they do stretch a bit, too.

Maybe! Yes, it would have been highly incriminating if he said 20 and it would have meant that she was privy to him taking a cut! But he is going on the story (true or untrue) that he was delivering $40k to his boss for the dojo. Unless she is in on it, he might not want to let her know that he was committing a crime, but still want to impress her. And he's not a guy who is afraid to lie. I would have assumed he would told her it was $40k for the dojo in either case of guilt or innocence, unless she was involved and knew about it.

So why does the photo only have $20K in it? Why would they be so specific as to say it appeared to be $20K? If it was a red bank bag, hard to imagine you would only see $20K - where would the other $20K hide?

I text all the time too, but there are certain things you don't text.

If he thought they knew it, there was no reason to advise them to get home.

So you'd offer them a ride, not advise them they should get home...especially so being their paid driver as that's your main job for being in their employ.

Exactly right. JW sounds like he was in the habit of being a suck-up rather than being sincere. I'm surprised SS kept him around but maybe he had enough and he intended to end the gig.

JMO

From CDocs:
On Thursday, May 14,2015, at approximately l:24 pm, members from the District of Columbia Fire
Department were dispatched to the report of a house fire at 3*** Woo***** Dr, Northwest, Washington, D.C.

JW tried to call SS at around 1:40 pm, but texted AS? That is really fast for news of the fire to have gotten to an AIW employee and then to JW - 16 minutes after firefighters were dispatched...

Not if a neighbor was home and saw the fire. A friend/neighbor might see the fire engines and call AIW immediately.

oh, just had a thought and someone else will know more than me of course.

The search warrants are for the information from the cell phones and to track movement in addition to the information of calls, numbers, texts, etc. and not the home to determine they're missing, because that would be revealed during the search of the house and covered under that warrant

The resulting information from the search warrants for the actual cell phones would reveal ping locations. If those phones pinged anywhere other than the home after the victims died, they'd have to be stolen. We would assume them to be stolen if they weren't found at the home, but it couldn't be proved that DDW or asses (associates, lol) took them or they burned up, whatever.

This way, it's one more piece of evidence if they pinged in the same location as DDW's phone?

Not sure if I worded this coherently, hope so.

Reporter on FOX5 on scene, nothing new but the anchor asked about JW and she said LE only refers to him as a witness at this time.

If you heard your boss's house was on fire, wouldn't you call them...and then keep on calling them until you got through? It doesn't seem like it should have been in a text in the first place as the message itself is rather call-worthy rather than something that should be left to text.

Maybe he did call them and it went to voice mail?

Does anyone else find the "are you ok, if so" part of this text...odd? Or I missing some sort of context here that would make that seem like a normal question for JW to ask?

I noticed that, too. It sounds like a Freudian slip. Like he knew she wasn't okay when he typed it.

The mistake he made is asking her if she was okay and then saying, "if so..." He had no reason to believe she wasn't okay....or did he? The FBI profilers are going to have a field day with the material he's given them.

JMO

Exactly! Begs the question "If not..." Most people would not want to go there in their minds. And if he didn't think he was the first person delivering the news, as someone else mentioned, why would he tell her "you need to get home." Sounds a tad imperious/imperative IMO. I guess if I found out my boss' house was on fire, if I texted, I'd say YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE! I wouldn't tell them what to do and I wouldn't assume they were inside - I would assume they were okay if I was texting them. Otherwise, what would be the point?

I doubt that he thought he was breaking the news to them. He heard it himself through the grapevine. And he knew his boss had been in the home a few hours earlier. I don't think it was about 'breaking the news' to them.

I think he was just being logical, as the errand boy/driver, and assuming his boss would need his help if his home were on fire. He'd need transportation, for himself or family members etc, or ?

That is a really fast grapevine...

SS had had told him to pick up a 'package' and he received the package, which was the manila envelope containing the red bag with money. What he did was tear open the manila envelope up and his photo was of something he never should have seen in the first place and it required him to break into the envelope to see it and the thought may be that his breaking into the envelope and opening the red bag is itself proof of nefarious intent of some kind.

That WAPO article is bad journalism. Refer to the charging documents which clearly state the accountant put the money into a red bag that JW brought with him to the bank. The money wasn't put into the manilla envelope until he got to the garage.

Recently, some posts have referred to Philip S. as having been "burned alive." But, earlier news stories based iirc on coroner's reports seemed to assume he had died first of the traumatic injuries and then the fire was set. It is all too too horrible. Don't know how anyone could do any of it. I am hoping the stabbing or the blunt force was such that all died almost instantly.

That is not what the EM's report said.
CDocs:
... the juvenile, believed to be Philip S' cause of death was thermal and sharp force injuries...

Also, the autopsies would show if any of the S family or Mrs. F ate the pizza.

From CDocs:
On Thursday, May 14,2015, at approximately l:24 pm, members from the District of Columbia Fire
Department were dispatched to the report of a house fire at 3*** Woo***** Dr, Northwest, Washington, D.C.

JW tried to call SS at around 1:40 pm, but texted AS? That is really fast for news of the fire to have gotten to an AIW employee and then to JW - 16 minutes after firefighters were dispatched...

That is fast ... maybe the neighbor that called 911 contacted AIW or something and people were trying to get in touch with the family? 16 minutes is still a really fast turnaround IMO

I wonder how his stories will hold up. Do they have phone records between JW and the AIW employee he alleges told him? Did he see someone in Chantilly who got word of this somehow?

IMO it just doesn't sound right... I don't know why, like a contrived message. And why call AS... Wouldn't it be SS that he would call?

It's almost as if he knew LE would check his messages later, so he made sure to text both of them. He deliberately didn't answer the 11:54 call. Then he waits until after 1 p.m. to start texting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1